• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodyfresh said:
Perhaps adding it to his ability-list would be prudent (something like "can survive months without food and drink due to Food Immersion") as well as maybe making that a bit more clear in the part describing his Food Immersion (which currently says he can store "months worth of nourishment in the body," that's all).
i would agree to that but only if we also note that this is working while they dont use attacks or skills :)

GreatestSin said:
Goodyfresh said:
Perhaps adding it to his ability-list would be prudent (something like "can survive months without food and drink due to Food Immersion") as well as maybe making that a bit more clear in the part describing his Food Immersion (which currently says he can store "months worth of nourishment in the body," that's all).
i would agree to that but only if we also note that this is working while they dont use attacks or skills :)
Actually that's not true. It was mentioned that highest-level food immersion users can fight just fine even if they haven't eaten in a long time. They store such large amounts of nutrients in their body that yes, they can survive for like 3 to 6 months without eating if they didn't fight all the time. So, obviously if it has been like, two weeks or a month or even two months (not that long for food immersion, it was said they can store "many months" of nutrients), and they needed to fight, they totally could, because they still have months worth of nutrients in their body.

Okay so two quick questions at what point in the Toriko manga do the characters start destroying mountains, slicing continents in half, and threatening the planet in general during fights?

And do Toriko characters have control over their molecular structure or just cellular?

Shock97 said:
Okay so two quick questions at what point in the Toriko manga do the characters start destroying mountains, slicing continents in half, and threatening the planet in general during fights?
And do Toriko characters have control over their molecular structure or just cellular?
Just look at Toriko's profile, man. It has a listing of his tiers throughout the series, and at the bottom (very bottom) is a key for the timeframe of each tier. Using that, you can pinpoint, for example, that Toriko could first destroy mountains during the Bubble Fruit arc.

Toriko characters only have control over their cellular structure (not to a super-fine cell-by-cell degree, although they can--later in the series--control all their cells at once to act in-unison), although there are some abilities that give a level of molecular control such as Ichiryuu's (later Midora's) Minority World signature-ability. But that's molecular control only on a large scale and in a specific fashion.

Honestly if you want to know more about this just read the various characters' profiles, or read the manga itself, it's really awesome and enjoyable :)

Dragon King Derous ....oml.

I sense a Teppei upgrade, possibly to 5-B or even higher soon.

We finally get to see Moon King in action... I'm just too pumped. Mitsutoshi really knows how to hype.

So let's see here:

-Derous shot a beam that went out into space and destroyed part of a moon like object and something else i can't determine on that i'd like clarification on.

-Wolf-King Guiness lost a....leg? But managed to react and trash the hell outta Acacia

-Moon King might actually go so far as to use it's ability to suck everyone in to...the Back Channel realm? Jesus, i'm losing some stuff on the series....

-Teppei getting a possible upgrade would be good.

Joa called the beam an extra-dimensional lazer ....which just makes me wonder if it can ignore durability or something extreme. Seeing how he does things it just might be, but I think it's a bit extreme to call for it now. It could be just incredibly strong or something. All I can think about is X-Axis' powers only in a larger, more dangerous form.

Yeah, it could mean that it negates durability, the blue nitro and Joa were very concerned about it hitting NEO, each of the Eight Kings has a type of hax, which are pretty amazing, (at least the ones we have seen) so Derous having one isn't really that difficult.

We will also see Joa's demon in action against starjun maybe? This chapter was awesome. Although toriko seems to be very tired, those Onis seem to drain his stamina really quickly.

Hey Alaka, what about what Joa said about the beam....and whatever the hell Derous destroyed that i have no clue of what it did that actually destroyed?

I don't think it destroyed anything all that large considering their current AP...the beam is likely some dimensional move, no clue what it does though.

I don't think it's a good idea to classify Derous' beam as durability negating from the name alone. It needs to be expressly shown/stated that that is what it does.

As for what it destroyed, its hard to say due to Shima's art style. It Could have been a Planet or 2, a Moon and a Planet, etc. It did leave the Planet very very fast though.

I mean NEO cant eat that Laser, where before he can eat don slime small supernova, so I think that laser can at least partially ignore durability.

Sheoth said:
As for what it destroyed, its hard to say due to Shima's art style. It Could have been a Planet or 2, a Moon and a Planet, etc. It did leave the Planet very very fast though.
It's definitely 2 planet and either 1 moon or just a big asteroid(since both god and don slime has already destroy 2 moons)

It's still impressive since even if 5-A Toriko were to ever be discounted for, we have feats like this.

But aside that, the series is getting more and more better with the feats and hax going on....

Overall this chapter blew my mind. And managed to surprise me a few times.

To me, the most important thing in this chapter for this wiki, was getting an actual ranking of the strength of the Eight Kings, thanks to seeing all their capture-levels. Although we do know Bambina is actually stronger than he appears in the list, since Bambina is "CLVL 6000" only when "dressed" in his sealed form. We know that he is said to be stronger than Heracles (CLVL 6200). Anyway this is cool to be able to rank them:

Moon (6600) > Derous (6590) > Guinness (6550) > Sky Deer (6450) > Mother Snake (6310) > Heracles (6200) > Bambina (6000 "when dressed") = Emperor Crow. Unless Emperor Crow is in some kind of "sealed form" like Bambina, it would seem that Emperor Crow is the weakest by a significant margin. I'm a bit surprised by Derous being second-strongest (I thought Guinness would be) and by Sky Deer being stronger than Mother Snake. . . .given Mother Snake's sheer size and hype (fought Whale King Moon in the past, eats stuff in space, etc.) I was sure that it would be the second-strongest, but instead it's not even in the top 50%!

So, given that Teppei could restrain one of the Blue Nitro, should he be upgraded to 5-A, or should we wait until we see more of him in action?

Antvasima said:
So, given that Teppei could restrain one of the Blue Nitro, should he be upgraded to 5-A, or should we wait until we see more of him in action?
Well, it took an actual effort effort on the Nitro's part (he was straining and let out a "battle cry" of sorts) to break out of the restraints Teppei put him in. Also, the restraints were able to tank a significant part (not all) of a blast that the Blue Nitro was confident would make a difference against Derous' attack. So I'd say "yes," at least in my own personal opinion, that had to be at least approaching a 5-A feat considering the strength of the Blue Nitro.

Salavtore said:
Yea wait and see. I don't recall him eating anything from Acacia's course to make him on par with a B. nitro.
He clearly ate some form of Another and News considering that he can create Back Channels with no problem at all and completely refined control, which requires News. And News cannot be properly eaten without first eating Another. He was working as an agent within NEO, and NEO/Joa were allied with the Nitro, who had a form of the full course (seemingly via the same methods as in Blue Grill) at the Farthest Kitchen.

Goodyfresh said:
Well, it took an actually significant effort on the Nitro's part (he was straining and let out a "war cry" of sorts) to break out of the restraints Teppei put him in. So I'd say "yes," at least in my own personal opinion, that had to be a 5-A feat considering the strength of the Blue Nitro.
No, he just pissed off after get hit by his own attack, like wait abit for a week is not that hard.

Emm how long the timeframe?

Maybe it was "0.1 seconds," since that's become such a common timeframe in the series and Joa loves to talk about it. Haha.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Goodyfresh said:
Well, it took an actually significant effort on the Nitro's part (he was straining and let out a "war cry" of sorts) to break out of the restraints Teppei put him in. So I'd say "yes," at least in my own personal opinion, that had to be a 5-A feat considering the strength of the Blue Nitro.
No, he just pissed off after get hit by his own attack, like wait abit for a week is not that hard.

Oh I wasn't saying we shouldn't wait for something more definitive before making edits for Teppei. We definitely should. I was just stating my opinion on what it looked like. My bad.

Besides we'll be seeing more from Teppei very soon.

Well so apparently Derous laser is not ignoring durability, it's just too strong for NEO to handle, so I guess that attack is stronger than Don slime small supernova, which is interesting since Derous strongest attack is suposed to be his fangs. o_o

also should this be written in his page? like his attack can overcome neo devouring power or superior to don slime?

Maybe it is in the range of small star level? Given that NEO was able to eat casually all the Large planet attacks thrown at him, even the Supernova (which I presume is at the higher scope of the Tier given how Don Slime described it). Although I'd like Derous to have some hax, since he was the strongest against those haxed animals, his trump card may be a giantic AP in comparison to the others.

We can't assume that it is small star level just from knowing it was too much for Neo. The gap between the low end and high end of large planet level is massive, it could simply be a higher degree of large planet level. Unless the feat is calced and it yields higher results?

No, I just like his feats for have superior AP than both don slime and NEO devouring power to be mentioned on his page(But I just kinda have no idea how this should be written :/ )

I dont really mind if it is large planet, small star or multiverse (joking) level, it probably is just a higher degree.

Edit: probably it should be noted in his page that the Extradimensional cannon has speed and AP to overpower NEO consuming power

^

Not Jim Sterling said:
No, I just like his feats for have superior AP than both don slime and NEO devouring power to be mentioned on his page(But I just kinda have no idea how this should be written :/ )
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back