• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news....

I wonder how Emperor Crow is going to even fight since shadow of death seems pretty one-shotty, unless NEO somehow eats the sun/miniature sun, which then might explain the story.

He projects the mini sun on the opposite side of himself, so he would have to go through the crow to do so I think.

Also, I don't understand why they are attacking 1v1.

I'm guessing they're acting like movies where all the henchmen attack protagonist (or antagonist) and just wait to get handed.

I think the most interesting thing that might happen is the return of Midora (then possible tongue vs tongue? idk)

Battlemania said:
I think the most interesting thing that might happen is the return of Midora (then possible tongue vs tongue? idk)
Well, this is shounen, so I entirely expect Midora to return for the final attack (powered by friendship).

Midora would probably get powered more-so by rage if Acacia tells him his tears were fake. Goes damn Berserk and accidentally destroys Area Zero along with NEO

Don't bring this matter up in this thread again.

As it stands, Ant told you to drop it and then you proceeded to insult me.

I will not be letting you scale anything from Jirou unless you make a content revision thread and get community consensus. That's it.

I already say that I prepared to drop this matter the moment ant asking it to me and I even ask you couple of times to you and then you ignore that and just deleted my comment..

Alakabamm said:
He projects the mini sun on the opposite side of himself, so he would have to go through the crow to do so I think.
Also, I don't understand why they are attacking 1v1.

I've seen a few people theorizing in forums that they reason they don't attack all at once is because half of them have abilities that are really hax and broken and could thus cause serious damage if one gets anywhere near them, even for other members of the Kings.

It does make me wonder though, why the four that rely just on physical ability (Guinness, Bambina, Mother Snake, Heracles) don't all attack as a team.

They have been kind of working as a team. They've been deliberately hitting Neo in ways that send him into the path of the other Kings. Heracles set him up for attack by Bambina, who hit him over to where Guinness could attack, who threw him up in the air into Derous' path. Then, Bambina hit him towards Moon. So in THAT sense they've been teaming-up.

Oh I also do not think at all that Jirou is weaker, even physically, than Bambina's "clothed" form, just because Bambina could tank a punch from Acacia while Jirou got his head taken off by a slap. Fact is, Jirou was caught completely off-guard by that slap, and we've seen how he actually uses his strength (and Damage Knocking in extreme cases) to augment his durability when in battle, like when the Blue Nitro were trying to knock his head off. Bambina, on the other hand, while he may have seemed to be playing, was looking straight at his opponent while in an Enbu stance! Bambina totally had his guard-up and was using Enbu to ward the attack's damage away. That is why it didn't rip his head off.

Fact is, Acacia's Three Disciples, while on the same tier as the Eight Kings, have been implied to be even above their level. In fact, I'd be willing to bet good money that if someone asked the mangaka, Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi, "do the Three Disciples have 'capture levels' over 7000," he'd answer "of course they do."

If you were the Eight Kings and with prep (because of Guiness), how would you take on Acacia? Let's just assume bambina is unsealed. What combinations would you come up with? Avoid using Emperor crow if possible.

Best combo would be Deer King zone followed by Horse King air removal followed by Guinness Search and a Derous laser (start charging around air removal) to do the job.

Follow up with a two pronged physical attack by Bambina/Guinness if necessary (since they are small enough to not get in each other's way).

Should Toriko top tiers speed be downgraded?

http://i999.**********.com/toriko/377/toriko-7762651.jpg

The blue nitro is clearly saying that acacia isn't FTL (at least not without back chanel).

Man, do i wish we had FTL+ Toriko right now. Then again, it seems that being FTL is like already a big deal so...

Well, NEO is inevitably gonna get the powerup it seems, so its possible he could shatter that.

Gabriel 00 said:
Should Toriko top tiers speed be downgraded?
http://i999.**********.com/toriko/377/toriko-7762651.jpg

The blue nitro is clearly saying that acacia isn't FTL (at least not without back chanel).
Acacia got cocky in the next page, he thought he could stall the whale king, which he sorta did by smashing the meteorite covering his body.

So i don't think a speed-downgrade is needed

I get the feeling the eight kings are each testing acacias strength compared to one another rather than just simply teaming up. They all came together so it's not like they don't know how to cooperate. I see them once they all get a taste of Acacias power they will fight together and kill acacia, however I see GOD ruining it all together by either getting killed by acacia by chance and he gets his full power, or he ends up fighting the 8 kings himself leaving them distracted for acacia to do something.

Just imagine how terrifying must be the one (GOD or NEO, I guess) that eats Heracles, given it has that monstruous Regenerationn.

PaChi2 said:
Just imagine how terrifying must be the one (GOD or NEO, I guess) that eats Heracles, given it has that monstruous Regenerationn.
I don't recall NEO or GOD gaining the power of the opponents they eat.

From the way I see it, no character of Toriko is FTL in TRAVEL SPEED. However, as all of them can react and catch ANOTHER, they have FTL reaction and combat speed, while their travel speed is only relativistic

Grudgeman1706 said:
PaChi2 said:
I don't recall NEO or GOD gaining the power of the opponents they eat.
I wasn't referring to gaining his powers, but more on the lines of HOW DO YOU EAT THAT. Heracles is huge and coupled with that regen, how do you totally eat him?

Ahhhh @pachi that makes sense, well GOD I can see given he swallowed the entire MOON , neo he might slowly but rapidly eat him faster than his regen could keep up.

Xantospoc22 said:
In a single bite?
probably, because otherwise you are giving Heracles open room for regenerating and forming more bodies, just like in the Cooking Festival Arc.

This chapter doesn't have any note worthy feats but does build up to something BIG coming the next chapter.

Though we may have to consider upgrades for Terry, kiss, and quin soon, considering terry reacted fast enough to pull toriko away from Center's attack. (a blue nitro)

Also chi-chi seems to have a MASSIVELY buff form, so he may be getting a tier finally soon.

http://readms.com/r/toriko/378/3518/20

Hello guys, well, I was thinking Komatsu may show up in the near future with his demon awakened (probably same demon as Froeze's?). The point is, how do you see Komatsu joining Starjun in order to take down Joa? His food luck may be able to counter Joa's (and he is likely to be the only one alive with enough food luck to do so)... so.. your thoughts?

Yeah it's just more of showing the others side of what's going on, it seems.

Potential upgrades for Terry, Kiss, Quin(?) and maybe even Chi-Chi would be interesting to see.

Teppei didn't really put up much of a fighty, but managed to subdue a nitro. He took a hit full on, albeit it hurt him a lot.

Do you guys think he's almost worthy of a upgrade?

That really is. That and it mentioned that he evolved past it or something. Could be a very useful thing to have in battle, yeah?

Kind of confused of what exactly Starjun was doing and such, tho?

Hard to say on Teppei, tbqh...

But it does looked interesting here for this new chapter, yes. *Nods*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back