• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teppei himself didn't show any improvement worthy of an upgrade (he seemed as strong as in previous arcs), but it should be added "large planet level with Space Tulip".

For Starjun (http://***********.com/r/toriko/379/3539/7) they said his "gourmet clairvoyance" can track an opponent even if he were to travel hundreds of millions of light years away. Obviously this won't make Starjun any faster, but make him hard to be speedblitzed.

Teppei is LPL with his new skill, yes.

And what Neo showed was High Regenerationn at the very least, he may have even come back from zero cells (pure "appetite" alone). The TL seems kind of weird in regard to what he said after he was revived.

Plus, what he showed is adaptive evolution - too bad it is probably not usable in battle (since it requires time to be sped up by a huge amount).

Hmmm.....so anybody wanna try and update the pages based on this chapter or just wait a bit and understand it more or whatever....?

Okay. So Teppei's done for now.

And now we have the important stuff which is Acacia and Starjun now....

From what i understood about starjun is that basically he was wrapping himself with multiple layers of back channel essentially allowing him to see the future so he wasn't actually faster than joa by his own speed but because he can manipulate time.

@Celestial: Alright. Another thing about this new development is what would the eye just do w/o the whole back channels thing?

From what i understood from these two pages, starjuns third eye was following joa's movements even in the future even you were millions of light years away it would still see you, it was a whole thing about everything we see being in the past because light takes awhile to reach our eyes but starjuns is seeing the future because it is always tracking its prey and additionally starjun can also create a slight gap in time

So, should we upgrade Acacia's Regenerationn, and if so, to what degree? Also, should we insert the reactive evolution power to his profile?

"And what Neo showed was High Regenerationn at the very least, he may have even come back from zero cells (pure "appetite" alone). The TL seems kind of weird in regard to what he said after he was revived.

Plus, what he showed is adaptive evolution - too bad it is probably not usable in battle (since it requires time to be sped up by a huge amount)." -Alakabamm

I believe this is what Neo/Acacia has going by Alaka's words, though i don't mind having more ideas as to what to put instead for it...

I was confused on how long it took him to regenerate, but he still managed to do it while being affected by the backchannel of Sky deer.

I gotta admit, seems a little more effective than cell's Regenerationn (dbz) at least imo.

So could we compare his regen speed to how fast time was accelerating by skydeer in his backchannel?

Okay. Feel free to change his Regenerationn to High, and to insert reactive evolution as a power.

Hmm...i feel like Alakabamm would be more suited to do this instead, tho. But if he doesn't do so later by then, i'll go ahead to do the change.

After that, there's still Starjun left....

Would Star now be a solid 5-A for being able to fight this long? and we add clairvoyance/pre-cog via third eye in powers and abilities, correct? that's it?

I sorta agree with alkabamm, the only reason NEO survived at all was because he had reactive evolution and the beast around him gave him the energy to live a little longer, and thanks to the sped of time his evolution speed up a thousand times. I wouldn't per say his Regenerationn would be high Regenerationn. As acacia himself said it normally takes a very long time of training and etc. but thanks to the Deer kings back channel he was able to evolve faster , while the monsters attacking acacia could have proven a problem, I believe they helped him more rather than put him at a disadvantage, cause he needed to eat, as that was the only reason the back channel affected him IMO. I'm not saying we shouldn't upgrade his regen, but to what extent would it be given the situation he was in.

5-A and "Battle Precognition" seem reasonable, yes.

I agree with him being a solid 5-A and having that precognition, yeah. At least going by this current chapter.

Though what about Starjun's case with the "layering stacks of back channels on himself to manipulate....whatver" thing?

I was just about to ask that, Cross. Would stacking it increase his speed he currently has (at least in reaction), or what? what is the situation with his speed? That's the only update I need left

That is just what he uses to achieve his FTL speed.

Battlemania said:
I was just about to ask that, Cross. Would stacking it increase his speed he currently has (at least in reaction), or what? what is the situation with his speed? That's the only update I need left
Well from what I read, I thought it just gave him better clairvoyance with his third eye, thus increasing his reaction

I think that Acacia has High Regenerationn normally (as his evolution had little to do with his Regenerationn, only resisting the Deer King's field) and reactive evolution only when he is using back channels.

@Alakabamm Okay. Feel free to adjust his profile accordingly.

didnt acacia regenerate from absolute nothing?

his appetite energy was gone with is the same as total death (every cell vanished) and he still came back from that, i think he should get a upgrade in Regenerationn, maybe he had normal Regenerationn pre-death but after evolving his regen got stronger too...

No, not as far as I noticed. There was still a small piece left of him.

I'd say that Teppei's new technique is more about durability negation than LPL by itself because it relays on inserting the seed inside the body of the nitro (although that required him to pierce his skin, what would be LPL?)

Can someone calculate how fast is Sky Deer's back channel? the 1 second is 1000 years thing.

Antvasima said:
No, not as far as I noticed. There was still a small piece left of him.
here the story explains that if the last bit of appetite vanishes the person dies, and appetite are the gourmet cells,

http://www.***********.net/toriko/379/15

here it is shown that acacia was gone, the black panels indicate that he didnt exist anymore but than he regenerated from nothing:
http://www.***********.net/toriko/379/16

if i understood this correctly this makes acacia unkillable except for his very being getting wiped out of existence...

The appetite was temporarily extinguished. We were not told that his body was completely annihilated.

Hmm. I got nothing to do but sleep atm but i'll handle this a bit here for now.

So it looks like we got Teppei updated (by Wandering Shepard) and Starjun having been done so by Battlemania, i believe,

Does anyone seem to actually agree with what Alakabamm said above or do we need to plan this out more before actually updating him?

Also, i'll have to make another Toriko thread then, it seems.

As I said, it was a very small portion of the body, nearly nothing to the eyes of creatures who can sense on very small levels. While it is possible that he did regenerate from pure appetite, the text is not conclusive enough to prove this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back