• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does use it, Ant. Acacia's 3 Disiples literally use the same calc that uses the 220,000 km figure.

Well, okay then. It would cause too much trouble to start re-calculating it from a more uncertain value.

^if it is mentioned in his profile i think it is enough, we cant really calc it :/

PS: wasnt the toriko-world stated to be somewhere around 659 times bigger than out earth? here i found the page: http://www.***********.net/toriko/323/5

i think it is save to assume that the new value is correct, afterall the earth is coming closer to its end and therefore it grows in size (like food),

that means that the toriko world is 40000*659 = 26,360,000km long, would this have a affect on the feats?

(mostlikely to gods tongue speed because he pretty much went such a length in a second, so:

Light is 300,000 km/h, 26360000/300000=87,87 seconds are needed for light in order to finish one round,

God managed to do it in a second or so, that means he is 87-88 times faster than Light,

so...should we update the profiles? :D)

EDIT: note that the 659 size came in ch.323 while the 220000km one was said in 301 so i think we can savely take it as a new number :)

^

Antvasima said:
However, if it is stated that Toriko is now comparatively 2678400 times swifter than previously/experiences 1 month of time for every second that he did before, we can likely use that.
We can still use their non FTL feats and then use neo Time Compression is to amped their speed, also we pretty much agree on this before but then sudenly no one talked about this again.

I still think that it seems far too uncertain what kind of individual they are that much swifter than. It could be the perspective of an ordinary human for all that we know.

Antvasima said:
We have at least two statements about the circumference of the Toriko world, and as far as I understand, the calculations that we base our profiles on also use that value.
659 times the surface area of the "human world" part of the Toriko planet does not necessarily mean 659 times the surface area of our Earth.

I would appreciate if you would permanently drop this.
Good point also about the size of Central Human World not being explicitly stated as equal to our own Earth (although it is HEAVILY implied to be).

So okay, I'll drop it, feel free to close the thread. Unless it gets DEFINITIVELY retconned in the future, let's just go with 220,000km.

Which means, of course, that GOD's tongue's lowball-estimate speed is 2.3 times lightspeed from the calc I did. Still damn impressive :) Although my calc was VERY-lowballed, assuming that GOD attacked at a rate of ten times per second (sending his tongue all the way through the Earth each time). Considering the attack left afterimages to the point that the attacks (I counted fifteen total) looked simultaneous, it was probably more like ten attacks per second, putting GOD's attack speed at 23 times lightspeed. This does seem very, very consistent with him being the strongest Beast in the series.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Not really since it could be just the planet only have 659 more mass than earth which is about 9 times larger than our planet(9 height x 9 length x 9 Width= 729)
i thought about it and now im sure it refers to the surface, but seems like others want to stay at 220000 for low-balling :(

Not Jim Sterling said:
GreatestSin said:
Not really since it could be just the planet only have 659 more mass than earth which is about 9 times larger than our planet(9 height x 9 length x 9 Width= 729)
Yeah but it definitively refers to surface-area in the statement, meaning the size-ratio would be the square-root of 659. Also @Not Jim Sterling---Yeah I have a comment on the Acacia-Time-Compression. My comment is THAT SH*T IS CRAZY, yo! Hahahaha. That's some serious time-passage-speed manipulation-hax, right there. Damn.

Sorry GreatestSin, but unless we can definitively establish the area of Central Human World (and thus of the Original Earth) to be about equal to our own Earth's surface-area, as people pointed out we would need to do, then we can not establish with certainty that the 659-times original-surface-area figure was actually meant to be a retcon of the 220,000km-circumference figure.

makes sense, with how the story described the earht pre-gourmet cells i wouldnt doubt that the original size was meant but i guess we cant say it for certain :(

There problem is the 659 times original surface statement(assume its was 659 times the original earth) and the 220,000km circumference figure is just not makes any sense since both of them is just contradiction to each other, like are the planet just become dozens of times larger in just few weeks or something...

I can do the tongue thing as a calc although we should use the 220,000 km figure for the circumference

There's also one of Joie's techniques shown recently which was ridiculous...100,000,000 slice grater in a stated timeframe (0.1 seconds). If we take that at face value, its at least relativistic+.

SwordSlayer99 said:
The 659 times statement wasn't talking about surface area, it was talking about volume.
No it was not, it said surface-area.

Also, if it were talking about volume, that would STILL give a figure different from 220,000km for the circumference. VERY easy to calc, a volume 659 times as great would give a circumference of about 348,000km if the original planet were in-fact the size of our Earth. This is all too damn confusing and inconsistent and in the end may be due to some kind of translation-error for all I know, so let's just go with the 220,000km and be done with it for now.

And yeah a more meticulous calc of the tongue-barrage would kick ass. How would you estimate the timeframe during which the barrage of about fifteen attacks took place, Alakabamm? All I know is the attacks created afterimages so they all looked simultaneous, I'm not sure what the minimum attack-rate would be to make that happen.

And yeah if Joa literally performed 100,000,000 slices in that tenth of a second, that's an insane feat right there. And Starjun is keeping up with those attacks with no problem whatsoever.

Well afterimages is not really all that relevant for calcs near the speed of light, since blueshifting, relativistic mass gains and other various shenanigans occur. It's only really useful because it means we can use the same timeframe.

Not Jim Sterling said:
There problem is the 659 times original surface statement(assume its was 659 times the original earth) and the 220,000km circumference figure is just not makes any sense since both of them is just contradiction to each other, like are the planet just become dozens of times larger in just few weeks or something...
it makes sense if you include the context imo,

the planet is about to enter its final phase of "being cooked", this was even mentioned in-story by some chiefs :/ mostlikely the earth right now is again dozens of times bigger than it was at chapter 323...

No, since the earth will be even larger than the sun, and yet no one is mentioned how the entire planet just become hundreds to thousands times larger than before?

Not Jim Sterling said:
No, since the earth will be even larger than the sun, and yet no one is mentioned how the entire planet just become hundreds to thousands times larger than before?
i guess they are to occupied with the fight against the big bad guys where the survival of the planet is one the line :/

PS: and if we take the comment of acacia into this it fits even better: G-cells are increasing itself at the speed of light, if the earth is also falling under this rule too (should be the case due to it being mostly made out of G cells) it would explain its immense growth rate...

No, Toriko smell ability is literally kinda like Nigh-Omniscience in term of smell, he should have noticed that and so does with the rest of eight kings or like any God tier in toriko verse since they pretty much very sensitive to even the the smallest change..

Not Jim Sterling said:
No, Toriko smell ability is literally kinda like Nigh-Omniscience in term of smell, he should have noticed that and so does with the rest of eight kings or like any God tier in toriko verse since they pretty much very sensitive to even the the smallest change..
and what says that they didnt notice it?

i dont remember them being in a situation where the mentioning of the earths growing was necessary, we already knew that the earth came closer to its ending and now they must fight the bad guys, not mentioning it again doesnt mean that it didnt happen...

Well they travel to many continents to seek for acacia full course menu, is the planet become bigger they must notice it and then say it since that will make they journey to become even longer than before, but they not say a darm thing about this even when this is literally can make all of their feats become much more impressive...

^no, i meant they dont care about how "impressive" it is to us, so why going out of their way and commenting that the earth is growing thanks to the eclipse even if it was already stated back in ch323 with the comparison of earth=breath? but its not like i disagree, the argument that the original area cant be said to be the same size as our earth is enough, hopefully the author will state something like that, until than the 220000 should be taken in order to be on the safe side :)

We'll probably because having a planet that become the size of large stars in few weeks is will kinda mess up the solar system and will make the journey is become even more difficult than before.

Alakabamm said:
There is no "old" calc, that is a statement from the PAIR arc, please quit it already
I mean the 649 statement is still newer than that.

also It was not for me, right? since I pretty much prefer the 220000 km statement the whole time.

Alakabamm said:
Well afterimages is not really all that relevant for calcs near the speed of light, since blueshifting, relativistic mass gains and other various shenanigans occur. It's only really useful because it means we can use the same timeframe.

Should we consider factors like blueshifting, relativistic mass gain, etc., when Gourmet Cells and appetite-energy clearly violate all the laws of physics that we are familiar with? I mean, their cell-division itself can occur at lightspeed, obviously they completely ignore any considerations of relativity and such.

Guys, let's drop any theory about the planet having somehow grown tremendously in just a couple weeks. Given how much exposition is in this series, if that were happening someone would have said something, for sure. And don't say such growth wouldn't be "impressive" to the characters in the series; a linear growth of almost five times would mean the planet increased over 100 times in volume in a few weeks!

Nice calcs Alakabamm. So Joa's attack was almost five times lightspeed? Holy crap, and this was while he/she still looked pretty casual and was not in Demon-Form. I'm getting excited about what's to come. But perhaps Joa's most impressive ability is to speak several full sentences during the 0.1 seconds that Starjun was blinking, hahahaha.

No, I think despite god calc is slower than Joa, we still will using Joa calc as the absolute minimum for GOD speed since GOD is supposed to be much more powerful entity than Joa, even though his speed feats is not as impressive as Joa.

Just saying, but, shouldn't toriko get scaled to Starjun? I mean, Post-PAIR Starjun was scaled to Toriko so... starjun even said that Toriko could be stronger than him.

Edit: im asking because I'm not sure if the last key is for base toriko or Blue Oni toriko.

@PaChi2: Well the thing is that Antvasima believes that Toriko is merely no longer limited to having to use his Oni's to fight against those on the Eight Kings and Acacia's power. Here's what he said from the other day or so ago.

"I adjusted Toriko's profile a bit with a new key for the "God" arc. He does not seem limited to being powered up by the onis anymore, as he was perfectly capable of harming Neo on his own, but can apparently manifest them outside of his body to triple his fighting power, as he did against the blue Nitro." -Antvasima

CrossverseCrisis said:
@PaChi2: Well the thing is that Antvasima believes that Toriko is merely no longer limited to having to use his Oni's to fight against those on the Eight Kings and Acacia's power. Here's what he said from the other day or so ago.
"I adjusted Toriko's profile a bit with a new key for the "God" arc. He does not seem limited to being powered up by the onis anymore, as he was perfectly capable of harming Neo on his own, but can apparently manifest them outside of his body to triple his fighting power, as he did against the blue Nitro." -Antvasima

It seems like the "tripling his fighting power" may be only "doubling" it though. Because in the latest chapter, having both Red and Blue fighting outside his body for an extended period is causing him to become exhausted and sweaty and out of breath, clearly not in top fighting-shape. My guess is that once he eats Center and GOD, that will no longer be an issue and he'll be able to keep his Demons out without becoming exhausted. Red did say that he still can't manifest his true original power, but will be able to do so once Toriko eats GOD and Center.

Thank you, Cross. Well, it could be added to NEO's and Toriko's profiles that they can survive a complete month without starvating (the whole "NEO has been staring at you for an entire month") in the stamina part.

NEO could have his weakness addressed, that golden tincan, and in his powers: Damage Knocking at least (because he said it was him who taught those techniques to Jirou), and it was Acacia himself the one who sealed Jirou... so he should have Knocking.

Just a question: when Prime NEO was rampaging all over the place, he was said to be a threat to the universe? Because the way I see it is that he would need some kind of transport (MFTL, maybe) as he doesn't destroy planets but eat them in extended periods of time.

PaChi2 said:
\Well, it could be added to NEO's and Toriko's profiles that they can survive a complete month without starvating (the whole "NEO has been staring at you for an entire month") in the stamina part.
Because the way I see it is that he would need some kind of transport (MFTL, maybe) as he doesn't destroy planets but eat them in extended periods of time.
To the first point: We already knew Toriko can do that due to food-immersion, it was explicitly stated in the series a long time ago that those capable of food-immersion can go for months without eating and drinking if they need to. Perhaps adding it to his ability-list would be prudent (something like "can survive months without food and drink due to Food Immersion") as well as maybe making that a bit more clear in the part describing his Food Immersion (which currently says he can store "months worth of nourishment in the body," that's all).

About your second point: It was actually explained how NEO did that. He did it by continually reviving from the Food Spirit World back into the Material World. He would devour an entire planet and then pretty much self-destruct, taking all his new energy abnd power with him as a Food Spirit into the Food Spirit realm, then eventually after thousands or millions of years would revive on a new world. Remember, it's been established that deceased Food Spirits can be revived over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back