• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Joa did seem to defeat Zebra, Coco, and Sunny combined, but said that it took her a month of personal time to do so.

Wait for the next chapter and see if they still can put a fight and match Joa so we can Just straight upgrade them to large planet level instead. :x

I adjusted Toriko's profile a bit with a new key for the "God" arc. He does not seem limited to being powered up by the onis anymore, as he was perfectly capable of harming Neo on his own, but can apparently manifest them outside of his body to triple his fighting power, as he did against the blue Nitro.

Of course, he now has a third demon that is far more powerful than the others, but he has not used it yet.

We should probably wait a bit with upgrading Coco, Zebra, Sunny, and Starjun.

Hmm. I'll take your word on this, Antvasima.

So it's now legit that we have 5-A and FTL Toriko (the character, i mean), huh? Aite. *Nods*

Weird choice of the word right there, man. ^^; (Tonguing).

But ignoring that, yeah GOD did pulverize Acacia/Neo to the other side of the world, yes. *Nods*

Also should this be mentioned on Neo page that anything that Neo consume will get even their soul erased and cannot reincarnate again?

Oh yeah, good mention there Jim. Yeah i do recall the manga having said that a few or so times, so i can add that on there.

@Jim: No problem.

@All: So all there is to do is potentially update the Heavenly Kings and Starjun, i see.

Alakabamm said:
Well, for one, the scans have just stated that even the cells in a Bishokuya's bodies can move FTL so people who were concerned about them being FTL at this point should be abated by that.
Yes, I was one of those people concerned about them being FTL, but at this point it has been established that even just the cell-diVision of Gourmet Cells can reach lightspeed (not FTL, but lightspeed specifically according to the translation I read), so yeah I'm fully willing to accept now that the god-tier characters in Toriko are easily FTL.

Can someone add to Toriko's Abilities something like "can manifest 2 of 3 full Onis outside his body, which can fight for themselves" or however you see fit, because now is something he uses to fight and it should be listed, i think.

PaChi2 said:
Can someone add to Toriko's Abilities something like "can manifest 2 of 3 full Onis outside his body, which can fight for themselves" or however you see fit, because now is something he uses to fight and it should be listed, i think.
It's like he has a Stand power with two Stands, it's pretty badass :)

It'll be interesting to see just how powerful Toriko becomes by the end of the series, and how powerful the White Demon turns out to be! My guess is he'll be at least Dwarf Star Level (I already have a suspicion that Neo's true power is Dwarf Star level).

Also, did anyone else notice how, after sending Neo all the way to the other side of the planet (a distance of about 70,000km using the 220,000km circumference figure, and a distance of 320,000km using the surface-area figure of 659 times our Earth's area, both of which have been stated in the series), and noticing that Neo wasn't dead, GOD proceeded to continually smash its tongue through that same distance at least dozens of times in a fraction of a second (to the point after-images were created): Bottom panels of this page and top-right panel of this page. To create such after-images, the attacks had to be happening at least at a rate of ten attacks per second or so. Lowballing, and assuming the attacks were at a rate of ten-per-second, we get that the tongue is able to traverse a distance of either 700,000km or 3,200,000km in a single second. So a very-rough-estimate puts this tonguing-feat (lol) at at between 2.3 times and 10.6 times lightspeed, and this could very well be a massive low-ball (the attacks could have all happened in a hundredth of a second, for all we know, they were certainly fast enough that they all looked like they happened simultaneously).

Note, I do believe the four heavenly kings should get an added weakness, which is that they cannout use their enbu and gourmet demon at the same time

Battlemania said:
Note, I do believe the four heavenly kings should get an added weakness, which is that they cannout use their enbu and gourmet demon at the same time

I'd bet a million bucks that weakness will be eliminated, but the author will never explicitly bother to say so, once they've awakened their entire bodies into their demon-forms with all eight dishes of the Full Course. Also, that weakness only applies when they transform parts of their own body into the corresponding demon-parts. It would seem from his latest fight that Toriko has access to his full normal power (probably including Enbu) in his normal body once Blue and Red have materialized completely outside of him. Seems like this is just a super-special ability that Toriko has as someone with Super-Special Gourmet Cells with Scars and Three Demons. DANG he's OP, seriously.

Anyway, anybody wanna comment on that rough calc I posted up there for GOD's latest tongueing-feat??? Its some pretty crazy stuff. Puts GOD's tongue at 2.3 times lightspeed bare minimum (it's almost certainly a major lowball).

It should be noted that NEO has some extreme pain resistance, because while Acacia was clearly damaged, NEO was busy "sucking/eating" the tongue, just commenting.

Also, could someone create a Page for the Blue Nitro? I think there are enought feats for them and their stats are pretty easy to determine...

Edit: NEW CHAPTER! Starjun FTL and possibly Large planet since he was holding up with Joa, Toriko base FTL (should scale from star), Base Bambina Large Planet and FTL

The eight kings will fight!! this is getting really interesting

Hmm, okay...

Let me go read the chapter myself and i'll see if it's okay to update it enough...

CrossverseCrisis said:
So FTL to barely FTL+? Aite.

For God's tongue? Yes that's what it looks like, and more definitively than in his previously-seen feats since we directly see the distance his tongue travels as well as a rough timeframe and number of times it does so.

The thing making these calcs difficult, honestly, is that we have two conflicting figures for the size of the planet. One has a circumference of 220,000km, the other is that it has a surface area 659 times that of our own Earth (which would give it a diameter about 25.5 times that of our planet, and a circumference of over a million km).

Honestly I'm leaning towards the latter figure which gives a diameter around 320,000km. Why? Because the 220,000km circumference figure is simply taken from the stated length of the Mother Snake King. It's only "said in legends" that the Mother Snake can stretch around the whole Earth, and this is a series where stuff does get retconned and that statement was made hundreds of chapters ago. The 659-times surface-area figure is clearly given to establish the planet's size for the audience, and is a very recent statement. I've honestly always been highly skeptical, anyway, that a snake which can stretch around the entire planet could manage to live comfortably on a single continent of that planet. It makes way more sense for the Mother Snake to be 220,000km while the planet's circumference is over 1,000,000km.

Anyway, with the figure of the 659-times surface-area, my earlier calc puts God's tongue at least at 10.6 times lightspeed. Pretty crazy stuff. And given the rough-lowball nature of the calc, the real speed is probably quite a bit higher than that.

In fact, I think I will go start a thread over on the Toriko (Universe) page concerning the conflicting figures for the size of the planet? Or does such a thread already exist?

@Goody: Hmm, don't know. We had a couple threads regarding the size of Toriko's planet but this was done before the 220,000km and the more recent 659 times our Earth's size statement came in so......maybe? I mean it's been kind of inconsistant but it could be safe to address it if it's indeed a problem.

Edit: Nvrmind, Alaka seems to disagree so idk what to do on that for ya.

@All: Well aside that, i read the recent chapter and it's definitely getting better and better. With Heracle's attack powerful enough to stop Acacia and GOD to cease fighting and Bambina punching Acacia with enough force to send him flying while in his contained form.

Starjun seems to be get a potential speed upgrade and maybe AP given that he was able to trade blows with Joa. Though i'll need to relook at that sequence a bit more.

Goodyfresh said:
I'd bet a million bucks that weakness will be eliminated, but the author will never explicitly bother to say so, once they've awakened their entire bodies into their demon-forms with all eight dishes of the Full Course. Also, that weakness only applies when they transform parts of their own body into the corresponding demon-parts. It would seem from his latest fight that Toriko has access to his full normal power (probably including Enbu) in his normal body once Blue and Red have materialized completely outside of him. Seems like this is just a super-special ability that Toriko has as someone with Super-Special Gourmet Cells with Scars and Three Demons. DANG he's OP, seriously.
I do not believe that it would get eliminated. As the latest chapter shows, Toriko can muster strength to summon them, but seem to exhaust him. Anyway, it still would apply to the other three heavenly kings, it's just how it is. One allows the harmony of the cells while the other causes massive disturbances, since they have an energy demand.

CrossverseCrisis said:
@Goody: Hmm, don't know. We had a couple threads regarding the size of Toriko's planet but this was done before the 220,000km and the more recent 659 times our Earth's size statement came in so......maybe? I mean it's been kind of inconsistant but it could be safe to address it if it's indeed a problem.
Edit: Nvrmind, Alaka seems to disagree so idk what to do on that for ya.

@All: Well aside that, i read the recent chapter and it's definitely getting better and better. With Heracle's attack powerful enough to stop Acacia and GOD to cease fighting and Bambina punching Acacia with enough force to send him flying while in his contained form.

Starjun seems to be get a potential speed upgrade and maybe AP given that he was able to trade blows with Joa. Though i'll need to relook at that sequence a bit more.

Oh Starjun is DEFINITELY FTL now if he was dodging Joa's knife-attacks like that.

And yeah well Alaka did point out something that I stupidly forgot about, namely a more-recent statement directly stating the circumference of the planet to be 220,000km in the Pair Arc.

Buuuut. . . .the statement of the 659-times surface-area figure was given far more recently than even that, by pretty much the most knowledgable good-guy character we've seen in the entire series, Jiji. So I don't know what to make of this. It could very well be that the planet's size has been retconned. By the way. . .if the circumference is about 1,000,000km rather than 220,000km, wouldn't that put something able to destroy the planet at High 5-A/dwarf-star-level rather than just 5-A/large-planet-level? If I'm not mistaken, anyway. We're talking about something with more than twice the linear size of Jupiter, but made entirely of rock and other solid materials. The planet's mass has to be absolutely enormous, easily at Brown Dwarf levels or above, if the figure stated by Jiji is the correct one.

Yeah i'm trying to update the pages. Acacia, Bambina, Heracles, and Starjun are te ones i need to get to.

Maybe? You'll have to make a calc or something about that. I can't really say other than saying taht it could or could not. Sorry.

JUST seen the new chapter, The Avengers Assemble? No, screw that, 8 KINGS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!! ^_^, also, damn possible High 5-A/Dwarf Star Toriko characters? Damn

DBZMLP12345 said:
damn possible High 5-A/Dwarf Star Toriko characters? Dam
MAYBE, if, and only if, it turns out the "659 times surface area" statement was meant to be a retcon of the 220,000km circumference statement. At this point it's very hard to say. The 659 figure seems pretty deliberatedly chosen, and the author may not always draw things with the same scale but has always been pretty damn detailed in his numbers-based statements of the sizes and amounts of things. But on the other hand this could just be a case of the author having made some kind of huge math-mistake. . .although I do not see where he could have possibly made a mistake to get 659 times the Earth's surface-area from a circumference of 220,000km.

If the 220,000km figure is the correct one, well then being able to destroy that planet would only imply solid 5-A power, not high 5-A.

We have at least two statements about the circumference of the Toriko world, and as far as I understand, the calculations that we base our profiles on also use that value.

659 times the surface area of the "human world" part of the Toriko planet does not necessarily mean 659 times the surface area of our Earth.

I would appreciate if you would permanently drop this.

Yup, we're gonna have to go with 220,000 km one then. Especially as Ant pointed out taht the recent calc we use for the Toriko Earth uses that figure.

Indeed, Jim.

Well, I am not certain, but I think that the Jirou calculation used that value. I may misremember though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back