• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esper vs Hero: Shigeo Kageyama vs Izuku Midoriya (8-12-0)

Well I mean what is he absorbing from the environment? Does the environment have psychic energy? Or is he just draining life? How fast does the absorb work on other people?

Well I mean what is he absorbing from the environment? Does the environment have psychic energy? Or is he just draining life? How fast does the absorb work on other people?
Just naturally occuring energy. He also absorbs a lightning bolt in his 100% state too so like, it's not that surprising. He could draw life force but he'd need to know he has to do that, which buys Deku some time.

As for how fast? The passive drain is nebulous as far as speed goes. Actively? He can transfer 100% amounts of his powers to others (1000% Gratitude) and drained a large chunk of Toichirou's power (he couldn't get all of it though, since Toichirou was significantly stronger) before channeling it into a Broccoli.

Just naturally occuring energy. He also absorbs a lightning bolt in his 100% state too so like, it's not that surprising. He could draw life force but he'd need to know he has to do that, which buys Deku some time.

As for how fast? The passive drain is nebulous as far as speed goes. Actively? He can transfer 100% amounts of his powers to others (1000% Gratitude) and drained a large chunk of Toichirou's power (he couldn't get all of it though, since Toichirou was significantly stronger) before channeling it into a Broccoli.
I assume he still has to actually be able to perceive Deku to actively transfer or drain him. His passive drain doesn’t seem to be at a level that Deku couldn’t be inside it and KO him. Not to mention, like basically every win con for Mob, he has to actually think to do it and has to do so before Deku activates Gearshift lest he get blitzed into oblivion.

So yeah, still going for Deku just perception blitzing and spamming High 6-B punches.

The way it looks, Mob has the abilities to win and due to bloodlust has a couple options to do so pretty simply, but idk how likely one option is over another, and he has to act near instantly otherwise Deku perception blitzes and Mob never hits him with any attack for the rest of the fight.

Invisibility, gravity, mind control, possession, absorption… all of it kinda doesn’t matter if he can’t perceive his opponent due to a massive speed gap + precognition. And Deku seems far more likely to go for Gearshift immediately than ???% is to go for his weirder abilities against a seemingly weaker opponent.

High 6-B spammable punches while blitzing immensely so Mob can’t do anything when he gets past them.
I mean Mob can simultaneously attack with his large aoe/danmaku which would delay him getting past his forcefield putting him on the defensive and during that time mob would definitely notice the speed difference and resort to much weirder abilities, unless the speed difference is way too for any of that to matter. Also does mob require his body to still be alive as a spirit?

I mean Mob can simultaneously attack with his large aoe/danmaku which would delay him getting past his forcefield putting him on the defensive and during that time mob would definitely notice the speed difference and resort to much weirder abilities, unless the speed difference is way too for any of that to matter. Also does mob require his body to still be alive as a spirit?
Deku precog’s what Mob is going to do, backs up, activates Gearshift then murderblitzes. The speed difference is “Deku punches you five times and sends you flying before you even register that he has moved.” Mob will not be able to perceive him and will be getting punched in the head numerous times with no idea what is even happening.

Idk about his body but if so then this is kinda unwinnable if Deku legit can’t KO him. So I guess if he kicks him in the temple with a High 6-B iron sole we don’t have to discuss the death thing.

Gonna vote for ???% Mob. Even with Gearshift and the superior speed it provides, it has a time-limit, and I think ???% could just put up multiple barriers to protect himself while Gearshift reaches its time limit. He's also got passive absorption and is bloodlusted from the start. Though I think both sides have good wincons. Looks like this match is gonna end in inconclusive. I was surprised that this matchup actually became possible.

Gonna vote for ???% Mob. Even with Gearshift and the superior speed it provides, it has a time-limit, and I think ???% could just put up multiple barriers to protect himself while Gearshift reaches its time limit. He's also got passive absorption and is bloodlusted from the start. Though I think both sides have good wincons. Looks like this match is gonna end in inconclusive. I was surprised that this matchup actually became possible.
Gearshift does have a limit, but 5 whole minutes of Deku going all out against Mob seems like a bit much for him to handle. Deku is prone to going for instant KO’s, and he can fight after Gearshift runs out, just with a bit of drawback.

Seems I'm late. Dunno if it changes anything, but this match-up reminded me that Shigemo's LS should be updated. Made this blog and plan to calculate a few more things that IIRC are around this same ballpark. Figured I'd comment since LS is a big factor in a psychic's kit.

Seems I'm late. Dunno if it changes anything, but this match-up reminded me that Shigemo's LS should be updated. Made this blog and plan to calculate a few more things that IIRC are around this same ballpark. Figured I'd comment since LS is a big factor in a psychic's kit.
That'd have to be accepted first since it'd massively change the results of the match.

Huh. Well, what now? It still needs a CRT (and I'd personally wait to see if any contention pops up) but Izuku's win con is now ash.

Huh. Well, what now? It still needs a CRT (and I'd personally wait to see if any contention pops up) but Izuku's win con is now ash.
A crt would require a 48 hour grace period. The match could be added. But once the CRT for Mob's LS is over, a rematch could be made or smth.

Well, 12-24 hrs since it's just a calc change. But a rematch is kinda pointless since the only reason this match even works is cause ???% couldn't just pretzel Deku.

Can’t Deku just blitz Mob anyways or use Fa Jin/Blackwhip to escape?
No? Thanks to that calc ???% has hundreds of times better lifting strength than Deku. He just opens with a telekinetic force pinning down and obliterates Deku before he uses Gearshift since its all thought based and can be applied over a wide area all at once.

Is Mob's telekinesis meant to hit back at him physically like you're suggesting? This calc only works if Mob's arms are physically pushing that entire thing with the force of his arm swing. Since your blog doesn't explain how his power works like you're suggesting I can only go off the video you're linking.

IDK anything about the series and I also don't plan on watching it so feel free to spoil anything if you want to explain it. Apologies if this is something obvious.

Is Mob's telekinesis meant to hit back at him physically like you're suggesting? This calc only works if Mob's arms are physically pushing that entire thing with the force of his arm swing. Since your blog doesn't explain how his power works like you're suggesting I can only go off the video you're linking.

IDK anything about the series and I also don't plan on watching it so feel free to spoil anything if you want to explain it. Apologies if this is something obvious.
It uses the same methodology as the original blog I linked to. I just recalculated it using a better method. Mob exerts his psychic power onto the object with a pulling motion. Thus I used the yanking motion he did to get the distance he applied force onto it with his psychic power.

It uses the same methodology as the original blog I linked to. I just recalculated it using a better method. Mob exerts his psychic power onto the object with a pulling motion. Thus I used the yanking motion he did to get the distance he applied force onto it with his psychic power.
Not at all, I've seen the other calc and what you're doing is different. The other calc is just calculating the force the ball generates while it's moving.

You're assuming Mob's physically pushing the ball with the force generated by that hand motion. That's the only way your method works, considering the ball doesn't even reach full speed until after Mob makes that arm motion. I don't believe what you're doing is currently correct.

Not at all, I've seen the other calc and what you're doing is different. The other calc is just calculating the force the ball generates while it's moving.

You're assuming Mob's physically holding and pushing the ball with that hand motion. That's the only way your method works, considering the ball doesn't move until after Mob makes that arm motion. I don't believe what you're doing is currently correct.
The original calculation used the timeframe of Mob moving his hands in the yanking motion to get a timeframe for acceleration. Meaning all the accelerating was done within that timeframe.
We also need his acceleration

I will be treating that as the time it took for him to complete his hand movement to throw the ball

Video used for context:http://www.watchframebyframe.com/watch/yt/GH9CAE8CoQs

It takes Mob from 01:27:50 to 01:28:26 to complete his movement which gives us a timeframe of .36 seconds

Using a Acceleration calculator gives us a value of 922.8 m/s^2
That's quoting the blog. It's literally the same thing I did, but it calc'd acceleration to get force. I calc'd force via work. Both assume he applied force to that ball during that hand movement that yanked the ball forward.

The original calculation used the timeframe of Mob moving his hands in the yanking motion to get a timeframe for acceleration. Meaning all the accelerating was done within that timeframe.
Didn't see that part, yeah that's completely bogus unless they can provide evidence for it.

I may need to bring this up to have all of this changed.

However, I'd prefer if you can provide evidence for why his powers should work physically on himself instead of just pointing the finger.

Edit: Actually, if the ball's acceleration was 922.8 m/s^2 it would've reached a speed of 22147.2 m/s by the time it hit the ground.

The actual acceleration of that ball moving is nowhere close to that level of speed. Yeah both of the calculation are completely wrong.

Last edited:
Back