• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor resist vibration as you can see in his profile, He was literally hit by a mine that was supposed to destroy everything with vibrations and it didn't do much to Thor.

This is not a factor

Everyone keeps talking shit about Garou's portals when Thor can from breaking it with pure Ap to creating Dimensional Storms so he will still be affected even if he enters a portal
Tony out here cooking as per usual.

Resistance to Vibration Manipulation (Survived "vibro-mines" which shatter anything they touch. Mjolnir was close to the exposure to the Antarctic Vibranium aka Anti-Metal that destroys any other metal via Vibrations.)

Garou M.A durability neg isn't doing shit to Thor.

Then we can talk more after the CRT, for now it's an NLF to assume he can do otherwise.
It's not an NLF. For one, your claim is a myth. I just provided you why that isn't true. Neither Garou nor Saitama have a cap on their potential. Garou was even prepared to copy Saitama limitlessly, forever, until he won. He only ended up losing because Saitama's growth was too fast, not because of some cap on his powers.

He's gone against people like Doctor Strange who's portals are much more potent than Garou's.
It's not the potency of the portals, it's how they use them. Garou uses his portals to punch people. He can spawn portals next to Thor and just punch him from blindspots. The applications of his portal destruction you've shown do not seem like they would work against that.

I'm 100% projectile speed isn't equalized.
Thor does not have any listed "attack speed" on his profile.

The only thing Tasky hasn't been able to instantly replicate was the likes of Deadpool who's blatantly unpredictable.
That, doesn't really mean anything. Garou's never even faced someone that he couldn't copy. Also, it's not about who he can replicate, it's about how skilled he is in general. Garou can do what Taskmaster does in less time, and he doesn't even need to be conscious.

You do though, you made the claim that Garou is more skilled than Thor ergo you'd need to prove it. That's literally how the burden of proof works, it's not up to me to prove a negative, it's up to you to prove the positive. You can't make a claim then say "I'm not the one who needs to prove it."
It's self-evident from the profiles that Garou is the more skilled fighter.

Let's break skill down into categories:

Prediction: Thor doesn't even possess this ability so Garou takes it by default.
Instinctive Reactions: Thor doesn't even possess this ability so Garou takes it by default.
Adaptability: Garou has been able to come back from extremely dire, near-death situations plenty of times. He's fought in groups where he was losing and overcame them quickly via his own intellect. He's constantly been the guy who gets pushed back only to develop some new technique, copy some new thing, or simply just counter his opponent in some other way. Seems pretty evident to me just going by the pages.
Techniques: Garou has over a dozen techniques that he's merged into a single one. I don't see anything on Thor's page that comes close to this.
Experience: Thor has been fighting for thousands upon thousands of years.
Technique Mimicry: I mean, c'mon. Do I really even need to BS some summary on this one?

So yeah, going by the profiles this is pretty blatant not gonna lie.

Uh you don't need Analytical Prediction, I.R or any type of manga powers to be skilled. Like what is this argument even?
Skill is broken down into categories. Analytical Prediction and IR are skill-based abilities that tremendously aid when debating upon who is the more skilled character. Wdym?

You mean the thing that Thor has resistance towards?
I didn't see it since it wasn't bolded for some reason. Someone should bold that.

Prediction: Thor doesn't even possess this ability so Garou takes it by default.
Instinctive Reactions: Thor doesn't even possess this ability so Garou takes it by default.
Adaptability: Garou has been able to come back from extremely dire, near-death situations plenty of times. He's fought in groups where he was losing and overcame them quickly via his own intellect. He's constantly been the guy who gets pushed back only to develop some new technique, copy some new thing, or simply just counter his opponent in some other way. Seems pretty evident to me just going by the pages.
Techniques: Garou has over a dozen techniques that he's merged into a single one. I don't see anything on Thor's page that comes close to this.
Technique Mimicry: I mean, c'mon. Do I really even need to BS some summary on this one?
I think Garou being this skilled just gives more incentive for Thor to use his hax

It's not an NLF. For one, your claim is a myth.
Not a myth till proven otherwise.
I just provided you why that isn't true.
You really havent. Like i said, make a CRT then we'll talk, i'm not gonna take this as a legitimate argument otherwise.
Neither Garou nor Saitama have a cap on their potential.
Oh so they can grow indefinitely? Despite that not being on the profile? Yeah right.
Garou was even prepared to copy Saitama limitlessly, forever, until he won.
"Eventually one of these punches will kill me!" Garout outright states there a limit to what he can copy, so again make the CRT get it passed or drop this argument.
He only ended up losing because Saitama's growth was too fast, not because of some cap on his powers.
Read above. Make the crt, have it accepted or this is irrelevant.
It's not the potency of the portals, it's how they use them.
Strange can literally effect infinity with his portals.
Garou uses his portals to punch people.
Plennty of characters can do this, including Thor.
He can spawn portals next to Thor and just punch him from blindspots.
With Thor's enhanced senses this isnt happening.
The applications of his portal destruction you've shown do not seem like they would work against that.
Thor's vortex can effect the fabric of univeres on a universal range.
Thor does not have any listed "attack speed" on his profile.
Doesn't matter as this is a SBA thing.
That, doesn't really mean anything. Garou's never even faced someone that he couldn't copy
Which is irrelevant to the point i'm making.
Also, it's not about who he can replicate, it's about how skilled he is in general.
Cool, he can't copy Thor's abilities so that's irrelevant. His abilities stem from the hammer, which has smurf abilities.
Garou can do what Taskmaster does in less time, and he doesn't even need to be conscious.
In less time? You mean by fan calculations which are subject to change at any moment? Yeah no. Tasky has also copied shit subconsciously.
It's self-evident from the profiles that Garou is the more skilled fighter.
Again, for the 7th time how's about you let me actually post the character's he scales to instead of assuming shit about something you don't even read?
Let's break skill down into categories:

Prediction =/= a skill advantage.
Thor literally went from 3-C to 2-C via his adaption. Thor's adaption is infinitely better than Garou's unless there's a 2-C feat that Garou magically adapted to out of nowhere.
Which is just M.A. Thor has vastly more abilities.
Yup.
Thankfully Garou can't copy Thor's techniques so that's irrelevant.
So yeah, going by the profiles this is pretty blatant not gonna lie.
Not really, let me cook instead of just assuming things about Marvel Comics that you know nothing about.
Skill is broken down into categories.
On the skill list, yes. The skill list isn't anything official so let's move into the next point.
Analytical Prediction and IR are skill-based abilities that tremendously aid when debating upon who is the more skilled character. Wdym?
Read above. Simply having Analytical Prediction and I.R does not make you automatically more skilled. There are plenty of character's without either that would wash Garou in terms of skill, so your really abusing that here.
didn't see it since it wasn't bolded for some reason. Someone should bold that.
Like I said, Marvel Profiles need to be updated properly.

I'm conceding from the debate. It's not exactly the most motivating thing to provide arguments only to be met with an FRA train.

I don't agree that Thor is more skilled. The profiles don't give me that idea at all, and neither has Gin.

I don't agree that Thor uses hax in-character. I've seen multiple other matches where people disagree with that take. Including the Superman VS Thor match going on right now.

I don't agree that Garou has a limit on what he can copy. He never inferred that, ever, let alone said he had a limit. Neither did the series. No idea where that is coming from. One of the punches was about to kill him because Saitama outpaced his copying.

The two of them literally broke the "cap" that is supposed to exist on every entity. Limiters are what cap people. Neither of them have that. So there is no limitation. I don't even know why that requires a CRT, it's just how their abilities work in general.

And I wasn't talking about power adaptation, I was talking about skill. I know that Thor can go from 3-C to 2-C. That isn't adaptation, that's just reactive power level. I'm talking about adapting during a fight and showcasing skills.

Anyway I don't care to go on any longer, Thor can have this win, but I definitely don't agree with it.

Out of curiosity, what's the criteria for being a top skilled character on the wiki?
In general:
  • Knowledge of all martial arts (human ones, at least)
  • Uber wanked Analytical prediction that can let you keep up with being speedblitzed/dodge rain/see hundreds of future possibilities.
  • Info analysis that lets you see weakness on a cellular level.
  • Dura neg hax martial art that is loosely explained in a way that makes minimal sense.
  • Spammable techniques that let you increase your speed/power for at least 10x
  • Big ass skill scaling chain + fighting millenia years old martial artists
  • Be chinese
  • Be from a light novel

Have at least 4 from the above and you're set.

Lad said that because Saitama was growing faster than he can copy tho
And Saitama's LS caps at pre stellar.
I don't agree that Thor is more skilled. The profiles don't give me that idea at all, and neither has Gin.
Thankfully that wasn't my argument.
I don't agree that Thor uses hax in-character. I've seen multiple other matches where people disagree with that take. Including the Superman VS Thor match going on right now.
Highly dependentant on the key of Thor. This one is where he isn't bound by honor, as I repeated and shown multiple times.
I don't agree that Garou has a limit on what he can copy. He never inferred that, ever, let alone said he had a limit. Neither did the series. No idea where that is coming from. One of the punches was about to kill him because Garou outpaced his copying.
Again make the CRT or drop this argument. NLF is something we practice for any verse, Garou clearly has a limit. He isn't some boundless character with indefinite growth. The fact that we're given a literal graph is evident of that.
The two of them literally broke the "cap" that is supposed to exist on every entity. Limiters are what cap people. Neither of them have that. So there is no limitation. I don't even know why that requires a CRT, it's just how their abilities work in general.
Once again, make a CRT for your no limits Garou or keep that shit to yourself because nobody here is gonna accept that outside of OPM fans who think Saitama and Garou are boundless. You saying that he broke his "limiter." is like me saying Saitama is tier 0 since he broke the "limiter" and thus is "boundless." that logic is flimsy as **** as we all know it.

Phoenks you can't sit here and claim that Garou has no limits whenever 99% of the character's on the wiki have limits. Unless you think Garou's limits are non existent and can adapt to quite literally anything.

Qaws will literally tell you the same thing. Garou has limits, he isn't some abstract being that can grow without limitations, with all due respect this is some of the worst OPM wank I've seen in years.

The fact that they are on a graph with is actually proof of what I've talking about. Graphs don't have a cap, Gin. They extend upwards forever.

And, I'm not arguing they can grow to infinity. I'm saying there is no finite, arbitrary limit on how far high they can both go. That's what is clearly depicted by the manga.

It's not "wank," it's simply comprehending the material.

The fact that they are on a graph with is actually proof of what I've talking about. Graphs don't have a cap, Gin. They extend upwards forever.
Based upon the panel being limited in size.
And, I'm not arguing they can grow to infinity. I'm saying there is no finite, arbitrary limit on how far high they can both go. That's what is clearly depicted by the manga
If your saying he has no limits that would extend to infinity. The literal definition of limitless is an adjective without limits in extent, size ,quantity , and/ or comprehensive perception. I.E boundless.

It's not "wank," it's simply comprehending the material.
It is wank.

Based upon the panel being limited in size.
This is one of the most disingenuous arguments about the topic I've seen. You're really arguing that the panel is the cap of the graph. So what, you think that Saitama just hits the top of that panel and stops growing? Even despite his potential being stated to be limitless many, ma y times.

You are insulting your own reading comprehension by saying this.

If your saying he has no limits that would extend to infinity.
Limitless, as I'm using it, doesn't mean he can just go up to infinity. Maybe if he was given an infinite amount of time that could be an argument.

What I'm saying is that in terms of finite values, they don't have any hard cap or limit on their potential. The series completely goes against that multiple times. I don't know how many more statements we need for people like you to finally get that.

Wait I'm not sure if I understand your argument here Gin. Are you saying that where the panel showed was the limit to how much Garou and Saitama can grow?

Never getting accepted but sure thing.
do-do-do-doo-doo-guy.gif

Every time there's a Garou thread, I end up clicking on it even though I know I'll die inside a little.

My own twisted musings aside, I think the Gamma stuff and Thor's physiology is enough to say he wouldn't be affected by radiation, for one.

Secondly, I don't think that the point made about Thor going from 3-C to 2-C was to say that this would literally happen, but mainly to point to the fact that, Thor could bridge the one-shot gaps without much difficulty. And if they're both peaking at 3-C, the strength side of things will become a non-issue at some point.

Also, I don't know if this was changed or not, but wasn't there a rule about speed amping in speed equalized fights? I don't think it's in effect anymore, so I guess it doesn't even really matter.

Garou is more skilled in H2H, and even if he isn't, he can improve on those H2H abilities after seeing Thor fight and improving what he copied.

Bro has no answer to Life-Force Absorption or Vortex, though. Or him affecting the soul. OPM soul stuff is shaky at best and non-existent at worst.

Honestly I give it to Thor 7/10. This is like the Sentry thread I made a while back, except Garou actually has wincons.

Limitless, as I'm using it, doesn't mean he can just go up to infinity. Maybe if he was given an infinite amount of time that could be an argument.

What I'm saying is that in terms of finite values, they don't have any hard cap or limit on their potential. The series completely goes against that multiple times. I don't know how many more statements we need for people like you to finally get that.
You mean they can fight Non restricted Thor that can go High 1-B, copy and adapt and win because they can go up to infinity?

Thor is 80 years old character. Everything that Garou does, Thor has some counter somewhere

Thor FRA anyway
Ive been saying that thor exp is miles better than Garou xp. And with what LordGin’s been saying I lean towards thor, there is 100% wincons for garou, however, thor seems more likely to come out on top. A content mod being a bit toxic about it s a really bold and bad look lol

Isn't Thor like Garou tier...casually?
Can't he just put more muscle in a swing and take his head off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back