• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo VS Garou • (0-0-0)

How long does SBA say you have to keep your target incapacitated again? If it's less than it takes for Garou to passively kill Mewtwo then he's probably finished.
24 hours. Garou's radiation aura can incapacitate and kill within seconds to minutes at most.

Incap needs to last 24 hours to be considered a win, so if he dies before this time is up and Garou is still alive then Garou wins.
But with SBA distance is 4km, Mewtwo will have a decent amount of time to tell Garou to commit Sudoku or leave before he gets too ill or incapacitated.

Incap needs to last 24 hours to be considered a win, so if he dies before this time is up and Garou is still alive then Garou wins.
But with SBA distance is 4km, Mewtwo will have a decent amount of time to tell Garou to commit Sudoku or leave before he gets too ill or incapacitated.
Is that even in character

(gonna note again that this is a completely hypothetical situation that relies on giving Mewtwo multiple benefits of the doubt)

It feels kinda stompy in favor of Cosmic Garou ngl
Yea, no this is a complete stomp for Mewtwo. He regularly spams and utilizes force fields and barriers in character even being his first moves in many instances. If Garou tried punching the attack would be blocked. Though the AOE would be deadly it wouldn't kill Mew two instantly. Mewtwo has far superior Mobility then Garou with Low Multiversal Ranged Teleportation (Can teleport himself and others). Plus he would be immune to the AOE by using Safeguard: Mewtwo creates a protective barrier around itself and its allies that protects against status conditions. Heck if Garou becomes a nuisance he would BFR him to another Universe he can even BFR his soul Soul Manipulation (Can send souls to other dimensions). Precog just further helps Mewtwo while Garou's Analytical prediction and Instinctive Reaction are absolutely absurd it can't compare to litterly seeing the rest of someone's life.

If Garou were to copy Mewtwos stats and surpass them mewtwos
  • Psych Up: Mewtwo copies the opponent's stat changes.

Would be able to pervent Garou from One Shotting off the bat. If you still Arnt sold Power Nullificationis litterly one of the 5 Main counters to Garous instant replication which Mewtwo has.

Also
  • Miracle Eye: This move allows Mewtwo to hit those immune to Psychic-type moves with Psychic-type moves and it also allows it to ignore evasion. Pokkèn Tournament introduces a "reset" effect to the move in which the last attack used by Mewtwo gets replayed, even if it already hit or dispersed.
    So considering Mewtwo Psychic attacks would work here Mewtwo could immobilize Garou instantly or just One shot completely.

Recover
    covers any damage Mewtwo may take during teh fight (He wont take any tbh but its there just incase)

But lets say Garou was able to land a hit on Mewtwo and Mewtwo dies. Mewtwo has Passive Self-Resurrection so even killing him won't let Garou win the fight.

Some extra one shot stuff Mewtwo has he can use Mid-Battle Power Absorption, Drain, Swap, and Transfer, Time Travel, Petrification.

Lets not forget this is Mewtwo X and all of these stats are highly amplified.

If Garou tried punching the attack would be blocked.
Portals completely bypass the barriers.
Though the AOE would be deadly it wouldn't kill Mew two instantly.
It would. Give a reason why AoE radiation that is sub-atomic deconstruction wouldn't instant kill Mewtwo who lacks resistance.

Mewtwo has far superior Mobility then Garou with Low Multiversal Ranged Teleportation (Can teleport himself and others).
Garou has interdimensional portal travel which is pretty much a counter. Why is that Low Multiversal btw?

Plus he would be immune to the AOE by using Safeguard: Mewtwo creates a protective barrier around itself and its allies that protects against status conditions.
Portals. Also, provide proof that the barriers can block out EM waves.

Psych Up: Mewtwo copies the opponent's stat changes.

Would be able to pervent Garou from One Shotting off the bat. If you still Arnt sold Power Nullificationis litterly one of the 5 Main counters to Garous instant replication which Mewtwo has.
Garou just copies it and Mewtwo gets himself killed by using Garou's attacks.

Miracle Eye: This move allows Mewtwo to hit those immune to Psychic-type moves with Psychic-type moves and it also allows it to ignore evasion. Pokkèn Tournament introduces a "reset" effect to the move in which the last attack used by Mewtwo gets replayed, even if it already hit or dispersed.
So considering Mewtwo Psychic attacks would work here Mewtwo could immobilize Garou instantly or just One shot completely.
Why would he be one-shot?

Recover covers any damage Mewtwo may take during teh fight (He wont take any tbh but its there just incase)
It's not potent enough to prevent the damage Garou does. Even his passive radiation negs High-Mid. His other stuff would require High regeneration.

But lets say Garou was able to land a hit on Mewtwo and Mewtwo dies. Mewtwo has Passive Self-Resurrection so even killing him won't let Garou win the fight.
He'd get killed again and incapacitated.

Portals completely bypass the barriers.

It would. Give a reason why AoE radiation that is sub-atomic deconstruction wouldn't instant kill Mewtwo who lacks resistance.

Garou has interdimensional portal travel which is pretty much a counter. Why is that Low Multiversal btw?

Portals. Also, provide proof that the barriers can block out EM waves.

Garou just copies it and Mewtwo gets himself killed by using Garou's attacks.

Why would he be one-shot?

It's not potent enough to prevent the damage Garou does. Even his passive radiation negs High-Mid. His other stuff would require High regeneration.

He'd get killed again and incapacitated.
Garou’s initial maneuver would simply be Nuclear Fission, and the Precognition essentially encompasses any stratagems Garou might possess. He would completely evade the assault with Teleportation if he was cognizant that he couldn’t withstand it.

Even when considering the Area of Effect radiation, it’s quite certain that Precognition encompasses this and prevents him from being ensnared in it.

Given its low multiversal range, I don’t believe Garou can return from an entirely distinct universe unless he employs Time Travel. Regardless, Mewtwo can also Teleport his soul, effectively annihilating his physical form, and from there, Mewtwo delivers a one-shot to Garou’s soul. BFR to Another Dimension is, amusingly enough, a standard move that Mewtwo employs, so Garou will have his soul obliterated in a brief duration through the fight.

Garou replicating Psych Up would be futile as he essentially already possesses that ability; it wouldn’t serve him anything. Garou needs to perceive before replication, so once he observes Mewtwo utilizing Power Nullification, he wouldn’t be able to replicate it because his powers are nullified.

Mewtwo’s Psychic attacks are absurdly potent. Even if the one-shot didn’t transpire, Garou would be immobilized and ceaselessly torn apart.

Sure, recover might not be sufficient, but it’s there just in case Mewtwo requires it.

This is if Garou can even make contact with Mewtwo. Given its passive resurrection, Garou will eventually deplete his stamina, and the slightest delay could provide Mewtwo the opportunity to literally immobilize Garou and/or instantaneously enact Time Stop.

Ngl Mewtwo's best bet here is him precoging Garou's life and realizing he'd be screwed in direct combat so he opens up with stuff that would incap Garou that he wouldn't normally start with like Petrification, mind wiping, sleep manip, sealing, or sending his soul to a different dimension. But if he doesn't start with precoging Garou he's more than likely cooked.

Garou’s initial maneuver would simply be Nuclear Fission, and the Precognition essentially encompasses any stratagems Garou might possess. He would completely evade the assault with Teleportation if he was cognizant that he couldn’t withstand it.

Even when considering the Area of Effect radiation, it’s quite certain that Precognition encompasses this and prevents him from being ensnared in it.
Can you provide evidence of Mewtwo being competent with his precognition? Otherwise these claims are pretty baseless especially when his standard tactics make no mention of him being very good with it.

Given its low multiversal range, I don’t believe Garou can return from an entirely distinct universe unless he employs Time Travel. Regardless, Mewtwo can also Teleport his soul, effectively annihilating his physical form, and from there, Mewtwo delivers a one-shot to Garou’s soul. BFR to Another Dimension is, amusingly enough, a standard move that Mewtwo employs, so Garou will have his soul obliterated in a brief duration through the fight.
All of this just sounds like you making up the best possible scenario for Mewtwo.

Let me just say this again, any one of Garou's attacks is instant death.

Garou replicating Psych Up would be futile as he essentially already possesses that ability; it wouldn’t serve him anything. Garou needs to perceive before replication, so once he observes Mewtwo utilizing Power Nullification, he wouldn’t be able to replicate it because his powers are nullified.
If Mewtwo uses Garou's abilities he ends up killing himself due to lacking resistances to his stuff.

Mewtwo’s Psychic attacks are absurdly potent. Even if the one-shot didn’t transpire, Garou would be immobilized and ceaselessly torn apart.
Garou has far higher lifting strength so he would not be immobolized.

Sure, recover might not be sufficient, but it’s there just in case Mewtwo requires it.
It would be useless.

This is if Garou can even make contact with Mewtwo. Given its passive resurrection, Garou will eventually deplete his stamina, and the slightest delay could provide Mewtwo the opportunity to literally immobilize Garou and/or instantaneously enact Time Stop.
Garou has portals that would allow him to immediately contact Mewtwo and its a starting move.

Time stop is not mentioned as a standard tactic so you'll need to provide evidence that it is.

Can you provide evidence of Mewtwo being competent with his precognition? Otherwise these claims are pretty baseless especially when his standard tactics make no mention of him being very good with it.

All of this just sounds like you making up the best possible scenario for Mewtwo.

Let me just say this again, any one of Garou's attacks is instant death.

If Mewtwo uses Garou's abilities he ends up killing himself due to lacking resistances to his stuff.

Garou has far higher lifting strength so he would not be immobolized.

It would be useless.

Garou has portals that would allow him to immediately contact Mewtwo and its a starting move.

Time stop is not mentioned as a standard tactic so you'll need to provide evidence that it is.
His Precognition scales to Alakazams and is automatically activated just be glancing at his opponent. But it is also stated he has all of alakazams abilities on a far greater level so that adds in with Information Analysis, Psychometry. As for his competence though I dont have any evidence that wouldnt make these abilities baseless and that we should disregard everything here. In this case we just scale the usage of these abilities to his Combat skill unless the Profile says otherwise. (Mewtwo is an Extraordinary Genius and a Genius in combat)

Im not Mewtwo litterly regularly Teleports and BFRS.

Pretty sure Mewtwos TK negates that stuff but regardless hes still getting critically damaged by many Psychic attacks
If the initial move is Nuclear Fission, and if portals are subsequently employed, then Precognition, Information Analysis, Psychometry. would come into play, enabling Mewtwo to teleport. Moreover, following Garou’s use of Nuclear Fission and Hyperspace, Mewtwo could potentially employ power nullification.

Disable: Mewtwo has the capability to completely nullify the opponent’s most recent move, thereby preventing Garou from incessantly spamming them.

His Precognition scales to Alakazams and is automatically activated just be glancing at his opponent. But it is also stated he has all of alakazams abilities on a far greater level so that adds in with Information Analysis, Psychometry. As for his competence though I dont have any evidence that wouldnt make these abilities baseless and that we should disregard everything here. In this case we just scale the usage of these abilities to his Combat skill unless the Profile says otherwise. (Mewtwo is an Extraordinary Genius and a Genius in combat)

Im not Mewtwo litterly regularly Teleports and BFRS.

Pretty sure Mewtwos TK negates that stuff but regardless hes still getting critically damaged by many Psychic attacks
If the initial move is Nuclear Fission, and if portals are subsequently employed, then Precognition, Information Analysis, Psychometry. would come into play, enabling Mewtwo to teleport. Moreover, following Garou’s use of Nuclear Fission and Hyperspace, Mewtwo could potentially employ power nullification.

Disable: Mewtwo has the capability to completely nullify the opponent’s most recent move, thereby preventing Garou from incessantly spamming them.
I've yet to see any scans of him making competent usage of his precog and related abilities.

Mewtwo can't TK Garou because he has Pre-Stellar LS which is many many times higher than what Mewtwo can affect.

Garou meanwhile can copy Mewtwo's psychic moves and make them better.

I've yet to see any scans of him making competent usage of his precog and related abilities.

Mewtwo can't TK Garou because he has Pre-Stellar LS which is many many times higher than what Mewtwo can affect.

Garou meanwhile can copy Mewtwo's psychic moves and make them better.
Im saying that we scale the usage of these abilities to Mewtwos actual combat skill unless the profile says otherwise.

Fair enough, either way mewtwo still has many attacks that will one shot via Petrification, Time Travel, etc

Garous Hyperspace and Nuclear Fission would get negated. Sure Garou could use Shakkei to replicate Disable but Shakkei would also get disabled.

Im saying that we scale the usage of these abilities to Mewtwos actual combat skill unless the profile says otherwise.
Profile says he doesn't even use precognition as a standard tactic lol. His leading move on the profile is CQC or Psychic Energy.

Fair enough, either way mewtwo still has many attacks that will one shot via Petrification, Time Travel, etc
But none of them seem to be in-character.

I don't know how many times I have to mention Garou only has like a few starting moves, and all of them one-shot.

Garous Hyperspace and Nuclear Fission would get negated
By what???

Profile says he doesn't even use precognition as a standard tactic lol. His leading move on the profile is CQC or Psychic Energy.

I don't know how many times I have to mention Garou only has like a few starting moves, and all of them one-shot.

By what???
The Standard tactics delineate the initial offensive maneuvers typically employed by Mewtwo, not the passive capabilities he may possess. Precognition and other abilities are automatically activated merely by observing the adversary, although they are not necessarily classified as attacks per se.

I can substantiate the claim that Mewtwo utilizes Petrification in the midst of a battle, in character. I understand your arguments regarding one-shot tactics as well, but Mewtwo possesses a significantly superior mobility advantage with teleportation and can anticipate these attacks via precognition. I regret the repetition, but it is crucial to note that these abilities are basically activated passively.

Disable: Mewtwo has the capability to completely nullify the opponent’s most recent move,

Ngl Mewtwo's best bet here is him using psychometry to go thought Garou's life and realizing he'd be screwed in direct combat so he opens up with stuff that would incap Garou that he wouldn't normally start with like Petrification, mind wiping, sleep manip, sealing, or sending his soul to a different dimension.

I can substantiate the claim that Mewtwo utilizes Petrification in the midst of a battle, in character. I understand your arguments regarding one-shot tactics as well, but Mewtwo possesses a significantly superior mobility advantage with teleportation and can anticipate these attacks via precognition. I regret the repetition, but it is crucial to note that these abilities are basically activated passively.
"in the midst of battle"

That won't get to happen if he's been one-shot.

His teleportation is only Low Multiversal if she goes to some other universe.

Precognition is not as effective as you think. If Mewtwo sees himself get killed in the future, that doesn't automatically mean he knows how to avoid death. Meanwhile, Garou's analytical prediction is actually more versatile in this case.

Fight Starts -> Garou uses portal nuclear fission attacks -> Mewtwo dies immediately

The only way to prevent this is if Mewtwo uses his best possible option right off the bat and I don't think you've proved that as being the more likely option.

Why are people talking about Mewtwo being in direct combat? Given SBA @ 4km, I don't see how bro isn't getting mindhaxxed by someone who could remotely control peeps from islands away.

Voting Mewtwo

Why are people talking about Mewtwo being in direct combat? Given SBA @ 4km, I don't see how bro isn't getting mindhaxxed by someone who could remotely control peeps from islands away.
It's because it's his standard tactic to fight in combat / use psychic energy blast attacks. He doesn't use mind control as a starting move, as mentioned in his profile.

It's because it's his standard tactic to fight in combat / use psychic energy blast attacks. He doesn't use mind control as a starting move, as mentioned in his profile.
That's standard battle tactics in CqC range. SBA is much further. I'd also disagree that Mewtwo's first moves are CqC oriented cause that's just blatantly not his moveset outside of Y form.

Are you starting this much under those conditions?

That's standard battle tactics in CqC range. SBA is much further. I'd also disagree that Mewtwo's first moves are CqC oriented cause that's just blatantly not his moveset outside of Y form.

Are you starting this much under those conditions?
I mean even outside of CQC range he would still have ranged projectile attacks that seem to be what his starting move would be.

Can you prove he'd use his best-option hax off the bat?

I am using SBA yes and Shadow Mega Mewtwo.

Garou's starting move at 4km is going to be some variation of his portal composited martial art which includes Vibrational Destruction and Nuclear Fission stuff.

With that he can just punch Mewtwo instantaneously from a distance and even avoid Mewtwo being able to look at him for more than a split second because he'd be teleporting out of sight.

I mean even outside of CQC range he would still have ranged projectile attacks that seem to be what his starting move would be.
sure but 4k? He doesn't have any projectiles that reach that limit nor does it make sense for him to have an OHKO option at that range and not use it.
Can you prove he'd use his best-option hax off the bat?
I can't cause I'm not uber invested in Pokemon. But, from watching the first movie and how tactical Mewtwo was and knowing his hax, it doesn't really make sense for Metwo to try and Kamehameha him from 4k out or risk teleporting into CqC as a psychic pokemon, so I think Occam's razor supports me pretty well here.
I am using SBA yes and Shadow Mega Mewtwo.
Ohhhhh okay. Shadow Mewtwo does change things a bit. If this was more CqC outside of SBA I'd agree Mewtwo may try some more direct means but at this distance? I don't see why he subverts an easy mindfuck.
Garou's starting move at 4km is going to be some variation of his portal composited martial art which includes Vibrational Destruction and Nuclear Fission stuff.
Can you show me more of this and how it would outspeed Metwo's thought based attacks? I'm honestly not super familiar with Garou outside of his OG human martial art stuff.
With that he can just punch Mewtwo instantaneously from a distance and even avoid Mewtwo being able to look at him for more than a split second because he'd be teleporting out of sight.
I'd have to see some linked feats to compare to Mewtwo's thought based stuff.

I may change my vote dependant on the evidence shown.

sure but 4k? He doesn't have any projectiles that reach that limit nor does it make sense for him to have an OHKO option at that range and not use it.
Mewtwo's range mentions his projectiles are planetary and maybe even interstellar.

I can't cause I'm not uber invested in Pokemon. But, from watching the first movie and how tactical Mewtwo was and knowing his hax, it doesn't really make sense for Metwo to try and Kamehameha him from 4k out or risk teleporting into CqC as a psychic pokemon, so I think Occam's razor supports me pretty well here.
I mean it doesn't since the standard tactics say he doesn't use his other techniques very often.

In both cases, most other techniques see no significant use mid-battle.

Shadow Mewtwo does change things a bit. If this was more CqC outside of SBA I'd agree Mewtwo may try some more direct means but at this distance? I don't see why he subverts an easy mindfuck.
Well because I still haven't seen evidence of him starting with a mindfuck rather than using psychic energy beam projectiles.

Can you show me more of this and how it would outspeed Metwo's thought based attacks? I'm honestly not super familiar with Garou outside of his OG human martial art stuff.
It wouldn't outspeed thought-based stuff but you're assuming Mewtwo instantly thinks to mind hax him, and again it just doesn't seem likely with how the profile portrays him unless I'm giving further context with scans and stuff.

It would outspeed pretty much any non-thought based thing though. He can just teleport his fist directly onto Mewtwo's body and use either his vibration hax which immediately deconstructs his organs and bones, or nuclear fission which is 100 million degrees that Mewtwo doesn't resist and enough grays of radiation to kill instantly.

Overall I'd just like scans to see Mewtwo starting with instant kill hax, and then furthermore, proof that they are even instant enough to let him avoid being one-tapped by Garou.

At SBA range, Garou destroys Mewtwo. His radiation would kill Mewtwo before he even gets the chance to use his mindhax.

I've found this footage of a Shadow Mega Mewtwo X boss fight. It seems his starting attacks are psychic projectiles, as I expected.

Mewtwo's range mentions his projectiles are planetary and maybe even interstellar.

I mean it doesn't since the standard tactics say he doesn't use his other techniques very often.

Well because I still haven't seen evidence of him starting with a mindfuck rather than using psychic energy beam projectiles.

It wouldn't outspeed thought-based stuff but you're assuming Mewtwo instantly thinks to mind hax him, and again it just doesn't seem likely with how the profile portrays him unless I'm giving further context with scans and stuff.

It would outspeed pretty much any non-thought based thing though. He can just teleport his fist directly onto Mewtwo's body and use either his vibration hax which immediately deconstructs his organs and bones, or nuclear fission which is 100 million degrees that Mewtwo doesn't resist and enough grays of radiation to kill instantly.

Overall I'd just like scans to see Mewtwo starting with instant kill hax, and then furthermore, proof that they are even instant enough to let him avoid being one-tapped by Garou.
I will post what I know about Mewtwo from here but will also have to see if Shadow Mewtwo has a different IC than regular mewtwo. Can't now so will prob do so tomorrow.

Back