• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
I'm desperate for a match in 3-C, okay?

Thor Odinson, the Asgardian God of Thunder

VS

Garou, the Avatar of God

KxvXHSd.png
flsADVe.png

Speed Equalized • Base Thor • Parallel Garou • Nothing Above 3-C Allowed

Garou:
3: @Mickey1940, @TaiwaneseScaler, @Kachon123,
Thor: 12: @LordGinSama, @Doggo, @Sir_Marvulous, @Excel616, @Da3ggman, @Maverick_Zero_X, @LIFE_OF_KING, @ZoroNotZolo, @Marvel_Champion_07, @Robo432343, @Harith0cell, @Greatsage13th

Last edited:
Thor scales to this while Garou scales to I think half of this, making Thor about 4 times stronger

issue is, Garou can close that gap in seconds assuming Thor doesn't 1 shot him off the bat, not to mention Garou can copy anything Thor does, and continuously grow stronger

Garou gets my vote

Thor scales to this while Garou scales to I think half of this, making Thor about 4 times stronger

issue is, Garou can close that gap in seconds assuming Thor doesn't 1 shot him off the bat, not to mention Garou can copy anything Thor does, and continuously grow stronger

Garou gets my vote
Garou scales above the full value. So only 2x stronger at the start.

It's probably not that clear cut. I'm guessing Thor probably has some extremely potent electricity stuff. And potentially could absorb a lot of attacks with Mjolnir's energy absorption, which could allow him to counter Garou's growth to a point. Thor also resist all of Garou's hax aside from power mimicry.

Though I will say I'm not the most knowledgeable on comic Thor.

It's probably not that clear cut. I'm guessing Thor probably has some extremely potent electricity stuff. And potentially could absorb a lot of attacks with Mjolnir's energy absorption, which could allow him to counter Garou's growth to a point. Thor also resist all of Garou's hax aside from power mimicry.

Though I will say I'm not the most knowledgeable on comic Thor.
You should ping marvel for this, the guy is Thor irl

Also how good is his radiation resistance exactly?

I haven't read Marvel Comics in a while, so I might not be able to give the best input for Marvel Comics Thor. I will say that what Phoenks makes sense and Mjolnir also has a bunch of other P&A that isn't listed on Thor's profile but Thor himself has used, like Power Null, Transmutation, Life-force Absorption and other stuff
He was pretty unaffected by gamma lava. Not the best expert on Marvel's gamma stuff, though

Last edited:
I haven't read Marvel Comics in a while, so I might not be able to give the best input for Marvel Comics Thor. I will say that what Phoenks makes sense and Mjolnir also has a bunch of other P&A that isn't listed on Thor's profile but Thor himself has used, like Power Null, Transmutation, Life-force Absorption and other stuff

He was pretty unaffected by gamma lava. Not the best expert on gamma stuff, though
What's gamma lava? I'm asking because Garou in-character starting moves are nuclear fists and a gamma ray burst, both of which produce a level of radiation way above just basic space radiation.

Does Thor have any kind of consistent starting move?

I'm noticing his powers are all inherently magical which means Garou can't really copy them, but Garou wouldn't really be affected by most stuff anyway.

The scan makes me think that while he wasn't instant killed by the gamma lava, it is meant to be something that does work against him. Since the Sentry is using it for whatever the context is there.

It's pretty hard to compare that to something like nuclear punches or an actual gamma ray burst which have actual radiation ratings.

Until you get a concrete value I think we gotta assume that Garou's level of radiation would overwhelm his resistance.

If he goes for physicals, Garou is gonna beat the hell outta him unless Thor has some wild skill scaling I'm not familiar with.

Does his electricity bypass resistance? I'm guessing it does.

The scan makes me think that while he wasn't instant killed by the gamma lava, it is meant to be something that does work against him. Since the Sentry is using it for whatever the context is there.
Well, the next page just has Sentry punch Thor. And the next issue has Thor returned pissed off. So the gamma lava didn't really play much of a role
It's pretty hard to compare that to something like nuclear punches or an actual gamma ray burst which have actual radiation ratings.

Until you get a concrete value I think we gotta assume that Garou's level of radiation would overwhelm his resistance.
There's stuff about gamma radiation coming from a High 1-A source. I remember @Confluctor mentioning it in the Sentry vs Garou thread when talking about radiation resiatnce

I dunno. It's better to get Marvel experts knowledgeable about gamma stuff
If he goes for physicals, Garou is gonna beat the hell outta him unless Thor has some wild skill scaling I'm not familiar with.
I remember something about Thor fighting and defeating Man-Beast, whose combat form has advanced over the span of a million years. I'll try to find the comic

Well, the next page just has Sentry punch Thor. And the next issue has Thor returned pissed off. So the gamma lava didn't really play much of a role

There's stuff about gamma radiation coming from a High 1-A source. I remember @Confluctor mentioning it in the Sentry vs Garou thread when talking about radiation resiatnce

I dunno. It's better to get Marvel experts knowledgeable about gamma stuff

I remember something about Thor fighting and defeating Man-Beast, whose combat form has advanced over the span of a million years. I'll try to find the comic
Combat experience =/= combat skill.

Not enough to compete with Garou unless he has feats.

Given the whole thing about whoever owns this hammer gets the power of Thor, he should have the same stamina as Beta Ray Bill who has no problem being at the center of a star in an attempt to commit suicide and survive inside of a black hole

idk in what level of resistance this translates to be honest, his Odinforce self have better Radiation resistance tho, when Thor fights against large scale energy attacks he use energy absorption

Being able to survive inside of a star would allow him tank the nuclear fission stuff, but not the Gamma Ray Burst, which is exponentially more potent radiation.

Energy absorption is pretty useful, but Garou does have a lot of non-energy attacks and martial arts.

Last edited:
I go with Thor.. He has better AP and LS, better abilities. Thor abilities are magical so Garou can't copy. I would say Garou has the skill advantage but Odinson battle experience can make up for it. As for resistance to radiation, we can make an argument that his resistance is almost on par with Hulk. Though, last time Thor was exposed to gamma he turned into a Hulk recently rather than get poisoned.

He has better AP and LS
Both instantaneously get copied and he can grow exponentially from there.

I would say Garou has the skill advantage but Odinson battle experience can make up for it.
Not here. Garou has things like instinctive reaction and analytical prediction which make any degree of experience pretty useless.

I go with Thor.. He has better AP and LS, better abilities. Thor abilities are magical so Garou can't copy. I would say Garou has the skill advantage but Odinson battle experience can make up for it. As for resistance to radiation, we can make an argument that his resistance is almost on par with Hulk. Though, last time Thor was exposed to gamma he turned into a Hulk recently rather than get poisoned.
I'm voting for Thor because I think it makes sense.

I'm voting for Thor because I think it makes sense.
Like what? AP advantages are irrelevant against Garou who can instantly copy AP and Thor is the one with lower LS.

"Battle experience" means nothing without actual skill feats and the crazy IR and Analytical Prediction Garou has makes him almost untouchable not to mention he spams portals in character

Thor's radiation resistance would make him resist his aura and Nuclear Fission punches but not his GRB

This fights don't work, thanks to the rules of VSB Garou and Saítama won't be fighting anyone with a gap of up to 10 times which means they basically cannot be one shot, and because they can always grow stronger while the other is stuck to the same level the entire fight it will unconditionally become strong enough to one shot at some point, the only way is put them against someone who uses dura neg to one shot but that would likely be considered a stomp anyways
The only chance is Thor using one of his weird hacks that he used once in comics over 40 years ago or dont even have a scan like his Astral possession, age manipulation, time stop, soul manipulation, or that reality manipulation in a way he never done, except thats out o character and he would never used them in time before GArou becomes much stronger than him.

^

The person above me is not a healthy individual.

Anyways, don’t think Garou’s radiation will be enough so do Thor in are my initial opinions right now.

Holy shit they put Thor's God Blast on steroids.

Anyway, Base Thor is pretty booty but despite might not using his abilities that are haxxed in God knows how long I'd argue that's a case of CIS, which as per SBA is removed.

So I'll play Devil's Advocate here, what's stopping Thor from simply stopping time? Or having Mljonir attacking his soul? Or sealing Garou? Thor wouldn't hesitate to bust these out with his vast battle experience. He could also absorb Garou's life force, and return his attack with 100x times the force.

Thor could also literally just snipe Garou with vastly superior range. Voting for the God of Thunder.

Holy shit they put Thor's God Blast on steroids.

Anyway, Base Thor is pretty booty but despite might not using his abilities that are haxxed in God knows how long I'd argue that's a case of CIS, which as per SBA is removed.

So I'll play Devil's Advocate here, what's stopping Thor from simply stopping time? Or having Mljonir attacking his soul? Or sealing Garou? Thor wouldn't hesitate to bust these out with his vast battle experience. He could also absorb Garou's life force, and return his attack with 100x times the force.

Thor could also literally just snipe Garou with vastly superior range. Voting for the God of Thunder.
Apparently none of that is in-character to use as a starting move.

Apparently none of that is in-character to use as a starting move.
Not as a starting move, no. But he wouldn't hesitate to use it over the course of this fight, and it seems like this would turn into a battle of strength and durability since Thor is resistant to anything Garou can do so ultimately it'd come to blows. And with Garou's RE allowing him to get vastly stronger would only make Thor use these sooner.

Also it's completely in character for Thor to abuse his range and he can attack Garou from where Garou can't sense or attack him from.

Not as a starting move, no. But he wouldn't hesitate to use it over the course of this fight, and it seems like this would turn into a battle of strength and durability since Thor is resistant to anything Garou can do so ultimately it'd come to blows. And with Garou's RE allowing him to get vastly stronger would only make Thor use these sooner.

Also it's completely in character for Thor to abuse his range and he can attack Garou from where Garou can't sense or attack him from.
Thor isn't resistant to Gamma Ray Burst radiation from the looks of it. There's nothing to assume he is.

Can I see some examples of Thor travelling a universal distance away from someone just to attack them from afar? Also, can he teleport that far? Because what stops Garou from following?

Even even if he did I don't see what really stops Garou from dodging most ranged stuff? In speed equalized they wouldn't even be able to travel that far.

Garou's exponentially growing speed, insane IR, and AP would allow him avoid getting hit.
There's nothing to dodge. Garou can't dodge having his life force being absorbed.
Unironically if Thor does this, Garou would just dodge and then copy the power of that attack, resulting in Garou normally having 100x more AP than Thor without even accounting for his passive power growth.
Thor ain't copying Magic, especially magic with a source like Thor's.
Thor isn't resistant to Gamma Ray Burst radiation from the looks of it. There's nothing to assume he is.
Let me cook with this one, just takes some digging since ya know comics.
Can I see some examples of Thor travelling a universal distance away from someone just to attack them from afar? Also, can he teleport that far? Because what stops Garou from following?
he literally throws Mjolnir from Asgard to Midgard all the time. Shit he did that to kill a fodder once.
Even even if he did I don't see what really stops Garou from dodging most ranged stuff?
The fact that Garou can't sense Thor from the range from which Thor can attack.

There's nothing to dodge. Garou can't dodge having his life force being absorbed.
The panel in the image you linked shows it to be a projectile.
Thor ain't copying Magic, especially magic with a source like Thor's.
Garou*

And I never said Garou is mimicking the attack my having it himself. I said he's adopting the power of the attack onto himself. 2 different techniques that Garou has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back