• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo VS Garou • (0-0-0)

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Hell yeah. We're doing this.

Mewtwo, the Legendary Psychic Genius Pokemon

VS

Garou, the Absolutely Evil Avatar of God
OCVHTTM.png
ydz5pm3.png

3-C Versions (Shadow Mega Mewtwo X) • Speed Equalized • SBA

Garou:
Mewtwo:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Really? Because it seems that he's able to gain resistances to psychic stuff, but it doesn't seem like there's any examples of copying it.

Really? Because it seems that he's able to gain resistances to psychic stuff, but it doesn't seem like there's any examples of copying it.
Esper energy and telekinetic signals are a type of energy in the OPM world so it should fall in the category of stuff Garou can copy

Please note that Pokemon rarely ever start with hax.

Mewtwo specifically has a pretty comprehensive standard tactics section.

His starting moves are most often going to be psychic energy blasts/psychic attacks, martial arts, and other physical strikes.

Garou has gained knowledge on all energy in the One-Punch Man universe, and can mimic all of it.

This inherently includes the psychic energy that espers such as Tatsumaki use.

I would comment something here about Mewtwo but the whole composite Pokémon screws all of this
What could Mewtwo do against his radiation aura and his nuke punch?

95% of the Pokemon profiles are composited. This Mewtwo has manga, anime, games, and side games abilities
this is what happens when one of the most important crts in the site crashes and burns

95% of the Pokemon profiles are composited. This Mewtwo has manga, anime, games, and side games abilities
this is what happens when one of the most important crts in the site crashes and burns
Tbh I think we just don't have enough interest in the verse to go through with completely revising it.

I made this match to see if Garou could beat one of the top dogs of 3-C.

Honestly, the more I think about it... Garou might actually be close to stomping here.

It's another case of radiation GG. Mewtwo lacks any resistance (cosmic radiation resistance from space dipping is no longer a thing, and even if it was, Garou's radiation is over a thousand times stronger than background radiation of space).

Then there's the GRB which is just straight up Sub-Atomic radioactive matter destruction.

Garou is vastly more skilled, can copy his psychic stuff, etc...

I think Mewtwo only really has a chance if he instantly busts out some crazy hax but judging by the standard tactics that isn't gonna happen.

Mewtwo is supposed to the perfect combat Pokémon, designed to be the best fighter. So he out skills Pokémon with quadruple-digit IQs, supercomputers and master martial arts. The skill gap here isn't that massive then

I'ma note that Mewtwo has better precog than Alakazam who can learn everything about a persons life from a glance and can "foresee its opponents' every move".

I mean being a legendary Mewtwo is far superior to Pokemon like Machamp which have mastered all martial arts or Alakazam who can out outperform a supercomputer and perform complex calculations mid battle.
Is the precognition passive? Also, foreseeing moves is cool but Garou can do the same thing via analytical prediction so it pretty much just cancels out.

Garou is one of the best martial artists on the entire website. He can instantly copy techniques (even in his sleep), fight master martial artists who have analytical prediction while unconscious, absorb and merge dozens of styles at once and use them all simultaneously, etc... Gonna take a lot to compre to him.

Mewtwo does have an instant win button here through mindhax. Considering his intellect Garou won't have very long before he pulls it off.

Mewtwo does have an instant win button here through mindhax. Considering his intellect Garou won't have very long before he pulls it off.
A good thing Garou's starting moves are radiation attacks that are practically just sub-atomic destruction punches, coupled with an aura that'd near-incapacitate Mewtwo off the bat.

Is this not a stomp? Pretty sure Garou's first move is big radiation laser.

Edit: In the movie 2000 Mewtwo seems to go for just reflecting / blocking attacks with psychic, but that doesn't work on radiation.

Last edited:
I mean if Mewtwo precogs Garou's life with a glance wouldn't he know that Garou's radiation is gonna kill him and just mind hax him or BFR him?

Honestly we should do what they did with FNAF and purge the verse and start from the beginning but that's far from the discussion currently
I mean, you have an argument. Because of this review, 95% of profiles will be changed, and many new ones will have to be created.

Not only does there seem to be very little interest in pokemon (apart from arceus) but also the review crt is practically dead, and the OP doesn't even seem to care about following the review or helping.

If I were you, I would either drop that crt, because no one is obligated to help, especially when the OP himself doesn't want to, or blow up a large part of the verse, removing what would be composed like Arceus (probably)

Gonna note that Pokemon is getting its canon split and idk if Mewtwo is still gonna be 3-C.
This crt will take forever, if it ever ends. So really "waiting for the review", it doesn't even matter because of the delay. If it's ever completed, just delete the match.

I mean if Mewtwo precogs Garou's life with a glance wouldn't he know that Garou's radiation is gonna kill him and just mind hax him or BFR him?
Is that even in-character?

Also, what exactly does the mind-hax do?

And BFR wouldn't work. Garou has interdimensional portal travel.

If VSBW accepts Pokedex statements, sure that could work.
Is that even in-character?

Also, what exactly does the mind-hax do?
We don't really know if it's in-character, at least I don't think we do. Mewtwo is not often threatened with instant death in the media where he appears. Also, the mindhax turns you into his servant.

Also, the mindhax turns you into his servant.
That doesn't even prevent Mewtwo from being incapacitated and then killed lol. Garou didn't even know he had a radiation aura. And it's not like he can just turn it off.

And, does it have a time limit or range?

That doesn't even prevent Mewtwo from being incapacitated and then killed lol. Garou didn't even know he had a radiation aura. And it's not like he can just turn it off.

And, does it have a time limit or range?
If Mewtwo gets his win-con first by incapping Garou with mindhax then dies, I think it's either incon or a win for him. Also, as for time limit or range, it's never been said to have any time limit, and the page says "In the first movie, Mewtwo took control of Nurse Joy's mind and wiped the memories of everyone involved, even after he already left."
We don't know exactly how far he got and all, but it's not something very close range.

"Connected with every mind on the planet as Mega Mewtwo Y in SMD" is also on the page, but iirc Mega Mewtwo Y has superior psychic powers to Mega Mewtwo X so this version of Mewtwo doesn't benefit from that.

If Mewtwo gets his win-con first by incapping Garou with mindhax then dies, I think it's either incon or a win for him. Also, as for time limit or range, it's never been said to have any time limit, and the page says "In the first movie, Mewtwo took control of Nurse Joy's mind and wiped the memories of everyone involved, even after he already left."
We don't know exactly how far he got and all, but it's not something very close range.
How would it be a win if Mewtwo died? Do we even have evidence that the mind-servant thing continues after Mewtwo is dead? Cause that doesn't sound like it'd be the general assumption.

Of course, this is even going with the idea that Mewtwo immediately uses mind hax in the first place. And I do mean immediately since any one of Garou's starting moves is instant death.

How would it be a win if Mewtwo died? Do we even have evidence that the mind-servant thing continues after Mewtwo is dead? Cause that doesn't sound like it'd be the general assumption.

Of course, this is even going with the idea that Mewtwo immediately uses mind hax in the first place. And I do mean immediately since any one of Garou's starting moves is instant death.
How long does SBA say you have to keep your target incapacitated again? If it's less than it takes for Garou to passively kill Mewtwo then he's probably finished.

Back