• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor and Marvel Heavy hitters (4-B and above) speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody summarise what needs to be done here please?

So far we have now:
  • Silver Surfer and Gladiator feats which scale to Herald level characters
  • Odin gets a higher attack speed
  • Characters like Doctor Strange and Loki get a higher rating with their Astral Projections/Spirit Forms
The higher speed in Astral form based on this:
    • While Strange was quickly travelling half-way around the world in his Astral form, it was stated that "For those few of you who are unversed in the ways of the mystic arts, a sorcerer traveling in his ectoplasmic form, may reach any spot in seconds...for he is not bound to ordinary natural laws of time or motion"- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 124
    • Stated that "To those adept in the mystic arts, time and space are meaningless when they are in their ectoplasmic form!" as Strange and Mordo in their Astral forms fought and moved into the ocean in seconds.- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 125
    • "To the master of black magic, while in his spirit form the boundaries of time and gravity are meaningless!" This one was more to show how he could fly, if he also moved a bit faster than a normal human.- Journey into Mystery (1952)/vol 1 issue 108

Okay. That seems fine to apply then.

Can somebody write a list of the EXACTLY WORDED titles for the pages that need to be unlocked?

Thank you. Tell us here when you are done.

what about the dozens of anti-feats for both thor and other characters on his level? especially thor there are like 30 scans of him being blitzed by light speed or lower characters

one of the authors even said that travel speed =/= reaction speed, so shouldn't Thor be MFTL+ travel speed, Subsonic reactions?

I am not sure what we should do about Marvel combat speeds, given our new rules. They are even more inconsistent than other parts of the cosmology.

I am not sure what we should do about Marvel combat speeds, given our new rules. They are even more inconsistent than other parts of the cosmology.
Ban Marvel, it's the only way

perhaps you could do as I suggest, or list them as Unknown. Either way, I'm just as lost as you are.

FTL combat is more than consistent enough. Subsonic is laughable downplay.
i refer to the comicvine thread that exists solely to list scans of thor being outsped by subsonics, and i refer to one of the authors saying that travel speed =/= combat speed and that thor isn't a speedster so he gets blitzed by cheetahs

His fight against Death Seed Sentry was well over FTL. One of the recent instances I can recall.

But Thor often fights slower individuals (like Namor) and tries to fight stop them or some crap without using his speed at maximum.

Btw I disagree with slapping unknown ratings on everyone. Its just dumb looking imo.

Varied characters can get varied speed. And we can use their lowest and highest. Thor... That's harder to do. But I am fine with extremely low combat speed

yes it's real
67 scans. 67 scans showing Thor is subsonic. Or whatever speed tier marvel street tiers are.
Ah yes. Yes, of course. A gazillion out of context feats (+surprise attacks) + PIS (White Tiger) to justify subsonic Thor.

Btw I disagree with slapping unknown ratings on everyone. Its just dumb looking imo.

Varied characters can get varied speed. And we can use their lowest and highest. Thor... That's harder to do. But I am fine with extremely low combat speed
I mean, Marvel is very inconsistent- but then there are consistent characters amongst the rubble. Maybe we can stick to solid speed tiers for them, and Unknown for the rest. I agree with the varied speed and Thor having low combat speed.

Speaking of Speed, I'm looking to collect scans of SMT speed anti-feats to move them to Unknown.

Didn't we already have this a long time ago with everyone having MHS combat speed and MFTL+ flight speed?

And then we got rid of those along with Marvel Handbook statements like comparing Ultron to Iron Man?

And yeah these feats seem like downplay to hell and back. You can probably do the exact same to DC characters as well.

Ah yes. Yes, of course. A gazillion out of context feats (+surprise attacks) + PIS (White Tiger) to justify subsonic Thor.
if thor was FTL or MFTL or MFTL+ or even Light speed in combat feats, then the instant he could FEEL THE ATTACK WITH HIS NERVES he would have slapped them into gibs if they're only 9-C

Unless you're saying that Thor is either dumb or street tiers should be upgraded to FTL/MFTL/MFTL+/Light speede

Inconsistent doesn't cut it tho... If we are going to ignore high showings because "PIS + Outlier" we need to do the same with low showings. We can clearly see what is PIS and what isn't.

if thor was FTL or MFTL or MFTL+ or even Light speed in combat feats, then the instant he could FEEL THE ATTACK WITH HIS NERVES he would have slapped them into gibs if they're only 9-C

Unless you're saying that Thor is either dumb or street tiers should be upgraded to FTL/MFTL/MFTL+/Light speede
Considering he holds back a lot wouldn't that mean he does the same with his speed?

Again, literally 60 out of thousands of feats. Some of them are clear PIS. Angela isn't anti feat. Editor's words means jack shit here. Considering its the same editor who constantly contradicts the canon.

Also not being able to evade Zeus isn't an anti feat. There are anti feats, yes, but a lot are just PIS. Look at the Daredevil one.

Also wasn't the Cap one a DEPOWERED Thor?

Considering he holds back a lot wouldn't that mean he does the same with his speed?
Holding back dura and AP is one thing. But speed? How do you lose the ability to perceive things at your natural rate just by holding back?

If I were to use Occams Razor (I might be using this wrong, please tell me if I am), then I would say the simplest solution is to divide Thor's combat and travel speed. And other characters like him.
Inconsistent doesn't cut it tho... If we are going to ignore high showings because "PIS + Outlier" we need to do the same with low showings. We can clearly see what is PIS and what isn't.
62 low show feats, can we see 63 high speed feats for thor?

Again, literally 60 out of thousands of feats. Some of them are clear PIS. Angela isn't anti feat. Editor's words means jack shit here. Considering its the same editor who constantly contradicts the canon.

Also not being able to evade Zeus isn't an anti feat. There are anti feats, yes, but a lot are just PIS. Look at the Daredevil one.

Also wasn't the Cap one a DEPOWERED Thor?
thor has never been portrayed as particularly fast in comparison to slower characters. I think. I will change my mind if you show me scans of Thor speedblitzing fodder and things like that that outnumber the low showings (In messages).

Holding back dura and AP is one thing. But speed? How do you lose the ability to perceive things at your natural rate just by holding back?

If I were to use Occams Razor (I might be using this wrong, please tell me if I am), then I would say the simplest solution is to divide Thor's combat and travel speed. And other characters like him.
Being unaware? PIS? Knowing the attack will hit but choosing not to do anything because he's afraid if he makes a kneejerk reaction he'll kill the guy by accident? Take your pick.

Also your method doesn't seem any better to be honest.

Being unaware? PIS? Knowing the attack will hit but choosing not to do anything because he's afraid if he makes a kneejerk reaction he'll kill the guy by accident? Take your pick.

Also your method doesn't seem any better to be honest.
Then well /shrug
I guess there's no clearcut answer.

67 scans
0 citations
I could could more in-depth about Thor's speed and the problems with that thread, but if you're trying to make a downgrade from MFTL+ to Subsonic, you're gonna need to cite your scans first.

So is somebody here willing to apply the calculation results that have been accepted?
I could add the calcs to the pages.
They're needed on the Surfer, Gladiator and Odin pages, right?

I do not remember so well. My apologies.

Please write the EXACTLY WORDED titles for all the pages that you need unlocked here after the above issue has been verified.

I could could more in-depth about Thor's speed and the problems with that thread, but if you're trying to make a downgrade from MFTL+ to Subsonic, you're gonna need to cite your scans first.

gonna take some time i hope you're ok with that.

The Silver Surfer has repeatedly skillfully evaded swarms of meteorites when travelling at very MFTL+ speeds, and Thor usually matches or outmatches him.
send the scan in messages. currently i'm busy working on a book for a homebrew campaign so I can't spend hours on finding Thor speed feats and combing through pages of comic books using Reverse Image Search OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I do not have the time or will.

if you send the scan maybe I'll be convinced.

I don't have the time to go through lots of Silver Surfer appearances. Sorry. However, this has happened quite repeatedly from his first story appearance and forward as far as I recall.

I don't have the time to go through lots of Silver Surfer appearances. Sorry. However, this has happened quite repeatedly from his first story appearance and forward as far as I recall.
actually i looked it up you're right. well now I'm convinced. MFTL+ Thor stays.

The Silver Surfer has repeatedly skillfully evaded swarms of meteorites when travelling at very MFTL+ speeds, and Thor usually matches or outmatches him.
Thor has same type of feats where he operated his Asgardian Ship that could travel galaxies as a blur. Being operating that ship his action needs to be very precise and fast enough to act, turn, diverge or evade a planetoid void which recounts for his action-reaction speed

Well, thank you very much I didn't know about this thread because I joined very recently. But apart from that the example used was for stars having been seen from million of light-years away with travelling through some 1,00,0000 light speed but is that still applicable when you are crossing galaxies as a blur cause in that case you speed will be much greater than that. I guess in that case the reaction speed will be much greater than MHS+ that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back