• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor and Marvel Heavy hitters (4-B and above) speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Plus Surfer got a few feats of his own to support it

Btw, what is their current speed rating (in terms of light years)?

....honestly,

Isn't this calcing a throwaway moment using values from a throwaway statement decade later by a separate writer, to the point either of them won't recognize the feats.

Like, math may check out and stuff, but this just looks really dumb to use as our core calc if you note its context

Both Thor: God of Thunder #1 and Avengers #26 are written by Jason Aaron, so it might be fine, but even then the retroactive scaling part is still there since those are 7 years apart. The only other statements for the Marvel Universe I can recall are the infinite/endless ones, which apparently the wiki doesn't use, and Odin saying something about "a trillion thought years", which doesn't really mean anything. So if the wiki accepts this kind of retroactive scaling, the calc is fine so it should be usable, but if not, then it'll probably be rejected.

Though, while not written by Jason Aaron, King Thor's feat of throwing Mjolnir across the 10 realms happens after this, so you could probably apply it to that.

Does Wonder Woman's 52 quintillion feat have the same issue as well or not? I'm wondering out of curiosity since I based the premise of Thor's feat being similar to Wonder Woman's in that regard.

Does Wonder Woman's 52 quintillion feat have the same issue as well or not? I'm wondering out of curiosity since I based the premise of Thor's feat being similar to Wonder Woman's in that regard.
Nope. The 100 Trillion light years statement is from Superman: The Man of Steel #115, which according to the cover came out August 2001. The Wonder Woman feat is Wonder Woman #193-194, with the cover date on that being August 2003, 2 whole years later.

Okay then. I feel if there's no other confirmed size for the Marvel Universe that came relatively before or after Thor's feat that debunks the one in Avengers #26 we can use it then.

Not that I have seen any on this wiki.

But those Surfer feats of speed are hella consistent for him. Albeit he doesn't move THAT fast all the time, obviously, but when needed.

Okay. Then it seems sufficiently internally consistent to use to me, but it depends on what the others think as well.

New Avengers #20, both Sentry and Extremis Iron Man flew from earth to the sun, I calculated the feat to about between 6x baseline FTL+ and 2+x above baseline MFTL, assuming this was done in seconds.

The other ones were calculated by another channel known as Power Crunch time ago, I will bring them up in another revision.

....honestly,

Isn't this calcing a throwaway moment using values from a throwaway statement decade later by a separate writer, to the point either of them won't recognize the feats.

Like, math may check out and stuff, but this just looks really dumb to use as our core calc if you note its context
Same here. I don't agree with the using that size for the universe.

It also says it was a universe away, why would that planet be in 1 edge of the universe while Thor was in the other edge rather than Thor refering to the size of a normal universe being in between? Or better yet, maybe he was in one of the 9 realms, which are universes, meaning that he wasn't even 1 universe of distance away from that planet but in other universe, fitting with what he said and making the feat inapplicable due to unknown distance and Dimensional Travel being needed for it.

While I think the scaling looks fine at a glance and I have no problem accepting that the Marvel Universe is 1 trillion light years in size, we don't know where Thor started. He could have been anywhere in the Ten Realms for all we know. Even if he started from Earth, we wouldn't know where that planet he saved was either. Not factoring the multitude of ways Thor could have gotten there, we can't use this as a feat based off the fact we'd have to make assumptions of where Thor was and where the planet is.

It's very unlikely that Thor was on one side of the universe and then crossed all of it to get to that planet. Plus, the narration just describes it as being in "Deep Space". Even if both comics being used for this were written by the same guy, the fact he didn't say "On the other side of the Universe" or something just make things too nebulous.

Eficiente, C2, and Qawsedf made valid points above. We probably cannot use this feat then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back