• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor and Marvel Heavy hitters (4-B and above) speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
The microseconds feat isn’t the time Loki took to return to Asgard, but the time left until Thor travels that last ~1m to reach the sanctum, so it’s unlikely to get the results you’re hoping for.

Yeah also disregarded it since it his spirit form, not his actual body travelling that speed, so even if this was from Earth to Asgard, it wouldn't count anyway.

Best one would the last one but unless we know the distance between Migard and Asgard I don't think it would count either.

Ah so it would just be Dimensional Travel rather then anything else (at most you could use it to say he can cast spells in a microsecond)

More or less, yes, but I believe travel there without dimensional travel ability/portal is also possible. But since the distance is Unkown, we can't get a concrete answer

If you assemble all of the above mentioned calculations into a blog post, I can ask for evaluations.

Okay. Thank you. I will mention it in the blog.

I posted your specifications in the blog's comments section.

Early Dr. Strange comics imply that Astral forms' speed are way, way higher than the users' physical form, I believe they also stated this in a comic where they fought. All the feats Loki has like that should be a sort of amp that doesn't scale to his regular self.

I agree with Eficiente.

However, we can still scale from the other accepted speed feats.

So far we have now:
  • Silver Surfer and Gladiator feats which scale to Herald level characters
  • Odin gets a higher attack speed
  • Characters like Doctor Strange and Loki get a higher rating with their Astral Projections/Spirit Forms
Anything other speed feat anyone wants to add?

main-qimg-74fed37842827ca18dd8e07d83d5b633

Question, does anyone know where this issue comes from? I want to see if we can use this also.

My apologies, but I haven't read that particular story.

Well, Dimensional Travel can't be calc'd. And Odin did say that "The World Beyond comes ever closer", so wouldn't it be destroying parts of the universe from its edge to get closer and closer? It's also weird as he was actively manipulating space as he flew, in a way that seems more unusual than just "moving at FTL speed and therefore naturally mess with space".

Early Dr. Strange comics imply that Astral forms' speed are way, way higher than the users' physical form
  • While Strange was quickly travelling half-way around the world in his Astral form, it was stated that "For those few of you who are unversed in the ways of the mystic arts, a sorcerer traveling in his ectoplasmic form, may reach any spot in seconds...for he is not bound to ordinary natural laws of time or motion"- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 124
  • Stated that "To those adept in the mystic arts, time and space are meaningless when they are in their ectoplasmic form!" as Strange and Mordo in their Astral forms fought and moved into the ocean in seconds.- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 125
  • "To the master of black magic, while in his spirit form the boundaries of time and gravity are meaningless!" This one was more to show how he could fly, if he also moved a bit faster than a normal human.- Journey into Mystery (1952)/vol 1 issue 108
  • Loki makes a potion to "pierce the veil of time", "shatter the fabric of distance" and "set free [his] mystic essence", letting his soul "unfettered by space and time" to roam the cosmos. This is an early version of his Astral Projection, later in the issue he refers to that state as his astral form, and later issues (if not in this one) he doesn't need to make a posion for it, but the mechanics have no reason to not be the same as with Dr. Strange's Astral form and the description is comparable.- The Silver Surfer vol 1/(1968) issue 4

Last edited:
Also, in Loki's first appearance in Journey into Mystery (1952)/vol 1 issue 85 it's shown that his magic doesn't work on water and he can't use his magic as long as he's wet, as that's accurate to Loki's lore. Did he ever lose this weakness? Because if not then it should be in his profile.

Also, in Loki's first appearance in Journey into Mystery (1952)/vol 1 issue 85 it's shown that his magic doesn't work on water and he can't use his magic as long as he's wet, as that's accurate to Loki's lore. Did he ever lose this weakness? Because if not then it should be in his profile.
I don't think that weakness exists anymore? I think he got wet in Ewing's run and wasn't affected? (I could be misremembering)

I also doubt that the weakness to water exists any more.

In Thor 432, Loki used his abilities in the aftermath of a storm that Thor had created in wrath. Water weakness shouldn't make sense because one should be wet right after a rainstorm and yet Loki's powers worked plus he uses his magic in heavy snow where he might be wet at least his lower part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back