• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor and Marvel Heavy hitters (4-B and above) speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
What MFTL+ feat(s) are the 4-B characters currently scaled from?

Silver surfer feats but non of them is calced
That seems like a worthwhile task to focus on getting done then.

If somebody lists the feats and their evidence, maybe I can ask a few calc group members for help?

The universe thing seems like teleportation for SS. The rest I can do a calc blog on when I get home I guess.

Thank you. Help with calculating these feats is very appreciated.

Can you link to the relevant scan again please?

Sure, here it is again. The phrase "transwarp time and space" could mean he's hitting warp speed or his top speed, since he's using his "cosmic speed" in order to achieve it, which means it wouldn't be teleportation, right?

Last edited:
The Surfer seems to have used a link between a white hole and a black hole in different parts of the universe, so Qawsedf234 is most likely correct.

On the topic of speed, I remember thinking this feat to just be teleportation or just attack speed in a way that doesn't apply to much else, now I believe that we should at least recognize how that might be the case for the feat in Odin's profile.

Oh yeah speaking of speed, I forgot Gladiators feat should also take into account the distance between galaxies shouldn't it? Which the average is around 1 million lightyears. One galaxy is around 3,000-300,000 lightyears; Blinking takes 0.1-0.4 of a second. So if we do this again:

High end: 1.5137169e+22 m (1.6 million lightyears) / 0.1 seconds= 1.5137169e+23 m/s / 299,792,458 m/s= 504,921,608,134,651.6 c
Low end: 9.46073e+21 m (1 million lightyears) / 0.4 seconds = 2.3651825e+22 m/s / 299,792,458 m/s= 78,893,996,059,100.33 c

Still in the trillions, that's unfortunate.

Last edited:
On the topic of speed, I remember thinking this feat to just be teleportation or just attack speed in a way that doesn't apply to much else, now I believe that we should at least recognize how that might be the case for the feat in Odin's profile.
feat says faster than Thor's hammer, so it could be a speed feat.

Actually if Surfer's using a pseudo-teleportation mechanic, we can calculate that speed regardless, and use it just for that one P&A alone

Mar-Vell has a similar mechanic listed on his file, it doesn't scale to his regular speeds

Last edited:
feat says faster than Thor's hammer, so it could be a speed feat.
Well, teleportation isn't always instant and can be portrayed as targets moving from place to place at extreme super speed. Again, I just believe we should recognize how the feat might not be scalable to Odin's combat and reaction speeds, not that the feat isn't usable.

Actually if Surfer's using a pseudo-teleportation mechanic, we can calculate that speed regardless, and use it just for that one P&A alone

Mar-Vell has a similar mechanic listed on his file, it doesn't scale to his regular speeds
Just to clarify, the Surfer used the scientifically theorised connection between white and black holes to travel much further than normal. For practical purposes, he basically used a form of teleportation portal.

Meh this is still likely one of the highest speed ratings we can give someone. So I think it's really absurd to think it can be topped
I do not mind if we use the Gladiator feat to scale from.

Well, teleportation isn't always instant and can be portrayed as targets moving from place to place at extreme super speed. Again, I just believe we should recognize how the feat might not be scalable to Odin's combat and reaction speeds, not that the feat isn't usable.
That is a good point.

Honestly, I'm betting on Thor's feat of traveling to the end of the universe from Asgard to give the best possible speed feat right now.

Honestly, I'm betting on Thor's feat of traveling to the end of the universe from Asgard to give the best possible speed feat right now.
That could work, yes. Is somebody here willing to calculate it?

Yes, that's attack speed that applies to the speed in which he can summon things, maybe even move things in general.

Forgot about this thread, sorry.

Found some stuff on Loki's profile.
Loki_Astral_6.jpg

Loki sends his Astral Projection from Asgard to Earth in a blink of an eye (though applies to Loki's AP only, since it states his AP speed is not equal to his body's speed)

CBv6S9UanvlkGicIBEam4NwRWKHVPA2u6VwCBDkkFqs1YGHBGySjDlBuom_p3zMIR8ezDkdeXDV1=s0

His Spirit form goes back to Asgard from Earth in Microseconds

RCO012.jpg

Returns to Asgard to Earth in a short timeframe

Shame to hear that.
Oh yeah speaking of speed, I forgot Gladiators feat should also take into account the distance between galaxies shouldn't it? Which the average is around 1 million lightyears. One galaxy is around 3,000-300,000 lightyears; Blinking takes 0.1-0.4 of a second. So if we do this again:

High end: 1.5137169e+22 m (1.6 million lightyears) / 0.1 seconds= 1.5137169e+23 m/s / 299,792,458 m/s= 504,921,608,134,651.6 c
Low end: 9.46073e+21 m (1 million lightyears) / 0.4 seconds = 2.3651825e+22 m/s / 299,792,458 m/s= 78,893,996,059,100.33 c

Still in the trillions, that's unfortunate.
New feat for the 4-B characters to scale to.

We also have Odin calling upon planets from the ends of the universe in a split second. Which would be:

Distance= Universe: 93 billion lightyears (8.7984793395e+26 meters)
Time= Split second: 0.5 second

8.7984793395e+26 m / 0.5 sec = 1.7596958679e27 m/s / 299,792,458 m/s= 5.869713599999904e+18c

Not that it would scale to any 4-B characters in Marvel so that probably wouldn't do much anyway.
Odin's attack speed

Anything else anyone wants to say or add? Any other feats they want to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back