• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellence616

He/Him
Elektra logically shouldn't be able to do anything whatsoever to bother Tiger Shark. He has trillions of times more raw power, as he is almost comparable to Namor, whereas Elektra's power level is comparable to Daredevil, so this is just more of Marvel's usual "everybody can fight everybody" nonsense scaling.

Elektra should scale.

Elektra (2014), she defeated Tiger Shark, albeit off screen, and without killing him. Tiger Shark is then brought back, and amped, and still defeated, with their new abilities explicitly not mattering a lick.
Won't we consider this an outlier? 9-A beating a 5-B. And also this would make the likes of Daredevil, Punisher, Spiderman and Co. Relativistic+ which in turn makes almost every character Relativistic+
If this and my CRT get approved then Carol will scale too since she is scaling from Rogue, Tiger Shark and Ronan.
Yep

Elektra should scale.

Elektra (2014), she defeated Tiger Shark, albeit off screen, and without killing him. Tiger Shark is then brought back, and amped, and still defeated, with their new abilities explicitly not mattering a lick.
Problem is; if we upgrade Elektra, we will eventually have to upgrade all street level characters since everyone, technically, scales to her Hypersonic feat. She's the only one with the hypersonic feat after all.

And we already discussed that everyone being Massively Hypersonic+ is not good, now imagine Relativistic+.

Elektra logically shouldn't be able to do anything whatsoever to bother Tiger Shark. He has trillions of times more raw power, as he is almost comparable to Namor, whereas Elektra's power level is comparable to Daredevil, so this is just more of Marvel's usual "everybody can fight everybody" nonsense scaling.
Won't we consider this an outlier? 9-A beating a 5-B. And also this would make the likes of Daredevil, Punisher, Spiderman and Co. Relativistic+ which in turn makes almost every character Relativistic+

The second fight explicitly explains how it is that she manages to defeat him, that being a biometric shock to the snout.

This also wouldn’t be an outlier regardless. The Incredible Hulk (2011) #601, Elektra stabs Red-She Hulk. If that isn’t enough, Thunderbolts (2013) #28, Elektra stabs Red Hulk, with him even going as far as to question the material of her Sai, Adamanitum being his first guess. Elektra herself doesn’t need to be 5-B, in the same vein that Wolverine’s claws scale above himself.

The second fight explicitly explains how it is that she manages to defeat him, that being a biometric shock to the snout.
Well, it is better than a Karate chop, but is nevertheless stupid.
This also wouldn’t be an outlier regardless. The Incredible Hulk (2011) #601, Elektra stabs Red-She Hulk. If that isn’t enough, Thunderbolts (2013) #28, Elektra stabs Red Hulk, with him even going as far as to question the material of her Sai, Adamanitum being his first guess. Elektra herself doesn’t need to be 5-B, in the same vein that Wolverine’s claws scale above himself.
It is a regular "rule of cool"/writer favouritism outlier, much like for Wolverine, given that it shouldn't matter if they have Adamantium blades if they are not strong enough to generate the required force and energy to pierce through characters with planet- to universe-busting raw power.

Well, it is better than a Karate chop, but is nevertheless stupid.
It wasn’t a karate chop, and I don’t quite see how. They explain pretty logically how and why she was able to do that.

It is a regular "rule of cool"/writer favouritism outlier, much like for Wolverine, given that it shouldn't matter if they have Adamantium blades if they are not strong enough to generate the required force and energy to pierce through characters with planet- to universe-busting raw power.
You would need to prove that assertion, considering the fact that Red Hulk is still confident in killing her and proceeds to tell if she continues to attack him he will, in-fact, kill her.

But is there a consistent narrative justification for such higher speed akin to Wolverine's higher AP via adamantium?
According to his profile, there is.

This is already extremely odd because an amped Daredevil via the Fist Magic in Zdarsky’s run merely 1-2 years ago has him explicitly moving and hitter harder than he ever had, just to keep up with a casual Spider-Man who doesn’t even want to fight him, and then that Daredevil (albeit wanting to die and iirc injured) calls Elektra (who isn’t trying to kill) fast, in fact, the fastest. So the idea that these characters are somehow below a weaker Elektra just doesn’t make sense.

This is already extremely odd because an amped Daredevil via the Fist Magic in Zdarsky’s run merely 1-2 years ago has him explicitly moving and hitter harder than he ever had, just to keep up with a casual Spider-Man who doesn’t even want to fight him, and then that Daredevil (albeit wanting to die and iirc injured) calls Elektra (who isn’t trying to kill) fast, in fact, the fastest. So the idea that these characters are somehow below a weaker Elektra just doesn’t make sense.
The current case of street level speed is already extremely odd since is pratically;

Spider-heroes > Elektra (The one with the Hypersonic feat) >= Daredevil = Everyone else.

And all of that with single a single feat. So it's a confusing situation all together because all of the profiles (DD included) do NOT say they scale to that Elektra feat.

Spider-heroes > Elektra (The one with the Hypersonic feat) >= Daredevil = Everyone else.

And all of that with single a single feat. So it's a confusing situation all together because all of the profiles (DD included) do NOT say they scale to that Elektra feat.
Daredevil being = to them is also rather odd, Wolverine considers him “fast as hell”, he danced circles around Captain America (and his degraded form is considered everyone’s best, to Cap), fought on par with Shuri, and more.

As long as it isn't Adamantium blades then she won't get any upgrades. The only blades that can harm 5-B and above are Adamantium, Vibranium, Uru, or any blades infused with Magic.
They explain pretty logically how and why she was able to do that.
How was she able to do that? I didn't see any explanation there.

Either way, we can't upgrade her since Her = All Hypersonic Characters.

There should be this gap in Stats btw Street and Top Tiers character in Marvel. As reactive as Wolverine, Spiderman or even Daredevil are. These characters have danced around the likes of Hulk and other characters on multiple occasions but we can't upgrade them to their speed. It is about fighting someone above your regular level except stated that the character is slower than the street character.

Very Simple

These characters in this sandbox are rated Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed scaling from either Namor (Marvel Comics), The Thing (Marvel Comics), Hulk (Marvel Comics), or Doctor Doom who were upgraded to Relativistic+ in this thread.

So the Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed characters should be upgraded to Relativistic+

Those affected by the upgrade
This seems fine to me.

Neutral in regards to Elektra’s blades.

Well, I personally do not mind if we give her extremely high attack potency with adamantium blades. I am just saying that this particular trope does not make any logical sense.

Well, I personally do not mind if we give her extremely high attack potency with adamantium blades. I am just saying that this particular trope does not make any logical sense.
It was never confirmed wether it's adamantium. Red Hulk only asked of which she didn't give an answer.

Well, without extremely bad writing, Adamantium, Uru, or similar is required to harm the Hulk.

Namor, The Thing, Hulk, Doctor Doom and all those other characters are not faster than the rest of the characters at Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed, they fight each other all the time pretty evenly. They're still subject to the anti-feats each other have, I fear that the Reed feat may be an outlier. Not against it myself (due to lack of memory), but we should call the people who worked in the last speed thread for these characters, whomever they might be.

The other feats Eseseso posted are aim-dodging and with the lasers not being said to move at the speed of light.

Namor, The Thing, Hulk, Doctor Doom and all those other characters are not faster than the rest of the characters at Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed, they fight each other all the time pretty evenly. They're still subject to the anti-feats each other have, I fear that the Reed feat may be an outlier.
Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic+ characters fighting evenly Namor and Co would be an outlier for the hypersonic guys and anti feats for Namor and Co.

Namor, The Thing, Hulk, Doctor Doom and all those other characters are not faster than the rest of the characters at Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed, they fight each other all the time pretty evenly. They're still subject to the anti-feats each other have, I fear that the Reed feat may be an outlier. Not against it myself (due to lack of memory), but we should call the people who worked in the last speed thread for these characters, whomever they might be.

The other feats Eseseso posted are aim-dodging and with the lasers not being said to move at the speed of light.
I think that's very clearly not true, I can't speak for all but the ones I'm most "knowledged" on have consistently been shown as actually having super speed consider them all equal to the "Super soldiers" level it's ridiculous offensive even. Also wasn't this all discussed in the previous thread that upgraded the characters to relativistic+? Don't see a point in talking about it in this thread too.
And is this the kind of consistency you want?
They are basically all scaling to each other while also scaling with different tiers.
We are not talking about bullet timers here

Namor, The Thing, Hulk, Doctor Doom and all those other characters are not faster than the rest of the characters at Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed, they fight each other all the time pretty evenly.
I cannot talk about the Massively Hypersonic folks, but I can tell that all the fights involving the Hypersonic guys are mostly outliners and them fighting characters like the Hulk are kinda bull.

As long as it isn't Adamantium blades then she won't get any upgrades. The only blades that can harm 5-B and above are Adamantium, Vibranium, Uru, or any blades infused with Magic.
Personally, I don't think adamantium weaponry should even give you a new tier. Adamantium weapons should be just a really good dura neg IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back