• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The VS Wiki Second Holy Grail War Register Thread

I guess I'll go with Mac an Lui for my third one. (You don't know how hard it was for me to find a weapon I could relate to.)

I relate specifically to the part that says "can nullify mental disruptions that can work on the Servant".

No matter what people say to me whether it's a personal insult, a heated argument, or an opinion I strongly disagree with, I don't let it get to me and consider it in a logical way before giving a clear rational response that isn't fueled by bias or emotion. I also spend a LOT of time thinking things through before I act (hence why it took me so long to choose a third NP not to mention to even join the war to begin with.)

As for the skills, I think I'll go with Harp of Healing, Clairvoyance, and Solomon's Ring.

OwariNepgear said:
Ohhh, really touching there Alex. Very well, ashen one, i'll made your dream come true. Touch the darkness within me, take nourishment from these sovereignless souls.
You are one profile image too late to be saying that

Nursery Rhyme - A Tale For Somebody's Sake. This is exactly the NP come from the Servant with the same name. The whole ability of this one is like a mirror, reflecting people's desire and change yourself as they see fit. An innocent girl or a dreadful swordman, you'll basically become whatever other want you to be because you're a mirror. This NP will suit you well.
NPs chosen here in the registration were actually meant to be as close to the original as possible.

In any case, to be clear this would only allow him to become the 'reflection' of his master, not allow him to become anything he wants.

Also, you don't pick your class. It gets chosen for you based on your abilities. Right now I need Caster and Lancer (although seems Edwelken is becoming Lancer)

Most of the Servants present do not mainly use Magecraft though, and using Ars Paulina without Solomon's Magic Circuit is just plain ineffective in the long run

@Monarch: Not really. Nursery Rhyme will reflect one target's desire and change the user to fit that desire. In Fate/Extra, NR only use this on Alice. But, if she use it on the MC or someone else, the result will be different. He'll become something else from some other tales that target prefer if he use this. But what's the limit of tale that he can take at a time? Alice took "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" together in Fate/Extra.

Those were both part of the same series and TtLG with the direct sequel, so the power can be based on that I suppose

Alexcar, what is your favourite series?

I heard my name!

Favorite series... ?

You mean... Fate series... ?

Or... ?

Cuz I'm only reading the wiki! ^^"

Favourite book / book series/ tv show / game / anime / whatever

This is assuming you are taking Nursery Rhyme as your Noble Phantasm

Alright! Again, who "summoned me" or "called my name" with the whole thing about the "true name" and how they percieve me "Player blaming someone... for what they did". It fits! I think... you think it fits, friend?

Lord Camelot fits too! My heart won't be broken as long as I stay DETERMINED!! And let me tell you, it's no lie I'm pretty determined! I never give up no mater what! Out-Spamming spam bots in chats for 3 hours is my feat!

But... I also "always hope to the future" like Lord Cheldea but tha'ts another thing and I already have 1 barrier thing, unless I search for something that fits my DETERMINATION I guess I have that in the meantime, uhhh.

LlamaGod1411 said:
How many have chosen A Knight does not die with empty hands? Aren't skills unique?
I think 3. Me, Hizack and you said you wanted to write it for yourself

You do have a point though. Unique skills that belong only to one character should probably also be restricted in the same way Noble Phantasms are, so you can't choose it if someone else already has.

Hizack, can you choose a different Personal Skill?

So how would "nursery rhyme" work here? Would it be called something like "Meta RPG"? And would it just be the same abilities but with an Undertale theming?

Keep the name because I can't be bothered to think of a new one

Same abilities, undertale theme.

Queen's Glass Game = LOAD

Jabberwocky = ... Metaton? (not NEO)

Card Soliders = ... uh... Froggit?

Nameless Forest = ... True Lab? the Ruins?

You are writing it for yourself, which operates by different laws than the registration, so you can still write it for yourself (although as a Skill version of a Noble Phantasm, it will take 27 hours to write it)

Monarch Laciel said:

Nameless Forest = ... True Lab?
I'd personally go with:

Undyne or one of the amalgamates for the Jabberwok, since they're known for their powerful Regenerationn and seeming invulnerability to most attacks.

Mad Dummy's Dummies for the trump soldiers, cause they fit the image of thoughtless beings failing to properly support their ruler.

And Asriel's void for nameless forest, since that's where the most noticeable memory and existence erasure happened, and it was undone when characters' souls began remembering themselves.

Monarch Laciel said:
Keep the name because I can't be bothered to think of a new one
Same abilities, undertale theme.

Queen's Glass Game = LOAD

Nameless Forest = ... True Lab? the Ruins?
Ability to SAVE and LOAD? =0

Yesss! >u<

True. Good ideas

What is the big scary amalgamate with all the teeth? That turns the box into its mouth except missing one tooth which is the safe spot? That would make a good Jabberwocky

Mad Dummy is immune to conventional attacks though... although considering we are all heroic spirits we could probably still hurt it, so ok, Mad Dummy for Trump Soldiers

Alexcar3000 said:
Ability to SAVE and LOAD? =0
Yesss! >u<

No. Just LOAD

And only to the start of the fight

And only as long as you have mana (yours is not reset, your opponent's is)

Oh, I didn't mean Mad Dummy itself, but the dummies it summons to attack Frisk (and itself by mistake). In this situation Mad Dummy itself would be more like the queen of hearts while the dummies would be the trump soldiers.

You can make my guy's name Edelweiss.

As for appearance I was thinking probably David with Solomon's skin and hair tone.

Also I'm wondering what Fab meant about Ars Paulina being ineffective without Solomon's magic circuit. Is there something I should know about it aside from what it says on the wiki page?

I'm assuming that Solomon has a lot of magic circuits, which give him ridiculous amounts of mana, so he can actually hold up the marble for a decent period of time. Also, he needs mana to resurrect people, so again without Solomon's super magic circuits, you won't be able to resurrect yourself/others very many times.

Ah, I realize my problem now, the Type-Moon Wiki doesn't actually list his personal skills, so I mistook his class skills for the personal skills.

You can see the servant's personal skills if you expand their servant info in the box under their picture on the type moon wiki

Edit: Nvm, that was my mistake. That only shows class skills

Monarch Laciel said:
I'm assuming that Solomon has a lot of magic circuits, which give him ridiculous amounts of mana, so he can actually hold up the marble for a decent period of time. Also, he needs mana to resurrect people, so again without Solomon's super magic circuits, you won't be able to resurrect yourself/others very many times.
Oh okay yeah I'm fine with that.

Also I'm pretty sure that Solomon is the exception, because David and Fionn have both their personal and class skills under stats. I've just been using the Skills page and searching for my character's names.

The Solomon listed on the skills page for the skills you chose was actually grand caster Solomon, not your Solomon (confusing, right?) but it seems that regular Solomon does have the skills after all, they just didn't mention them on his page or the skills page there.

Solomon wàs a special snowflake in that his existance is convenient for God. That's why he was given everything that made him powerful, but this made him discontent because everything that he does wasn't something that he does from his own will but from God's. And his last act as a human and as himself is to return everything back to God at the time of his death, this include his authority over Goetia (his EX rank Evocation) and his authority over Magecraft (his EX rank rings) and prolly other stuff that i'm forgetting

What this mean is basically. Without Solomon's Magic Circuit, not only you can't revive anyone within Ars Paulina, you can't even hold it existance for a decent amount of time. And you can't really get his rings because he simply doesn't has it as a Servant

Meh. He can use all functions of Ars Paulina, just only with his own whatever ranked mana. If we required all the character's characteristics to use, things like UBW would be useless without their user's separate sword origin and analysis abilities.

You have a point about the Rings though. Goetia has 9, but Solomon only had 1 iirc during his appearances.

Back