• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Age of Discussion

I did.

Haven't played it though : (

I promised a friend I would play Tales of the Abyss as my next game, so AoC has to wait.

They'll probs give some Breath 2 news, maybe it'll come out late this year but I could see them saying they won't be able to release it this year, and they'll likely release a collection (And knowing Nintendo it'll only have 3 games and you'll only be able to buy it for around 2 minutes before all traces of its existence are destroyed).

I mean if Cadence of Hyrule could exist....

Who knows what could happen?

Untitled Cucco game could actually happen.

hey guys. I was hoping we could get a profile for Master Kohga, the Yiga Clan boss that we see in Breath of the Wild and Age of Calamity.

I've been working on a rough draft Here, not sure about some of his stats.

Master Kohga in BOTW and in AoC are two different people, since its a title passed down.
the title being passed down doesn't necessarily mean they're two different people though. Kohga in AoC has the same body proportions and personality as his BOTW counterpart. and Sheikahs as a race tends to live longer than humans do, so it's entirely plausible they are the same person.

Except that Impa, who is probably around, or even younger than Kohga is an old grandma by the time BOTW takes place. While Master Kohga in BOTW still seems to be in prime condition.

Except that Impa, who is probably around, or even younger than Kohga is an old grandma by the time BOTW takes place. While Master Kohga in BOTW still seems to be in prime condition.
It's difficult to determine Kohgas's age though because he covers his face. he could just be a healthy old man underneath his mask. They also both mention that their moves were taught to them by their great grandfather

"A secret technique taught by my father's mother's father! "
-
Age Of Calamity Kohga before duplicating himself
-Breath Of the Wild Kohga before summoning his largest metal ball.

I think this line is oddly specific if they were indeed two different people.

Edit: the full quotes are
"I need to bust out my serious moves... A secret technique taught by my father's mother's father! It will...destroy you!" - BOTW Kohga
"Ill obliterate you with this next move...A secret technique taught by my father's mother's father!" -AOC Kohga

Last edited:
The thing I hope they’ll release this year is an original classic 2d Zelda game. If we consider ALBW as ALTTP2, the last one we got was fricking Spirit Tracks lol

The level design, combat, visuals mainly.

They just aren't fun. They don't capture the magic of Zelda for me.

I can get combat and visuals, but I really like the level design. 2D Zelda dungeons were generally really fun while still feeling different than the 3D ones. I prefer the 3D games, but the 2D ones are also really good and help keeping Zelda more varied.

(And knowing Nintendo it'll only have 3 games and you'll only be able to buy it for around 2 minutes before all traces of its existence are destroyed. ).
Nintendo: proceeds destroy the "pirate life" of emulators under the pretence of giving us the game in a legit way and promises to give almost all of them (Nintendo classic games) to us.

Also Nintendo:Puts it on sale for around 2 minutes before all traces of its existence are destroyed

Guys, is my profile for Astor good???
You should mention that his Precog comes from a Guardian from the Future.

Durability should have a justification, like "(Can take attacks from Link)"

Stamina's justification is very weak, honestly, that sounds like Above Average stamina at best to me.

You should specify that he has Standard Melee range physically, Tens of Meters via Malice attacks

I don't know why you would put his Malice creations as Standard Equipment, I don't think that is how that works.

And I am not sure how manipulating Malice or knowing powerful spells in indictive of any form of intelligence, let alone genius intelligence.

Overall, it is a little messy, I can help fix it up for you if you would like that.

You should mention that his Precog comes from a Guardian from the Future.

Durability should have a justification, like "(Can take attacks from Link)"

Stamina's justification is very weak, honestly, that sounds like Above Average stamina at best to me.

You should specify that he has Standard Melee range physically, Tens of Meters via Malice attacks

I don't know why you would put his Malice creations as Standard Equipment, I don't think that is how that works.

And I am not sure how manipulating Malice or knowing powerful spells in indictive of any form of intelligence, let alone genius intelligence.

Overall, it is a little messy, I can help fix it up for you if you would like that.
1. I mean, I am pretty sure being a skilled magician and knowing how to use powerful magic is indicative of intelligence in some form
2. The thing I put as standard equipment was the Orb thing we always see with him
3. Thanks for the rest of the advice

Manipulating malice isn't darkness manipulation, also since the copied Malice versions of the champions and Link also possess the same abilities as the originals I'm pretty sure that also counts as a form of Power Mimicry so that's something I think is worth listing.

That's specifically the Terrako of the Age of Calamity timeline, corrupted by Malice.
Also, Malice corrupts stuff, so couldn't he presumably do so from using it?

I could use help on my Master Kohga profile if you want to help with that.
Pretty solid profile, I can fix up some stuff tomorrow.

Although I should mention, I don't think that Apples/Food giving stat buffs are a legitimate thing. Same with him having Flurry Rush or the Fire/Ice/Lightning Rods.

I think those would just be considered game mechanics and universal character mechanics respectively.

Flurry Rush, IIRC, is really only a Link thing, I believe. Also, it is definitely not Perception Manipulation. It's more a stat buff on one's fighting speed and reflexes if anything.

Also, isn't Kohga a title?

Are we sure this is the same guy that has the position 100 years in the future?

Also, isn't Kohga a title?

Are we sure this is the same guy that has the position 100 years in the future?
Actually, looking back at gameplay footage, they're probably different people. Breath Of the Wild Master Kohga doesn't recognize Link after seeing him in the Yiga Clan Hideout. despite Age of Calamity Kohga canonically meeting Link at several points during that time period.

I'll rework the profile when I have the chance, into one that only uses Age of Calamity feats. This wouldn't really change much since Age of Calamity Kohga shares all of BOTW Kohgas powers + more, as well as similar feats (both fight against Link)

also, Im fine with removing Rods and food from his equipment. Should I keep the Sheikah Rune abilities?

In Age of Calamity, every playable character is able to perform Flurry Rush, so I just put that into his profile. I can remove that as well.

Last edited:
If we get rid of the Rods and Flurry Rush, then the Sheikah Slate should probably go too, sadly, since there is only one of them, and I am pretty Zelda has it in the game.

If we get rid of the Rods and Flurry Rush, then the Sheikah Slate should probably go too, sadly, since there is only one of them, and I am pretty Zelda has it in the game.
Actually not. In one of the loading screen tips, it says that Little Guardian is the reason why characters can use the runes without having the Slate, so it’s power bestowal. We also see the champions teleporting to a tower at the start of chapter 5, without the need of a slate and being far away from lil guardian, hence why I think it’s that.

Actually not. In one of the loading screen tips, it says that Little Guardian is the reason why characters can use the runes without having the Slate, so it’s power bestowal. We also see the champions teleporting to a tower at the start of chapter 5, without the need of a slate and being far away from lil guardian, hence why I think it’s that.
Oh really?

I guess I stand corrected.

And other characters seems to be capable of bullet time/flurry rush as well, as seen when Urbosa did that when she deflected a Yiga Clan's attack.

I think the rods and the food can go into optional equipment

Actually, looking back at gameplay footage, they're probably different people. Breath Of the Wild Master Kohga doesn't recognize Link after seeing him in the Yiga Clan Hideout. despite Age of Calamity Kohga canonically meeting Link at several points during that time period.

I'll rework the profile when I have the chance, into one that only uses Age of Calamity feats. This wouldn't really change much since Age of Calamity Kohga shares all of BOTW Kohgas powers + more, as well as similar feats (both fight against Link)

also, Im fine with removing Rods and food from his equipment. Should I keep the Sheikah Rune abilities?

In Age of Calamity, every playable character is able to perform Flurry Rush, so I just put that into his profile. I can remove that as well.
To be fair, age of calamity is an alternate timeline of botw, maybe in the original timeline of Botw Kogha never met link.

So would it be alright for me to revert the changes I made, adding back flurry rush to notable techniques, and adding rods and food back to optional equipment?

im in favor of keeping them, since while every character has them, it is still something that Kohga can do in-game, and thus should be at least put on his profile for completion/indexing sake.

edit: this is a reply to RTXthegamer and Warren comments

Back