• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Quick question, I'm not sure what the consensus is on crossing over between Hyrule Warriors due to being a spin-off, but for abilities that are obvious a character has from the main series, can it be given to their warriors counterpart? For example, both dowsing and the enemy scanning are abilities Fi have when you first have her as the Goddess Sword, shown on her profile as Information Analysis and Extrasensory Perception. As she was explicitly created to aid Link has when you first meet her, are we able to give these to her Warriors page, even if she never shows it in the game?

I would prefer sticking to what's shown till we figure out the actual canonicity of that stuff first given how much HW likes to veer off canon, because some of that shit 100% doesnt cross scale.
Yes; in fact it’s heavily implied the characters from the other regular Zelda eras are from the main timeline itself.
Except when they are arent 🫠

Another question I got. In the scene where Zelda receives the Master Sword, was that her doing or the sword's? Cause we see her stone glow before she goes out and notices the ball of light. Yet at the same time, she is clearly confused on how this happened and how it got here, before the sword tells her that Link is safe and that it traveled through time to find her, indicating it did that itself. If it was Zelda disregard this. But if it was the Master Sword then it should have full on Time Travel, cause currently it has it limited due to needing to be put in its pedestal first.

Is someone ******* with ToTK Zelda? Because she has nothing for ToTK yet, I'm asking now while I'm farming this thing in case I need to get a few clips.

I’m surprised there’s no interest in a CoH Zelda profile considering how often she fights compared to the others.

TotK Dragon Zelda is like guaranteed 5-A though cause she fought with Dragon Ganondorf (Why not just give Link a Secret Stone?)

TotK Dragon Zelda is like guaranteed 5-A though cause she fought with Dragon Ganondorf
Well, 5-A durability yeah but in terms of AP dragon zelda is 5-C, possibly 5-A via upscaling from her sage of time self because she never fought dragondorf directly, she mostly just avoided him while Link went down and stabbed him

Apparently one of the loading tips calls botw/totk hyrule a continent but outside of that I wouldn't know
I keep forgetting the loading screen tips sometimes have actual lore instead of normal gameplay tips.

The game itself has one; like 5000 meters or so
No like, the lore size. Like most open world games the ingame map size is much smaller than it's actually since trying to make a actual country sized map is just a lil' bit difficult, the Great Sea in Wind Waker is continental in size but in gameplay its like the size of manhatten, or how the continent of tamriel in the elder scrolls is, y'know, a continent but if you used the ingame map sizes of the games starting from morrowind onward it's the size of a large city or something.

What's the size for BOTW/TOTK Hyrule? I swear we had a calc for it somewhere
It was like 100km, but I have a shot calling it a continent. Which I told Dale.

So the lore size, just copy from WW ganon calc, both would use the same.

Though I will say, just because the entire land ain't to scale, doesn't mean everything isn't, some stuff is to scale, while some isn't, so this would probably only effect calcs/feats that involve the whole of Hyrule.

Another question I got. In the scene where Zelda receives the Master Sword, was that her doing or the sword's? Cause we see her stone glow before she goes out and notices the ball of light. Yet at the same time, she is clearly confused on how this happened and how it got here, before the sword tells her that Link is safe and that it traveled through time to find her, indicating it did that itself. If it was Zelda disregard this. But if it was the Master Sword then it should have full on Time Travel, cause currently it has it limited due to needing to be put in its pedestal first.

Anyone know the answer to this?

I think it's a mix of both? The residual energy is clearly based on the time magic stuff and the secret stone activates in response, but the Master Sword looks to have somehow activated it by itself which makes sense due to it's own time based abilities. Either way I don't think this would make it full on Time Travel for the sword since it still needed to be within that energy in order to actually time travel like how it needed to be placed in it's pedastal to send Link back in time in OOT.

Yeah stuff like that would be continental.

There's like 3 feats that might effect too, don't think they'd matter much tho.

I have a slew of random **** off statements that I'll drop soon wouldve been now but apparently the battery cells have two layers so I'm grinding that out atm
Would continent sized Hyrule being accepted for TotK affect Colgera's storm feat?
Unknown. Some stuff is to scale and has stated sizes, while some stuff isn't, and some stuff is just common sense like country sized mounains dumb as shit.
Colgera falls in the "might be, might not be" category, I haven't found much for Hebra beyond a few lines implying the area around Rito Village is compact. I wouldn't risk a upgrade based on a "maybe". Tho, it would be upgraded a lil bit based on something else (just a calc thing), same with the beast beam hole, but this is to vague for my liking.

Am working on a few calcs tho like Duel Peak split, the dragon's changing the weather, Mo-i forget its name bursting out of death mountain (if ya go there before the fight, it's a huge thick layer of bed rock, which it evidently smashed through, given Yunobo actually says it did, would likely be 8-A, and Yunobo one shots that ******), the whirlpool, and a few more.

They explicitly note the MS traveled through time "the same way" Zeld did, so, however she did, it did.

I always liked the weird time powers they give the Master Sword. Like yeah it's main thing is being a holy weapon that nukes anything evil or demonic, but sometimes it can bridge gaps between different time periods like in OOT and TP, and it could even maintain the time stop the goddesses placed on Hyrule so long as it was left in it's pedastal. I personally like to headcannon that the reason the sword could travel as far back in time as Zelda did is because of the secret stone somehow being able to amp it's own time powers (Which is why it glows) but, y'know, just my headcannon. Not like 7 years was the hard limit for the thing given that I'm pretty sure it letting Link go into the past version of the temple of time would be a lot more than 7 years.

I'm pretty sure it letting Link go into the past version of the temple of time would be a lot more than 7 years.
There's a statement somewhere saying the ToT you explore in TP is centuries in the past from "present". I have the scan saved but like, it's in the middle of over 14k scans.

Was gathering MS stuff given oot Link evidently has the MS so it kinda just got tacked on.

If the devs locked the **** in, they would’ve had Link get and swallow his own Secret Stone and become his own Light Dragon with an also-mutated Master Sword

Why though. The whole game sets up that's a bad thing.
ToTK Link also doesn't have any innate magic to amplify, it all comes from items. And the MS wouldn't be mutated, it has powers to stop that.

And that implies what Zeld did failed or wasn't enough, it'd just undermine her. For what purpose dog?

If the Zonai stuff is kept around maybe a future incarnation, but in ToTk it'd have been just bad writing.

Does the Flurry Rush count? Or is it just an ability anyone can eventually learn like we saw with Ganondorf?
It ain't rooted in magic so doubt it. Seems to be just a thing hyper skilled mfs can do like Link, Ganon, and uh, think Revali?

When was that?
I'm skimming and all I see is this?

Which like, that's Link man.... Is it in a journal like Revali?

K yeah, she 100% has the parry slowdown at least, she doesn't followup tho in slowdown, but it'd still be self-perception manip even if it ain't as cracked as Link's.

Do we have a Phantom Ganon (totk) profile? or are we just slapping their shit onto Ganon, would effect a few scans I tack onto the thread.

Don't have one for them atm, but given we got profiles for the OOT and WW Phantom Ganons don't see why we shouldn't give the TOTK version their own one. We'd still slap their shit into normal Nando's profile tho as well since he'd scale to them.

ugh i lowkey want to replay totk but at the same time i dont wanna start over lmaooo (cause i damn near 100% in one play through)

im having a random crave to replay it

Back