• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 1]

Dang are we still trying to use that stupid lancer calc. Again it is a pack of explosive not one big bomb. If you are invincible to one you are invincible to all. It’s literally like trying to scale to a full box of exploding grenades rather than the individual grenades in it. If you tank the first one none of the others should be able to do anything, they all have the same energy thus all fail. They are 6 ton bombs, if you immune to 6 tons it doesn’t matter how many 6 tons explosions hit you. They are different explosives even if they are right next to each other.
Agreed with this, queen lancer scaling don’t make much sense.

Like I said, not going to argue anything as I don't care for RWBY on this site all that much.

Best to ask another more knowledgeable Calc Group Member about this topic.

This is my last comment on this thread.
Thanks for your participation and correction, it’s appreciated.

Dang are we still trying to use that stupid lancer calc. Again it is a pack of explosive not one big bomb. If you are invincible to one you are invincible to all. It’s literally like trying to scale to a full box of exploding grenades rather than the individual grenades in it. If you tank the first one none of the others should be able to do anything, they all have the same energy thus all fail. They are 6 ton bombs, if you immune to 6 tons it doesn’t matter how many 6 tons explosions hit you. They are different explosives even if they are right next to each other.
Well, explosives a tad weird.

Like whats the difference between 0.0005kg of TNT, and 50 tons of TNT? Quantity CAN lead to potency if theyre all going off simultaneously, really depends if they all explode as one big boom or individually. If they blow up in sets like rapid fire and stuff yeah, sus, wrong, no good, but if it's just one huge **** off boom....
Show me the feat so i can judge it

Well, explosives a tad weird.

Like whats the difference between 0.0005kg of TNT, and 50 tons of TNT? Quantity CAN lead to potency if theyre all going off simultaneously, really depends if they all explode as one big boom or individually. If they blow up in sets like rapid fire and stuff yeah, sus, wrong, no good, but if it's just one huge **** off boom....
Show me the feat so i can judge it
We’ve never calculated bombs like that though. Heck as far as I’ve been told simultaneously explosions are a massive no go. For the obvious reason of that would inflate every feat ever. If two 9 tons guys punch you at once and you face tank it, are you 18 tons, no specific because you only need to tank 9 tons to be invincible to both. Same with grenades, two explode at the same time, it’s still only two 9 ton (6 tons in this case) explosion going off. You are immune to the energy of both explosives.

Same with Rwby here, it’s multiple different crates of multiple different explosive. Nowhere is that even close to being a single bomb (plus some of those crates contain ice and lightning dust as shown by the last explosion while the original feat comes purely from fire dust that gets the yield).

I don’t know how to post photos on here so here’s at least two of them not exploding at once, some more went off screen and some could have exploded shortly after the first hidden by the explosion of those ones. I don’t think it matters anyways.

Edit: Just reread the calc and it does account for the different dust. Though then it seems it is also counting the four know to have fire dust, but two of those could have been the ones that flew off and exploded later.

Last edited:
I don’t know how to post photos on here so here’s at least two of them not exploding at once, some more went off screen and some could have exploded shortly after the first hidden by the explosion of those ones. I don’t think it matters anyways, but if it does we now how two ways the calc is wrong (different dust and two that clearly won’t be included in the yield).
That'd still be 8-B if even like 3 or 4 of them exploded simultaneously on it given the total kg weight of the explosives yield
We’ve never calculated bombs like that though. Heck as far as I’ve been told simultaneously explosions are a massive no go. For the obvious reason of that would inflate every feat ever. If two 9 tons guys punch you at once and you face tank it, are you 18 tons, no specific because you only need to tank 9 tons to be invincible to both. Same with grenades, two explode at the same time, it’s still only two 9 ton (6 tons in this case) explosion going off. You are immune to the energy of both explosives.
This would be right normally but as chariot has said a higher exploive load would equate to a much higher blast yield if they're exploding simultaneously and are still relatively grouped together which they are. This seems needlessly nitpicky

Like yeah if I can completely tank one grenade explosion unharmed them sure throwing them back to back wouldn't do anything to me but bundling 500 grenades together in a large crate and exploding them on me at once would yield a drastically higher explosive yield so its not the same if two guys who are scale to 9 tons of AP punching me, ofc that wouldn't make the hits 18 tons. This would be a completely different case than something like that

But that’s the same as two grenades going off. I didn’t mean back to back. I meant in the original comment if two grenades explode on me at once that’s still two separate grenades going off with the yield of both being a thing you already tank.

Plus half of the bombs possibly not being in the calc drastically changed the result. That’s straight up half. I mean that since the calc only counts 4 boxes as having fire dust, we have no way to know the two that didn’t explode and the one that flew off where those boxes as the scene cuts multiple times with the boxes flying randomly. I see you missed my edit of when I rechecked the calc, which is a bit on me.

We’ve never calculated bombs like that though.
We have, a lot, tbh a few actually are very suspect, a handful of feats like that actually, im just saying it CAN be legit if the cards fold right.
Heck as far as I’ve been told simultaneously explosions are a massive no go. For the obvious reason of that would inflate every feat ever. If two 9 tons guys punch you at once and you face tank it, are you 18 tons,
No because youre being hit in two different spots, by two different things, different area and all that, they arent actually one.

Explosions differ, they can become one. Well, they can't, but the super baby explanation is basically that.
no specific because you only need to tank 9 tons to be invincible to both. Same with grenades, two explode at the same time, it’s still only two 9 ton (6 tons in this case) explosion going off. You are immune to the energy of both explosives.
JoJo has an 8-C multi grenade feat actually, like a dozen explode at once and make one big fireball that blows out a building and pulps a floor of reinforced concrete. That's actually an example of what I mean. Not withstanding a dozen grenades cant even do that, or even a 100, but ya know, that's beside the point.
AS said, explosions weird. An explosion isnt a punch, or a kick, or this or that, quantity CAN inflate potency. It's like, literally think of it as how Goku and Vegeta fused blasts against Broly or some shit.
Like, you could tank 0.001 grams of TNT irl, but could you tank 100 tons? Of course not.
Same with Rwby here, it’s multiple different crates of multiple different explosive. Nowhere is that even close to being a single bomb (plus some of those crates contain ice and lightning dust as shown by the last explosion while the original feat comes purely from fire dust).
That don't really matter, what matters, is the insuing blast. Is it all one big blast? If it's one, it's fine, if it's like rapid fire blasts then nah.

Now, the feat is ******.

Went frame by frame, at least 4 didnt explode at the same time, and if they didn't, we cant say shit about the rest, as for all we know the case that did explode might just be obscuring some.
So, yeah, the 8-A Queen Calc IS ******, BUT, if they DID explode all at once into one big fireball, it would have been ok.

"At least [One], likely higher" type deal
like we have no idea how many went off, wasnt all so 8-A def ******, even 2 would be 8-B, but we dont know, might be, might not, hence the likely higher, and the "at least" because, well she ate that shit anyway, big upscale off at least one, that's my thoughts, not that i give a **** ngl

“Went frame by frame, at least 4 didnt explode at the same time, and if they didn't, we cant say shit about the rest, as for all we know the case that did explode might just be obscuring some.”
(Referring to Chariot’s comment)
So pretty much what I thought, glad to have said to check it scene by scene. Like I have no problem with the scene just felt the delivery was extremely weird. Also glad to have you go onto further clarification with explosives and how they can be a bit of a big edge case with things.

I’m not sure if that one can scale to others because it’s heat based, but if they have a reason to scale glad the blog is here. That isn’t to be a downer on it, just purely heat is hard to scale to nowadays.

I’m not sure if that one can scale to others because it’s heat based, but if they have a reason to scale glad the blog is here. That isn’t to be a downer on it, just purely heat is hard to scale to nowadays.
Heat and cold based feats in RWBY are sadly pretty unscaleable as Aura gives people direct resistances to Extreme Heat and Cold.

I listed some more arguments in the general RWBY thread. I want to get more thoughts in them before I make a CRT.

Heat and cold based feats in RWBY are sadly pretty unscaleable as Aura gives people direct resistances to Extreme Heat and Cold.
You could potentially scale Post-Beacon Weiss to this specific feat with Fire Dust since they mentioned in Volume 2 that Cinder uses it by Dustweaving it into her clothing when not relying on her half of the Fall Maiden powers.

Back