• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Revisions II: Daggerfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Alduin be at least 2-A in his True Form? His Death in Skyrim echoed the entire 4-D multiverse, and his presence threatens the Greedy Man (Lorkhan) into fleeing.

It just echoed across a single timeline, not the entire multiverse.

Matt/Ultima should be able to answer the second one.

I was referring the Adulagga. Greedy Man was basically Lorkhan before the split, and he had to flee after Alduin found out about their scheme. Secondly, Alduin is considered Akatosh in the book written by an Imperial apostle talking about how Nords misunderstood about Time. Akatosh is pretty much 1-C solidly.

Ultima Reality said:
Alduin doesn't really have feats which put him at that level, he is portrayed as weaker than the Aedra, and Miraak, who is far stronger than him, was easily killed by Herma-Mora, and is only that powerful because of him.

Meanwhile the Avatar of Akatosh stomped a fully-manifested Mehrunes Dagon and repaired the barriers which protect Mundus from Oblivion.

Don't take the Aldudagga literally. The Greedy Man being defeated by Alduin and then trapped inside a mountain that doesn't exist is just one of the many ways the battle between Aka and Lorkhan in the Dawn Era is remembered by mortals.

And since it's in the Dawn Era, it doesn't apply to non-Dawn Time.

Ultima Reality said:
Ultima Reality said:
Alduin doesn't really have feats which put him at that level, he is portrayed as weaker than the Aedra, and Miraak, who is far stronger than him, was easily killed by Herma-Mora, and is only that powerful because of him.

Meanwhile the Avatar of Akatosh stomped a fully-manifested Mehrunes Dagon and repaired the barriers which protect Mundus from Oblivion.
The case of Miraak was pretty much due to LDB weaken him greatly. Herma-Mora could have rekt him early on, but as you can see, Miraak casually controls the parts of Apocrypha like his house and Mora can't even stop his Daedric spawns from obeying Miraak. It means that Mora couldn't easily rekt Miraak by himself.

StarSlayer666 said:
Could someone explain me what's an aspect/avatar of a being?
Think of it like sticking your finger into a fishbowl; to the fish you're some godlike pillar of flesh, but it's only a small part of yourself that you can retract and put back in there at any time.

Both Miraak and the Dragonborn were being manipulated by Herma-Mora the whole time. This is left pretty clear in the game itself, as well as in secondary sources such as Primas. Miraak even says Mora is laughing at both of them as they fight.

And like I said, Herma-Mora is the reason behind Miraak's absurd power, and the Dragonborn becomes powerful enough to defeat him by reading Mora's Black Books.

Think of it like sticking your finger into a fishbowl; to the fish you're some godlike pillar of flesh, but it's only a small part of yourself that you can retract and put back in there at any time.

so it's basically a manifestation of a higher-dimensional being but with less dimensions? why do they use avatars?

They are on par with Alduin in their avatars lmao. The Celestial Serpent's Avatar was going to do the same thing Alduin does, eat the world and reset it to the Dawn Era.

Their true forms are so powrful they'd destroy the Mundus just by entering it.

Wait, Alduin is a god of sorts, how was the Dragonborn able to just kill him like that? I mean, the action broke the Kalpic cycle, so I'm pretty sure it's safe to safe that he is dead for good.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I mean, I certainly never interpreted it as him dying, just being sucked back up by Akatosh for his failure (or something).

And yet another reason I need to go through Skyrim again (especially since I haven't done anything Dawnguard or Dragonborn related).

So, what? The Nordic aspect of Akatosh is just gone, like that?

Pretty sure that goes against all previously accepted rules for divine beings.

Either that, or he got sucked back up by the Big Dragon Daddy.

Alduin isn't a full-god like the Et'Ada. And pretty sure Aka can just reabsorb his aspect and make it so that he doesn't come back.

Much like the Dovahkiin absorbing dragon souls means that those extremely minor shards don't exist anymore either.

Would Paarthurnax be Low 2-C due to challenging Alduin? I mean, he does actively help out with your battle against him and the other dragons don't seem to have any qualms with following him after the Big A is gone.

This thread is getting real long. Anybody mind opening a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back