• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fhis is Excalibur Sonic, so hems obviously gonna start with his dura negging sword
maxresdefault.jpg

The sword acts to kill and incapacitate opponents due to it's state of mind, as shown with their fights against the Knights of the Round Table and the King Arthur, Excalibur's power and sentience was one of the factors that allowed Sonic to kill Arthur before harnessing the other swords.
Does it care about people's morals and acts at all?

After reading over the thread

Sonic: 7 (Gabs22_Gamer, Maverick Zero X, JED, sanicspood, Ottavio_Merluzzo, TauanVictor, Sonicflare9)

Goku: 5 (FluffyCreatureZ, SemiRaedi, Dust_Collector, LephyrTheRevanchist, CBslayeR)

Last edited:
After reading over the thread

Sonic: 8 (Gabs22_Gamer, Maverick Zero X, JED, sanicspood, Ottavio_Merluzzo, TauanVictor, Sonicflare9)

Goku: 5 (FluffyCreatureZ, SemiRaedi, Dust_Collector, LephyrTheRevanchist, CBslayeR)
mind quoting all the votes i have not counted yet?

He does. He spammed instant transmission in his battle with copy vegeta. He used IT against jiren too in ep.123. And many other opponents
Not interdimensionally. And I also am starting to consider another possibility. If the sword goes wild, he can try and paralyze. And I do believe he can survive enough to pull it off.

Because he doesn't fight like that. Pure and simple.
I'm not implying Goku would teleport to another dimension if that's what you meant lol.

But if your implying Goku wouldn't use instant transmission to save himself from getting hit by a sword that travels kilometres very quickly under speed equalised then I want to know why

Not interdimensionally. And I also am starting to consider another possibility. If the sword goes wild, he can try and paralyze. And I do believe he can survive enough to pull it off.
Now I get the confusion, I added the interdimensional range part just to show that Goku easily has the range with instant transmission to avoid the sword, not that he would actually run off to King Kai mid fight.

Actually there are no set techniques or fighting styles Goku uses to fight. He uses all that he knows and what is appropriate in the fight, the only thing that changes is the type of opponent he's fighting which impacts his mind set, so if he's casual or if he's serious or if he's super serious or angry. Here he'll probably be serious so he'll just go for a knockout, he won't pulverize sonic.

Goku got enhance senses and ki(life energy) sensing. He can definitely detect the danger that sonic poses with the sword. He will try to end it as quickly as possible.
Goku FRA

So, does anyone know if Goku can tk Sonic's sword off his hands? That would cement it in my mind that Goku may win most likely than not.

Because if not, imma have to retract my vote if the sword goes wild at the mere presence of Goku.

Don't like having unknowns, personally.

Edit: Or even just paralyze in general, really. That would be more than enough.

Edit 2: ... although Goku doesn't have any reason to simply try and tank the sword. He could catch it in his hands and just punch GG. Many many possibilities and variables.

Meh, I guess I'll keep my vote.

Goku got enhance senses and ki(life energy) sensing. He can definitely detect the danger that sonic poses with the sword. He will try to end it as quickly as possible.
Goku FRA
Why would Sonic's sword look to Goku any different than say, Trunks' sword?

Besides, Goku certainly didn't try to end it quickly with Beerus even though he literally said he would destroy the entire planet. Same goes to Frieza in his arc. And Vegeta

Here he'll probably be serious so he'll just go for a knockout, he won't pulverize sonic.
Yes, while Sonic is going to hit him with a sword that has massive AoE range, under speed equal Goku has minor chances of trying to react in a case like this.
So, does anyone know if Goku can tk Sonic's sword of his hands? That would cement it in my mind that Goku my win most likely than not.
He doesn't try to TK someone's weapon even in-character, he didn't do that even when Trunks tested him as far as I recall and he doesn't have the LS to cover this gap.
Because if not, imma have to retract my vote if the sword goes wild at the mere presence of Goku.
Which I have confirmed in my other comments. The sword only acts to chose who wields the crown, and it serves for offensive purposes.

Goku can has intent sensing and analytical prediction, he also won't underestimate sonic despite the AP gap so he'll likely not block, if he does block and gets sliced, he'll just get serious.
Yes, while Sonic is going to hit him with a sword that has massive AoE range, under speed equal Goku has minor chances of trying to react in a case like this.
Not really impressive, Goku can dodge, or instant transmission or block it with a ki attack or SSJ GG.

He doesn't try to TK someone's weapon even in-character, he didn't do that even when Trunks tested him as far as I recall and he doesn't have the LS to cover this gap.
No evil intent, no need to.

Here, a sword is going wild at his face. He immediately went TK against Broly for almost the same thing to calm him down (though God Bind is a different technique, but same principle). He has more reasons than not to try to avoid and/or try to calm Sonic down and/or talking him out of it. He doesn't know the sword is the reason he's essentially a maniac in his eyes. He has reason to try and stop him and has the means to.

No evil intent, no need to.

Here, a sword is going wild at his face. He immediately went TK against Broly for almost the same thing to calm him down (though God Bind is a different technique, but same principle). He has more reasons than not to try to avoid and/or try to calm Sonic down and/or talking him out of it. He doesn't know the sword is the reason he's essentially a maniac in his eyes. He has reason to try and stop him and has the means to.
Goku didn't learned God Bind at this point. That's a technique he developed after the ToP, which is way later

EDIT: Oh it's Post-BoG Base Goku. Even better since Goku has no mean to TK in Base form even if Post ToP Goku would be used, and he don't

Sonic is amuch weaker fighter than goku. So goku will not have any interest in him. Trunks on the other hand had a comparable power level to goku so he let trunks attack him with the sword. With sonic that won't be the case. A simple glare or shockwave or ki blast will end the battle.
Besides, Goku certainly didn't try to end it quickly with Beerus even though he literally said he would destroy the entire planet. Same goes to Frieza in his arc. And Vegeta
In all three of the battles you mentioned, goku was weaker than his opponents. Beerus was much stronger than goku. Goku had to use kioken against vegeta and he was completely helpless against oozaru vegeta.
Aginst frieza, he was slightly stronger than frieza as a super saiyan. And he ended the battle in under 5 minutes. In most of the frieza fight, prior to ssj, he was getting stomped

also when grace ends and people are still argueing i like to not request the match immediately so i can give then a chance to argue

Context matters.

Trunks didn't harbor any evil intent.

Vegeta? Couldn't, kaioken limit.
Frieza? Couldn't, too weak. (And Resurrection F, he got cocky, primarily, after already beaten him)
Beerus? He was learning to adjust in his new form and power and enjoyed himself too much.

Sonic is amuch weaker fighter than goku. So goku will not have any interest in him. Trunks on the other hand had a comparable power level to goku so he let trunks attack him with the sword. With sonic that won't be the case. A simple glare or shockwave or ki blast will end the battle.
And Sonic would simply revive himself with the soul gauge and hax Goku, so AP at least at first doesn't matter
In all three of the battles you mentioned, goku was weaker than his opponents. Beerus was much stronger than goku. Goku had to use kioken against vegeta and he was completely helpless against oozaru vegeta.
Aginst frieza, he was slightly stronger than frieza as a super saiyan. And he ended the battle in under 5 minutes. In most of the frieza fight, prior to ssj, he was getting stomped
I didn't knew SSJ Goku was weaker than Frieza but ok

Why would he try to get serious if he is instantly get KO'd by the attack? He isn't like trying to power null the whole thing right off the bat.
Oh no don't worry he won't get cut, I'm just saying that if we discard logic and assume Goku's gonna block a sword like he did with trunks he'll like lose a finger or something then end sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back