• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic vs Goku (strongest 5th 5-D character. Not smurf)

Okay sooo... Goku being deprived of his CM and Info hax is a massive "Oof" for him here. All he can rely on now is the Time manipulation he got from TP atm.

Problem here is that Goku never used his abilities in offensive way but rather he always used it in defensive way aka as a resistance which makes sense given he is a brawler for the most part and not a mage. So uhh... Yeah... He would likely lose in this case given Sonic is much more into using his abilities unlike Goku.
Wouldn't sonic get bodied by Arale then?

ok, given the Speed equal of this match and that Goku's Aura can't bypass Sonic's due to the latter being conceptual, this is my take:

Sonic:
  • Haxes that can one shot Goku like Info type 2, Concept type 1
  • An explosive Aura to attack and push Goku away if he comes too close
  • Can escape Goku's BFR with his Superior range
  • Invulnerability so that Goku's AP advantage is not much relevant even with his Explossive Aura
  • Purification and emphatic manip to purify Goku's Emotions and make him not want to fight anymore
  • Due to Chaos Energy's Conceptual nature, Goku can't really affect it to hax it, Sonic himself however he can
i guess that is about it for the relevant stuff for this match

as for Goku:
  • the non Aura passive version of his Existence and Non Existence erasures could erase Sonic, since it wouldn't need to travel the aura to reach him
  • his time stops and manipulation scale to 2 temporal dimensions, bypassing Sonic's resistances, so he could just stop Sonic in time to finish him
  • More layered Fate manipulation to make himself win, altho i don't remember if it can still affect acau type 4 beings, also isn't passive
  • Subjective reality to just.....wish Sonic away

My vote? eeeehhh, i would like more discussion about which of Goku's wincons are IC for him to use, and maybe i forgot some, i dunno, would also like more discussion in general
Subjective Reality is passive, as it's an effect that happened passively in verse.

Correct me but his RW would work on multiversal+ scale (5D), correct?
Yeah, it's 5-D.

Also invulnerability doesn't matter due to Goku's attacks having Durability Negation.

Meaning that if Sonic can't defend himself against that, the UT aura can just one shot him passively (good old Ki Crush)

Yeah, it's 5-D.

Also invulnerability doesn't matter due to Goku's attacks having Durability Negation.

Meaning that if Sonic can't defend himself against that, the UT aura can just one shot him passively (good old Ki Crush)
What about the Passive Causality Manipulation Sonic has

Can we change this to Starfall Super Sonic?

I plan to remove Hyper Sonic from Modern in the future (spoilers) and this match is fun so I want it to stay. It also basically changes nothing as this isn't really an AP/Speed match anyways.

Can we change this to Starfall Super Sonic?

I plan to remove Hyper Sonic from Modern in the future (spoilers) and this match is fun so I want it to stay. It also basically changes nothing as this isn't really an AP/Speed match anyways.
is it cause it fits more with UT Goku cause they are both empowered by a otherworldly power source in a lower form

is it cause it fits more with UT Goku cause they are both empowered by a otherworldly power source in a lower form
That's actually a pretty good connection but also because I don't want the hassle of people wanting to create another bunch of threads for when I gut Modern's Hyper key.

So @Livinmeme mind changing it to Starfall Super instead of Hyper?

Goku:
  • Passive Existence Erasure
  • Passive Nonexistence Erasure
  • Passive Power Nullification
  • Passive Subjective Reality
  • Passive High Godly Negeation
  • Passive Absorption (Universe Tree)
  • Layered Fate Hax
  • Layered Text Manipulation
  • Layered Sealing
  • Layered Space-Time Manipulation
  • Dangerous Summons (I.E Arale, who absolutely murders Sonic)
Sonic:
  • Passive Causality Manipulation
  • Passive Conceptual Manipulation
  • Passive Information Manipulation
  • Passive Corruption
  • Invulnerability to AP
  • Purification
  • Emphatic Manipulation
Both:
  • Infinite Stamina
  • Immeasurable Speed
  • Immeasurable Lifting Strength
  • Explosive Aura
  • Law Manipultation

Anything to add to Sonic? this could be inconclusive!

The protective aura thingy isn't exactly accepted for Sonic. We discussed this with Greenshifter (and Omega as well) previously.
It isn't that it is protective, it is just that he has an aura around his body, which give the nature of chaos energy, would be affected by the TP aura to bypass it and reach Sonic

Subjective Reality is passive, as it's an effect that happened passively in verse.
Yeah, it creates timelines based on desires

But what i want to know is, how does Goku use it? What does he do with SR in character

Goku:

• Passive Power Nullification
His power null can't affect Chaos Energy

• Passive Subjective Reality
Depends on how he uses it IC
  • Passive High Godly Negeation
Why does this matter when Sonic doesn't have regeneration

• Passive Absorption (Universe Tree)
Of energy, which he can't do here for Chaos Energy

• Layered Text Manipulation
How would this help?

• Layered Sealing
Sonic has 6D range to still attack goky even if he send him to the COC, also depends on how IC it is for him to use it

• Layered Space-Time Manipulation
How often does he use it?

Sonic:
  • Passive Causality Manipulation
  • Passive Conceptual Manipulation
  • Passive Information Manipulation
  • Passive Corruption
  • Invulnerability to AP
  • Purification
  • Emphatic Manipulation
If this gets changed to Starfall Super Sonic then the corruption would corrupt his aura, and thus Goku himself

Also Sonic has blitz speed amps such as his boost and spin dash and homing attack, the conceptual, causality and info hax just need him to hit Goku once

Both:

• Immeasurable Speed
Speed equalized

• Immeasurable Lifting Strength
Sonic scales to moving a 6D object, so he has the advantage here on this

• Explosive Aura
  • Law Manipultation

Anything to add to Sonic? this could be inconclusive!
The ammount of hax matters as much as how they both use it IC, so i would like to hear clarification on how Goku uses his haxes first before voting myself

Goku doesn't use Subjective Reality actively.

It's an effect that triggers automatically.
Subjective reality would depend on what Goku want, it would depend on what he wants it to do, it being passive doesn't matter when it still depends on what Goku's IC actions and thoughts for it to work

So i ask again, what did it do for Goku when he had it? What did he used it for in his battle?

Subjective reality would depend on what Goku want, it would depend on what he wants it to do, it being passive doesn't matter when it still depends on what Goku's IC actions and thoughts for it to work
SBA gives a pretty cut and clear state of mind to both characters, which is "I wanna win".

Subjective Reality would make reality reflect such thoughts Goku has.

Does it take Time Energy to use Subjective reality? In the sense they have to shape the time power for it to become subjective?

Yeah, which was also his mindset in the fight against Fu that he used the form......i am asking what did it do for him when he had this mindset
How would I know what Goku has in mind specifically? That's just dumb.

We know it reflects one's thoughts and desires. Like Trunks wanted to save Gohan and he ended up saving Gohan.

What about reverting it to even before goku had the tree
It could work on paper, but if you wanna go down that route, I'd argue Goku's "I wanna win" initial thought would just lead him to win in a way he doesn't trigger the Causality hax.

We know it'd make Goku win, but the methodology could vary.

What about reverting it to even before goku had the tree
Tbf I think SBA would mean Goku always has the Universe Tree with him to give him UT power, meaning that there isn't any prior event where Goku didn't have it to revert back to. If the OP set it up where Goku starts in one form but can transition to UT then that'd be acceptable, but Goku here has it always so I don't think that works

It could work on paper, but if you wanna go down that route, I'd argue Goku's "I wanna win" initial thought would just lead him to win in a way he doesn't trigger the Causality hax.

We know it'd make Goku win, but the methodology could vary.
Wouldnt it still take a cause and effect method to do that

Back