• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is trying to equate Sonic being a combat prodigy and saying it's on the same level as Goku and how he is a combat prodigy, Goku has tons of feats showing his combat genius that trumps Sonic, a few have been posted now and you can feel free to ask instead of just assuming they are on the same level.
Intelligence: Gifted (Sonic's decades of combat experience have made him a skilled and powerful fighter, and he has even been hinted to train and practice by himself and with others. Specializing in a fluid, precise, and kinetic fighting style based on blitzing foes with a myriad of techniques that are based on all kinds of several fighting techniques ranging from Capoeira to straight up MMA fighting styles, along with Sonic's personal fighting style based on his species' ability to curl into a ball. Sonic's greatest asset is his superhuman speed, which he has demonstrated complete mastery over in any environment. Using his super-speed for high-speed offense and defense, Sonic is capable of running at a maximum tilt in straight lines, as well as in full tight circles and through sharp turns with full control over his momentum. He also boasts great acrobatic skills and agility along with enhanced reflexes that enable him to evade incoming hindrances with precise and delicate movements as well as to detect attacks beyond his field of vision. Additionally, Sonic excels in swordsmanship. With less than a day of training, he could best master swordsmen like the Knights of the Round Table. In addition to using advanced techniques, Sonic can apply his speed to his swordplay for quick and swift slashes, and become a buzzsaw by spinning with his sword, enabling him to slice clean through enemies. Sonic has also been shown to learn and adapt quickly to new situations, which allows him to notice patterns in his opponent's style and adapt to engage them in combat. Further testaments to his combat prowess include triumphs over martial art experts, "ultimate" mercenaries, powerful Gizoids, violent alien leaders, persistent super scientists, speedsters with comparable skills, and machines with years of research on his movement patterns.)
Everything I quoted in my previous comments are on the combat prowess and knowledge for the skill here, and I did post proof and situations about it.

Same thing here. Someone much weaker than he is not going to kill, so the argument is valid.
Sonic intends to harm Goku while Trunks intends to test Goku, Goku sensed Trunks would test him so he blocked, Goku would sense Sonic wants to harm him so he would dodge.

Completely different scenario, one with a guy who was holding back his power to see Goku's skill and another guy with a sword that durability negates and would therefore oneshot Goku on contact.

Goku wouldn't know the sword would durability negate him but he would know Sonic has the intent to harm him with said sword.

Off the top of my head a good skill feat for Sonic is when he beat Ultimate Emerl in hand-to-hand combat in less than 30 seconds, an android who possessed 4,000+ years of combat data and the skills and techniques of himself and his most powerful allies and rivals. How does Goku compare?

Off the top of my head a good skill feat for Sonic is when he beat Ultimate Emerl in hand-to-hand combat in less than 30 seconds, an android who possessed 4,000+ years of combat data and the skills and techniques of himself and his most powerful allies and rivals. How does Goku compare?
Cell's entire existence.

If, on the other hand, you want sheer numbers (which imo don't mean much, but I guess the site and I disagree on that), look no further than this guy. Who praised Goku for being a genius. Said praise came after Goku went for a total and absolute noob at god-level combat, to mastering it without realizing it and keeping up with Beerus. In mere minutes at worst.

Everything I quoted in my previous comments are on the combat prowess and knowledge for the skill here, and I did post proof and situations about it.
Here is Goku's skill:
"While he lacks knowledge when it comes to things that aren't related to fighting, Goku is a master of prodigal skill when it comes to martial arts, with years of experience fighting against powerful opponents with a plethora of abilities. His skill when it comes to combat and the usage of ki allows him to replicate other ki-based techniques after seeing them once. He is a genius in combat and is capable of devising new applications of his techniques on the fly, such as using Kamehameha with his feet"

"Before adapting to Hit's time stop, he was able to predict the movements he'd make in the 0.1 seconds of frozen time and react properly. "

Additionally he had his combat skills praised by a guy whose is this skilled:
" As the God of Destruction, Beerus possesses millions of years of fighting experience, casually defeating the entirety of the Z Fighters with nothing more than a bored expression on his face. Due to his tutelage under Whis, Beerus has mastered a wide variety of martial arts and has extensive knowledge of pressure points, allowing him to instantly incapacitate foes of Goku's caliber with a single attack. However, for all his power and experience, Beerus' inability to find a proper sparring partner (outside of Whis) in Universe 7 has left him in a constant state of boredom and moodiness. As a result, he will often drag out fights for their entertainment on the rare occasion that he does find someone who manages to catch his eye (as he did with Goku despite his ability to easily defeat him at any time). In addition, he is far more interested in trying Earth's cuisine than paying attention to important objectives or potentially cataclysmic events, such as ignoring Frieza's rampage while enjoying a sundae and watching from the sidelines (which, to be frank, was somewhat justified at the time by the fact that Beerus was still far above the conqueror in terms of power)"

He matches people whose skill says:
"he is incredibly skilled in combat and has a knack for mimicking ki techniques, even after only seeing them once. Kid Buu is monstrous and almost animalistic in intelligence but retains his skill in combat and in replicating other techniques."

"Despite his young age and technical lack of experience, Cell has inherited the knowledge and skill of those he was created from. His combat skill and knowledge of ki allows him to immediately and easily see through the weaknesses of Trunks' new transformation, and in combat, he easily matched Goku. He was able to outmaneuver and escape Piccolo"

"Vegeta is a cunning and skilled warrior whose refined technique shocked Goku during their first fight, leaving such a lasting impression that Goku wished for him to stay alive so that he could surpass him. "

"He is skilled at reading his opponent's movements and constantly thinks out his strategies and motions in combat, to the point that Whis says he overthinks things. "

"Hit lives up to his title of "Never-Miss Hit", having gone over a thousand years without failing in a single assassination and killing his targets with a single blow. Though his skills mostly lie in the realm of assassination, leaving him lacking when it comes to non-lethal combat, Hit is an extremely skilled martial artist all the same, relying on his precision and finesse. His casual stance in battle, with his hands tucked into his pockets, allows him to conceal the movements of his fists in conjunction with his Time-Skip, leaving opponents incapable of properly reacting to his attacks as he suddenly strikes their vital points before they realize he's throwing a punch. Hit's no-nonsense approach to combat is incredibly effective, as he quickly and efficiently dispatches any threat with brutal yet graceful ease"

And he can easily outskill people who are this skilled:
"Her remarkable intuitive combat nature makes her able to master styles and transformations mid battle"

This is just by going off the profiles intelligence section and not bringing up every individual feat from each and every character

Hey, Gabs, since you are main man with Sonic's arguments, what would be his mentality here and why? That can honestly change my vote.
Sonic's mentality varies a lot depending on the occasion he is facing, but he is usually not naturally bloodlusted to instantly go for kill without first try to analyze his opponent during combat, he is smart enough to take predictions based on the intent of the others and act in accordance as he did with Chaos before knowing his intentions. (Though Chaos was consumed by anger and sadness for ages before Sonic purified him)

Sonic intends to harm Goku while Trunks intends to test Goku, Goku sensed Trunks would test him so he blocked, Goku would sense Sonic wants to harm him so he would dodge.

Completely different scenario, one with a guy who was holding back his power to see Goku's skill and another guy with a sword that durability negates and would therefore oneshot Goku on contact.

Goku wouldn't know the sword would durability negate him but he would know Sonic has the intent to harm him with said sword.
I mean, this is OOC to Goku. In-character, he would try to block her, and thus be defeated.

Goku wouldn't try to dodge someone many times weaker than him. At best, he would only knock him out temporarily, as he has no intention of killing and would hold back as long as possible.

I gave some skill feats for goku above.
Anyway so both can one shot each other, goku incaps weaker opponenets IDK what sonic does but I'm assuming he'll cut goku, goku is more skilled since nobody came with skill feats for sonic any better than goku's so I guess Goku is more likely to hit so voting goku.

Sonic's mentality varies a lot depending on the occasion he is facing, but he is usually not naturally bloodlusted to instantly go for kill without first try to analyze his opponent during combat, he is smart enough to take predictions based on the intent of the others and act in accordance as he did with Chaos before knowing his intentions. (Though Chaos was consumed by anger and sadness for ages before Sonic purified him)
So both would at first feel each other out. That definitely will give Goku insentive to hold back, to see if Sonic is hiding more power. It is insanely debatable if he can realize that sword is deadly on mere contact.

Sonic, on the other hand, will most likely quickly realize that Goku is way out of his league in power. The question then reminds, again: Would he really try to kill someone that's not evil nor is trying to kill him?

I mean, this is OOC to Goku. In-character, he would try to block her, and thus be defeated.

Goku wouldn't try to dodge someone many times weaker than him. At best, he would only knock him out temporarily, as he has no intention of killing and would hold back as long as possible.
My whole argument is that Goku would just knock out Sonic, I was the first one to bring it up.

And it's absolutely in character for Goku to dodge sword strikes, he knew Trunks was trying to test him, you don't see Goku trying to actively block Goku Black's ki swords later on because he is aware that Goku Black has the intent to harm him unlike Trunks.

So both would at first feel each other out. That definitely will give Goku insentive to hold back, to see if Sonic is hiding more power. It is insanely debatable if he can realize that sword is deadly on mere contact.

Sonic, on the other hand, will most likely quickly realize that Goku is way out of his league in power. The question then reminds, again: Would he really try to kill someone that's not evil nor is trying to kill him?
Would Goku really try to see what Sonic can do when he has no knowledge of him besides the fact that he can sense that Sonic is a hundred times weaker than him? Seems more likely he will just knock out gg, look at what he did with Chappa for example.

Btw, Goku not transforming into Ssj against weaker opponents is not entirely true. He almost immediately went Ssj3 against Caulifla during the ToP because he got so motivated and excited (when Ssj2 was more than enough against her and Kale combined).

Goku also likes to teach, even opponents (again, Broly). So he might think that by transforming he can teach Sonic to try and surpass his limits.

He also likes to show off and is very proud of his achievements.

None of them will result in immediately taking Sonic out, tho. Unless he believes that he has had enough fun, then will immediately kiai or chop.

But yeah, something very curious indeed.

Would Goku really try to see what Sonic can do when he has no knowledge of him besides the fact that he can sense that Sonic is a hundred times weaker than him? Seems more likely he will just knock out gg, look at what he did with Chappa for example.
Chappa was annoying and disrespectful, if I remember correctly. He was also in a tournament and preferred to not waste any time.

Not an scenario that's really possible here. Goku deals all the time with people hiding their energy, so he would first explore the possibility of having found someone that's worth at least having some fun

Btw, Sonic not transforming into Ssj against weaker opponents is not entirely true. He almost immediately went Ssj3 against Caulifla during the ToP because he got so motivated and excited (when Ssj2 was more than enough against her and Kale combined).

Goku also likes to teach, even opponents (again, Broly). So he might think that by transforming he can teach Sonic to try and surpass his limits.

He also likes to show off and is very proud of his achievements.

None of them will result in immediately taking Sonic out, tho. Unless he believes that he has had enough fun, then will immediately kiai or chop.

But yeah, something very curious indeed.
Unless there is a prompt, the only thing I can assume is that Goku randomly stumbles across Sonic who they both have the feeling of fighting each other. Unlike in those other cases, Goku had some sort of motive in the fight but in this one he doesn't have any besides beating Sonic, especially since he knows nothing about him so I doubt Goku would try to have too much fun against a random opponent who at first glance is a 100x weaker than him. Therefore knockout gg
Not an scenario that's really possible here. Goku deals all the time with people hiding their energy, so he would first explore the possibility of having found someone that's worth at least having some fun
Fair enough but I still doubt a Goku with the SBA mentality will really try anything against a complete random, he will just go for a knockout strike, see if Sonic can survive it and was just hiding his energy, Sonic would get knocked out due to AP difference, Goku would realise he wasn't hiding his energy and continue his day.

mind stating each others wincons?
For Goku:
Basically abusing his skill advantage (which I firmly believe he possess) to gauge Sonic at first, most likely will drag the fight and eventually ko.

This is based on the assumption Sonic... Really doesn't have any reason to try and kill him, from what I can see. If he will despite everything, then it becomes a matter of if Goku can realize the sword will instantly kill him. And sadly, despite his insane skill feats, I don't remember him immediately changing battle tactics after experiencing the effects of an attack (at least fast enough to avoid it entirely), specially one that's aim to kill. And at that point, his personality is his greatest detriment here.

Which basically solidifies the foundation of my arguments, and as the starting distance is 4km apart from each other, Excalibur extends itself for greater reach with body control, that's basically thounsands of kilometers from the starting distance iirc. If Goku tries to block the sword then he gets cutted off not realizing how deadly it is if he tries to take a direct hit from it due to it's AoE.

Which basically solidifies the foundation of my arguments, and as the starting distance is 4km apart from each other, Excalibur extends itself for greated reach with body control, that's basically thounsands of kilometers from the starting distance iirc. If Goku tries to block the sword then he gets cutted off not realizing how deadly it is if he tries to take a direct hit from it due to it's AoE.
And why would Sonic do this? Again? Or does Excalibur act by itself and tries to kill non stop? Would Sonic let that happen? Why?

Once more, this literally is the crux of my vote.

vote for who?
If Sonic doesn't want nor have any reason to kill, and is mindful enough about his weapon to avoid a tragedy (isn't he still a good guy here?), then they basically will spar and Goku essentially wins whenever he is satisfied. That's my vote.

If not, then Sonic most likely wins because he doesn't care, lol.

Which basically solidifies the foundation of my arguments, and as the starting distance is 4km apart from each other, Excalibur extends itself for greater reach with body control, that's basically thounsands of kilometers from the starting distance iirc. If Goku tries to block the sword then he gets cutted off not realizing how deadly it is if he tries to take a direct hit from it due to it's AoE.
And why can't Goku use his interdimensional range instant transmission to dodge this lmao?

how large is the aoe?

And why would Sonic do this? Again? Or does Excalibur act by itself and tries to kill non stop? Would Sonic let that happen? Why?

Once more, this literally is the crux of my vote.
Excalibur is a sword that can act by it's own sentience, as shown when he takes Sonic for the crown and aids him for precise attacks when fighthing a myriad of different enemies. He was a fundamental weapon to nullify the durability offered by the scabbard iirc.

Excalibur is a sword that can act by it's own sentience, as shown when he takes Sonic for the crown and aids him for precise attacks when fighthing a myriad of different enemies. He was a fundamental weapon to nullify the durability offered by the scabbard iirc.
Excalibur wants to kill no matter what?

Goku FRA, I don't know why Sonic's arguments are "Instantly start using all of these hax I only used once and never again" even though Goku goes for incap in character

Excalibur wants to kill no matter what?
The sword acts to kill and incapacitate opponents due to it's state of mind, as shown with their fights against the Knights of the Round Table and the King Arthur, Excalibur's power and sentience was one of the factors that allowed Sonic to kill Arthur before harnessing the other swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back