• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos (With the Heart of The Universe) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to use separate cosmologies for each Marvel character.
Not each Marvel character, but our current composite cosmology for the cosmic entities does not really make any sense. However, I am not sure if we can realistically even fix it.

I agree that with the different iterations of the cosmology varying hugely, it should be fine to have an "at least low 2-C", but it should be made abundantly clear on the profile why the value is so little, or it would cause massive confusion.

If these marvel cosmology revisions are coming closer slowly too, it would be a good idea to begin noting this stuff on profiles as soon as possible, to help with them.

We are only preparing DC Comics cosmology revisions at the moment, and even that proceeds quite slowly. I am just complaining a bit about that our Marvel cosmology does not make much sense either at the moment. I hope that we will be able to figure out some solution eventually.

I am just suggesting to use "At least..., at most..." tiers for them, given that the composite cosmology scaling that we currently use is blatantly contradicted by the Starlin stories that they appeared in. Also, Starlin's most recent stories seem to have been treated as non-canon by Marvel's editorial department, so I am not sure if we should even feature the Above All Others and the cosmic regulator Thanos, for example.
Oh, I didn't know then you obviously need marvel's knowledge members here.

But if proven Above All Others and AR thanos ain't canon instead of deletion. We can put them as non canon counterparts maybe.

We are only preparing DC Comics cosmology revisions at the moment, and even that proceeds quite slowly. I am just complaining a bit about that our Marvel cosmology does not make much sense either at the moment. I hope that we will be able to figure out some solution eventually.
That's fair too. I wish I could help with that but I'm not knowledgeable enough on the comics to do anything more than offer calc service lol.

Low 2-C for the Infinity Gauntlet is not necessary it’s fine where it is currently. The Heart of the Universe should be 1-B or High 1-C, since it did absorb the Avatars of Eternity, Infinity, and The Living Tribunal who are Extradimensional.

If where not upgrading the True One-Above-All then The Above All Others and Regulator Thanos should be High 1-B or Low 1-A.

The composite tiers are probably mostly fine where they are currently. I am just saying that Starlin did not portray the characters or setting at anywhere near that scale himself.

Maybe that could be an idea for the future by the way? To keep the composite cosmology tiers side by side with the ones for specific prominent writers nd eras, such as the later 1980s/early 1990s, Hickman, Starlin, and Ewing?

I’m stil proposing a downgrade for Thanos with the Heart of the Universe tho.
In that case, I think we should use the explicitly demonstrated Starlin tiers as "At least" and the composite cosmology tiers as "at most", but I doubt that we will all be able to collaborate regarding that kind of project without thorough preparations.

But AAO and TOAA are one characters.
They are portrayed very differently, in both nature and scale of power. AAO is representative of Starlin's hatred of monotheism. It is portrayed as an in-universe petty self-absorbed tyrannical deity who simply rules over a lot of parallell universes. The OAA has repeatedly been interpreted or outright portrayed as Marvel's writers in a metafictional sense, and we scale it from a composite cosmology.

that the Heart of the Universe was explicitly shown to only be of retroactive universal scale, that Starlin's Living Tribunals only has authority over a single universe,
This is the thing that i tried telling you all. The Heart of the Universe only destroyed One Universe, albeit a Exradimensional one at that.

Well, in any case, I am not sure if it is realistic to apply any changes to Thanos and the AAO alone here. Perhaps we should close this thread, and start to make preparations after we are finished with DC Comics?

Last edited:
No. AAO is just an Avatar of TOAA. Even Thanos himself claimed that after he absorbed the power of The Above All Others, he claimed to just have a fraction of it’s power.
True but he did say he gained omnipotence or something like that.
They are portrayed very differently, in both nature and scale of power. AAO is representative of Starlin's hatred of monotheism. It is portrayed as an in-universe petty self-absorbed tyrannical deity who simply rules over a lot of parallell universes. The OAA has repeatedly been interpreted or outright portrayed as Marvel's writers in a metafictional sense, and we scale it from a composite cosmology.
This is true but I basically saw them as the same and I thought this wiki also did in a footnote.

True but he did say he gained omnipotence or something like that.
He also said that one day his hair will regrow a afro.

No, but on a serious note: Characters claim to be omnipotent all the time if Regulator Thanos was Omnipotent he wouldn’t have been able to be tricked and killed by his younger self.

Well, in any case, I am not sure if it is realistic to apply any changes to Thanos and the AAO alone here. Perhaps we should close this trhead, and start to make preparations after we are finished with DC Comics?
Can this still be used at a later date, when the Revisions are done?

just to let everyone know.

I told The_Impress about this and then drio who became my friend/follower. then decided to make this thread. (i'm sorry if i was the cause for all of this.)

but if this hotu debunked is true. i'm glad i did everyone a favor by bringing it up and allowing others to make a thread about this.

(if it's not true, then i'm sorry for bringing it up and the opposite effect happening)

You don’t have to apologize and be so sorry about everything, you have an opinion and your allowed to share it. You didn’t cause anything wrong, so don’t worry about it.

okay but it's just i started all this, even though i didn't create this one, by telling impress about it which caused this.

and maybe i should have never brought it up in the first place. aka when i first came to this wiki a few years ago.

(this is only if this stuff i brought up was wrong)

okay but it's just i started all this, even though i didn't create this one, by telling impress about it which caused this.

and maybe i should have never brought it up in the first place. aka when i first came to this wiki a few years ago.

(this is only if this stuff i brought up was wrong)
I advise you to stop stressing about things to much it’s just a debate site for fun no need to take things to a personal level and downplay on yourself it’s not necessary, i have seen you do it many times It’s just not good for you, the past is the past do not drag past events to the future if they are forgiven.

Aside from the fact the Heart of the Universe storyline is non-canon
Why is it non-canon
it should be noted that when Thanos absorbed Eternity, Infinity and the Living Tribunal, they were merely M-bodies.
Explicit proof? This isn't something I, as the debater, has to prove, burden of proof is on you why we shouldn't take it at face value
This is later proven when Thanos admits only the universe was destroyed.
The multiverse's existence isn't reliant on the Living Tribunal, moot point.
It’s pretty much Nonsense that Thanos absorbed the True Living Tribunal. Since The Living Tribunal has Megaversal Power, Thanos used all his power to only be able to recreate only One Universe
Statement claiming he used up all his powers?
It doesn’t make sense, if he actually absorbed The True Living Tribunal he would have been able to create Infinite Mulitverses if not more, but he wasn’t able to do so.
Why does he need to make Infinite Multiverses?
So in the end Thanos only absorbed an Avatar of The Living Tribunal not his True Form
I don't think M-Bodies randomly downscale.

I see. Won't be shocked tbf since Ultron was another dude that had non-616 keys listed, as they were artifacts of old profilemaking standards

Mate you're randomly bumping a thread while I have stuff to do, don't do shit like that :/

Would any of you be willing to help us out here?
I'm not terribly familiar with Marvel, but from what I understand the head editor of Marvel considers The End non-canon, and since Starlin's recent Infinity trilogy was based on that Thanos, they are also non-canon.

However, canon/non-canon doesn't particularly matter here. I think the evidence is clear that Starlin for whatever reason limited Thanos' event to this universe, or simply wasn't considering the idea of a multiverse when writing this.

This is kind of the bigger problem with Starlin comics in general. He ignores the continuity of the other writers, and the other writers ignore him. He's off in his own private Thanos-Is-King world that the rest of Marvel turns a blind eye to. We can scale him to the greater multiverse, but I don't necessarily think it would be in keeping with what's actually in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back