• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos (With the Heart of The Universe) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanos with The Heart of The Universe is not stronger then The Living Tribunal.

And here’s why.

Aside from the fact the Heart of the Universe storyline is non-canon it should be noted that when Thanos absorbed Eternity, Infinity and the Living Tribunal, they were merely M-bodies.

7788592-cfjuhqp.jpg

Comic = Marvel : The End Vol 1 #6

This is later proven when Thanos admits only the universe was destroyed.

7788617-rco012_1583491069.jpg

It’s pretty much Nonsense that Thanos absorbed the True Living Tribunal. Since The Living Tribunal has Megaversal Power, Thanos used all his power to only be able to recreate only One Universe. It doesn’t make sense, if he actually absorbed The True Living Tribunal he would have been able to create Infinite Mulitverses if not more, but he wasn’t able to do so. So in the end Thanos only absorbed an Avatar of The Living Tribunal not his True Form.

So I suggest a Downgrade for Thanos with The Heart of the Unjverse, to maybe High 1-C or Low 1-C, since he did absorb an Avatar of Eternity which is at least 6-D.

I'm neutral on this, but we're going to need some input from Marvel experts and possible other Tier 1 experts.

Starlin’s cosmology isn’t Canon tho, but even ignoring that, he several highballs Thanos in certain Stories, To the point where it’s just not consistent to his Canon Counterpart.

Where?
In one of Jim Stalin's Infinity series, Thanos says Adam Warlock is as strong as Eternity and Infinity and has the potential to become a Living Tribunal.

What does Adam Warlock have to do with this, tho?
Jim Stalin's Tribunal is one in every universe, and the one hotu knocked down is real.

And If you think that Jim Stalin's cosmology is not Cannon, you may not think that hotu, who knocked down the actual Tribunal, is stronger than other writers' Tribunal because the hotu issue is not using Cannon cosmology.

Jim Stalin's Tribunal is one in every universe, and the one hotu knocked down is real.

And If you think that Jim Stalin's cosmology is not Cannon, you may not think that hotu, who knocked down the actual Tribunal, is stronger than other writers' Tribunal because the hotu issue is not using Cannon cosmology.
I have a couple problems with that, first of all HOTU did not beat the Actual Living Tribunal just an Avatar, show me a scan that proves otherwise. Second of all if it is not using Canon cosmology then the Feat shouldn’t even be counted in a Canon profile of Thanos in the first place, otherwise Mr. Mxy should be immeasurable high into Tier 0 and be one of the strongest Fictional Characters due to destroying All of DC, and The “Real World” In the World’s funniest storyline, which isn’t Canon. Third of All: Where is it stated that Stalin’s Tribunal is stronger then other Writers’s Tribunal? If we go by anything he should be weaker then other Writers’s Tribunal, because if Thanos did actually absorb the True Living Tribunal, he should have had the power to recreate the entire Omniverse of Marvel, but he wasn't able too he was only capable of recreating one universe. So this Tribunal was stil just an Avatar.

I have a couple problems with that, first of all HOTU did not beat the Actual Living Tribunal just an Avatar, show me a scan that proves otherwise.
Because, as you say, Jim Stalin doesn't use Cannon cosmology. Jim Stalin explicitly described every universe as having one Tribunal and never mentioned it as an M-Body

Your only proving my point that the Tribunal that got absorbed is just an In-Universe Avatar, otherwise he wouldn’t have been shown to have Megaversal Power, and would just be Universal.

Adam was able to be a tribunal because he had the essence of Adam's real tribunal, not Thanos' real tribunal.

Thanos's Tribunal is the one that lost to the Beyonders.

Thanos, who absorbed the Adam Tribunal, has become all the main components of 'a reality'.

This shows that each universe's Tribunal is not an avatar from a single Tribunal and is on a similar level.

I disagree. While yes, both Starlin and Hickman uses the notion that TLT has M-Bodies -sometimes, this comic is different. Here, Thanos destroys the real TLT. Also, the M-Bodies started appearing much much later for these two.

Additionally, Adam replaced the true TLT, not a universal one. The main TLT was dead in Hickman's run, and Adam took his place to being forth balance.

Yes, Starlin said there m bodies for TLT, but when the real one died by the hand of Beyonders, Adam had to get up and replace the true one. I am sorry, but you don't know the full context as you are next to Marvel comics. I recommend reading everything written by Hickman for secret wars and then Starlin's this + infinity saga from 2013/14 onwards and then try to make such a huge change to a character.

And yes, marvel the End is canon, 10000%. Starlin's infinity makes this canon, as well as every other Thanos comic.

In short, I disagree for many reasons.

Starlin’s cosmology isn’t Canon tho
It is canon tho.... It works quite well with the rest of the cosmology, but albeit slightly different. Since we are using a composite cosmology, there is no non canon cosmology. Everything is canon, unless someone wants to separate 80 years worth of cosmology into multiple writers and stuff. That's a lot of work tho.

It is canon tho.... It works quite well with the rest of the cosmology, but albeit slightly different. Since we are using a composite cosmology, there is no non canon cosmology. Everything is canon, unless someone wants to separate 80 years worth of cosmology into multiple writers and stuff. That's a lot of work tho.
bKEnaWy.gif

One last message, as I said earlier, you have minimal understanding of the characters, lore and cosmology so far, so please don't try to downgrade too many characters lol.

While I do agree that the 1-As of Marvel seems quite exaggerated, but as I told someone else, if you want to downgrade big stuff like this, then do something about the Cosmology first. Downgrade that first or revise in a way where a downgrade like this will go through.

However, Starlin's version of cosmology is insane high, even higher/bigger than Ewing's, so I don't see any downgrades happening myself

Jim Stalin doesn't use Cannon cosmology
I don't know about that mate. His cosmology goes quite well with what he established for the most parts, alongside the likes of Roy Thomas and doc strange/f4 writers, there are a few differences, but not by an insane degree. The only place I see some contradictions is from newer stories/writers who ignore quite a bit

Can you show me scan or evidence that this is in fact an m-body of TLT, which wasn't even a thing back then?

It’s pretty obvious that it is an M-Body, since: Thanos only absorbed and recreated a single universe, whereas the rest of the multiverse suffered no effects from his actions, it was likely just a Manifestation Body/weak avatar of the Tribunal. If it was the True Living Tribunal, then Thanos would have been able to recreate the entire Omniverse of Marvel but he wasn’t able too and it’s not like Thanos isn’t intelligent enough that he doesn’t know how to use his powers either he is insanely intelligent, and would know how to recreate everything so, he just was not powerful enough to be on the Actual Living Tribunal’s level. If he had absorbed the True Living Tribunal he would have been able to recreate everything that The Tribunal Embodies but he couldn’t, like Thanos admits it On-Panel, that he only destroyed One Universe, The Living Tribunal exists beyond all Multiverses of Marvel, so it wouldn’t make sense if Thanos did absorb The True Living Tribunal with all his powers and not be able to recreate what The Living Tribunal embodies.

7788617-rco012_1583491069.jpg

That doesn't disprove the fact that he did destroy THE Living Tribunal. Again, destroying a single universe isn't an anti feat you think it is. And TLT has gotten involved with low tier matters before too, and it was the real TLT. And TLT has been destroyed (Hickman's run for example) and it didn't cause an omniversal destruction or some crap like that. He isn't like eternity, he can be killed and not cause damage to the creation. As TLT said many times in the past, he is just a judge of a higher power.

And if you do read the rest of the comic, Thanos talks about higher God and stuff like that.

I will need to reread the comic to post some scans, but not sure if I can today, hopefully tomorrow.

I honestly don't know what else to say lol. The evidence is rather clear in the story, and the stuff that came after it, which OP hasn't read it, I know because he is new to marvel comics. Starlin comics needs understanding of proper cosmology, lore and characters/their conceptual placement.

Until he does that, I feel like this will be going in circles.

I honestly don't know what else to say lol. The evidence is rather clear in the story, and the stuff that came after it, which OP hasn't read it, I know because he is new to marvel comics. Starlin comics needs understanding of proper cosmology, lore and characters/their conceptual placement.

Until he does that, I feel like this will be going in circles.
Do you have some kind of clairvoyance or are you a super genius👀 how do you know his new to marvel comics. Tho I have to confess I don't read marvel book or don't like reading their books only few characters books I read and barely cause I'm a fan.

Thor
Spiderman
Franklin Richards
Galactus

I only read books at times that involves them.

Oh, the OP himself said so in a different thread.

But that's fair. Some of the comics they make are fun, like Daredevil, but there are some disappointing ones. Can never have all good oof

Also I don't see the sentry there, disgusting

I just seemed to suddenly dislike him in king in black tho he did have a universal feat before he got ripped apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back