• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos (With the Heart of The Universe) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I literally explained how he didn't destroy just one universe, but all... And I also explained how Adam Warlock survived.

Comics are weird with their synonyms. World is used to refer to universe, universe to whole creation sometimes. Not my fault, now, is it?

Can you prove this at least

If TLT has avatars then a thread should be made to apply that in his profile, even if it matters little in Marvel as a whole. That should have gone first before the downgrade in this thread, or with both topics one after another in the same thread.
M body of TLT didn't start appearing until the 2010s to my recalling, this comic came out in 2003 and if you read the story, it's blatant that this wasn't an m body, but the real TLT.

And TLT M bodies made like what? 1? 2 appearances? 3? Can't even remember because how insignificant it is.

It was just one universe.
Bro read the comic again. The last 3 issues. It wasn't just one universe. Just because he says universe, he doesn't mean just universe. He literally mean everything else in it. That's common in fiction. Universe is often used as a synonym for everything.

Link to what? Universe being used as a synonym for everything?

All it takes is one Google search and you will find gazillion of them. And same with the world = universe.

Question; have you or have you not read the comic where Thanos gets HoTU and destroy MU?

Just making sure I didn't misunderstand anything

30810610.jpg

So he did only destroy and recreate the universe meaning one universe.

Sigh.

Here are your problems.
  1. You haven't read the comic, or the ones around it, so you don't know any of the context
  2. I explicitly mentioned he is talking about more than just a singular universe, but at this point I am speaking to a wall.
  3. You are using a completely different story, with different plot and weapon/upgrade to justify a downgrade for a different one. Also read the comic, you will get your answer for that too.

The Heart of The Universe is a Non-Canon Universe where The Living Tribunal was defeated by a Universe level power source which isn't logical to a being who can withstand much more than that. It is confirmed that The Heart of The Universe is Non-Canon.

If you now still not agree, then it’s just best to close this. Because i have proven that it is only one universe. Meaning it was just an Avatar of the Tribunal.

It is canon. It takes place directly after infinity abyss and is referenced many times and plays a huge role in Thanos as a character.

And on that note, I am out. I have wasted enough time and entertained this for far too (took over 3 hours combined of my total day, wasted), so peace. Do whatever you desire with it. Downgrade the verse to 2c because it's much easier and less complicated that way.

But I do recommend, anyone who wants to give input here or similar threads, to actually read the comics itself.

Sigh.

Here are your problems.
  1. You haven't read the comic, or the ones around it, so you don't know any of the context
  2. I explicitly mentioned he is talking about more than just a singular universe, but at this point I am speaking to a wall.
  3. You are using a completely different story, with different plot and weapon/upgrade to justify a downgrade for a different one. Also read the comic, you will get your answer for that too.
1: I know the context actually because I gathered alot of scans that i showed earlier and it’s just an Avatar of the Tribunal that got absorbed.
2: it’s just one universe.
3: doesn’t matter it still centers around the Heart of the Universes’s power, and statin that Thanos only recreated one universe. I’m not using a different weapon it’s literally the Heart of the Universe, are you blind?
It is canon. It takes place directly after infinity abyss and is referenced many times and plays a huge role in Thanos as a character.
It’s not canon at all I think that the wall I’m speaking to is you, you list yourself as a Marvel supporter when you don’t know shit.

And on that note, I am out. I have wasted enough time and entertained this for far too (took over 3 hours combined of my total day, wasted), so peace. Do whatever you desire with it. Downgrade the verse to 2c because it's much easier and less complicated that way.
You are severely overexaggerating this, i never said that the verse should be 2-C are you dumb?

I will leave it at that as well.

Last edited:
What was the point of your comment besides starting the argument again? We both rested our cases, there was no need for this comment at all.

Nevermind people are apparently unable to keep their gamer moments to themselves.

I'm closing the ******* thread. Act like adults next time or don't make the thread.

I unlocked this thread again. I think that the suggestion of using separate tiers that use the power levels established by Starlin himself as "At least..." and the levels that would fit with overall composite Marvel canon as "possibly..." has merit.

Hence, an at most Low 2-C Infinity Gauntlet, a somehow higher degree of Low 2-C Heart of the Universe and Living Tribunal, and a 2-A regulator Thanos and Above All Others.

I mean again, I need the defined canon outline for Marvel used in this thread. Because iirc the current logic regarding its canonicity is "not consistent", which is a separate argument.

I unlocked this thread again. I think that the suggestion of using separate tiers that use the power levels established by Starlin himself as "At least..." and the levels that would fit with overall composite Marvel canon as "possibly..." has merit.

Hence, an at most Low 2-C Infinity Gauntlet, a somehow higher degree of Low 2-C Heart of the Universe and Living Tribunal, and a 2-A regulator Thanos and Above All Others.
I'm not knowledgeable on marvel but I'm pretty sure IG is far above low 2C. Either 2A or low 1-C and thanos did say IG pales in comparison to HOTU. And the regulator should likely be 1A as it absorbed Above All Others.

The problem is that, again, during the Infinity Gauntlet event, the Infinity Gems using their full power only managed to wipe out a few galaxies, that the Heart of the Universe was explicitly shown to only be of retroactive universal scale, that Starlin's Living Tribunals only has authority over a single universe, and that Above-All-Others only has dominion over a 2-A multiverse, and after he assumed AAO's position, Thanos' mind was only strong enough to focus on one universe at a time.

Starlin explicitly uses far lower power levels for his cosmic characters than what has been established by using patchwork statistics from other sources, and technically, so does Jonathan Hickman, as he also portrayed the Marvel multiverse as a 2-B or 2-A structure, that was possible to destroy by merely bumping universes into each other.

Al Ewing has increased the scale afterwards, by establishing a few higher realms in the Marvel multiverse, but combined with Hickman alone, that technically only reaches tier 1-C or so.

We are likely far too reliant on a few largely forgotten Doctor Strange scans from the early 1990s that talk about higher infinities.

Likely Low Complex Multiverse level, possibly higher (Simultaneously defeated multiple cosmic and abstract entities, including Death, Lord Chaos, Master Order, the Stranger, The One Above All [the Celestial], and Galactus. Later sealed Eternity with the same ease; The usage of the gauntlet's power is limited to the user's imagination, Thanos being far above other users such as Nebula and Adam Warlock, who could overpower all said abstract entities with sheer power)

To be hones this is enough for low 1-C IG, yes we know IG only works on only 1 universe but still it can affect such characters that were in the universe which is still credible.
And thanos stated the IG pales in comparison to the HOTU.

| Low Outerverse level (Absorbed The Living Tribunal and other lesser beings, when the former was attempting to resist that. Thanos said that if he had confronted the Living Tribunal and others before when engrossed in reveling in his newfound power, nothing much would have changed. Minted the Living Tribunal and the rest of the universe back at the cost of his own life, healing from the latter the Astral Cancer he was previously unable to fix with his powers)

Starlins living tribunals having power over only 1 universe doesn't restrict them to only universal. I'm sorry I'm against this and since IG pales in comparison to HOTU. I guess HOTU should still be rated higher than IG.

My thoughts on this.

Again, the actual displayed power levels for Starlin's IG, HOTU, and Tribunal explicitly never exceeded a universal scale. It was a major deal for Starlin when he finally upped the stakes to a baseline multiversal scale in his final Thanos story, and even then Thanos was unable to comprehend a multiverse strictly portrayed as comprised of parallell universes.

Different Marvel authors have used very different standards and cosmologies over the years. I am sorry, but that is just the way that things are.

Again, the actual displayed power levels for Starlin's IG, HOTU, and Tribunal explicitly never exceeded a universal scale. It was a major deal for Starlin when he finally upped the stakes to a baseline multiversal scale in his final Thanos story, and even then Thanos was unable to comprehend a multiverse strictly portrayed as comprised of parallell universes.

Different Marvel authors have used very different standards and cosmologies over the years. I am sorry, but that is just the way that things are.
So you're actually gonna downgrade IG to low 2-C, HOTU to low 2C also? And AR to 2A?

But let's not forget starlin isn't the only marvel writer. Tbh this entire topic doesn't make sense to me as AR should likely be 1A. And marvel multiverse should be low 1A and it has some characters who are 1A also. and AAO is 1A here.

The living tribunal issue can be said as Atleast low 1-C if it's an M-body and possibly low 1A if it's truly TLT.

And based on thanos profile which I'm sure that book which thanos is low 1C isn't a book by Starlin and IG should possibly have other low 1-C feat despite it only having power in only 1 universe. I can't believe marvel hasn't retconned such concept.

Don't we have any marvel supporter? Cause I can't see HOTU and AR as teir 2.

I am just suggesting to use "At least..., at most..." tiers for them, given that the composite cosmology scaling that we currently use is blatantly contradicted by the Starlin stories that they appeared in. Also, Starlin's most recent stories seem to have been treated as non-canon by Marvel's editorial department, so I am not sure if we should even feature the Above All Others and the cosmic regulator Thanos, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back