• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the heart of the universe actually multiversal

for one thing it only affected one universe. Since thanos only absorbed and recreated only one. (plus the rest of the multiverse was unaffected by the hotu when thanos used it to absorb things)

The second is, since The Living Tribunal has his own manifestation bodies. The living tribunal that was absorbed by hotu could have been a manifestation body and not the real thing.

and third marvel the end was non-canon.

I mean i know you guys hate tom but he did say

This interpretation was validated by Marvel's executive editor Tom Brevoort, who stated that like all, "The End" series, the story was intended to have no effect whatsoever on continuity, and if it had, Death would have been made absolute again, which it was not. So the entire event may also have taken place as an "imaginary story" completely outside of Marvel's multiversal continuity.

so why is the hotu considered tier 1 on this wiki? just asking

We seriously need a Marvel cosmology blog tbh. The only question I can answer is the fact an universe in the context of Marvel (especially the 616 universe) isn't the typical low 2-C structure, it's more akin to a "Megaverse" where it contains an infinite amount of dimensions/realms within it (2-A) plus higher plains of existence too (low 1-C and higher).

So the HotU affecting the entire 616 universe is actually very impressive (it's partly the reason why the IG is tier 1 too).

As for the other questions/issues I dunno tbh.

The author's statement of it not being Canon is contradicted by several other pieces of info including other canonical pieces

The heart of the multiversal is outerversal, because there is a long scaling chain and cosmology involved. In composite cosmology, he transcends the House of Ideas, or at least exists on a higher plane of that dimension/space. Which means, even if he only destroyed just a world, his tier is still pretty high into tier 1.

BEen a while since I read the comic, but I am pretty sure it was said he destroyer a lot of higher Dimensions until he reached "our world".

Also, TLT doesn't have universal m bodies, he didn't until the very recent cosmology. But even that has been retconed back to its normal. It was merely an inconsistency in ONE comics, whereas everywhere else, there is only one living tribunal and no m body.

Also, I wouldn't take Tom's words at face value, he often contradicts the canon. Take what the comic says, and the comics says it's canon.

The comic, the canon, that is right. Reddit has its own flaws and biases, this wiki has its own, comicvine and quora has its own. Speaking of Quora, I just saw someone saying Thanos is not even universal with the HotU... So, take it as you will. Read the comic and take it as you will.

Reddit has no rules or organization, every feat and debate there is based on basic strict math and eyeballing, plus bias, it is not even a debate place tbh.

The rest is the rest.

Back