• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Big Yggdrasil Downgrade, Skyfather Upgrades, and Thor Revisions

Eh, I disagree. Calling out powerscaling scenarios like Thor vs Hulk in strength or Thor vs Quicksilver in a race seems like a straight reference to the kinds of questions authors like Al Ewing or Stan Lee are constantly asked, which Stan Lee infamously responded to with "the person who'd win in a fight is the person that the writer wants to win."
It is a reference to that (An explicit one imo), but how the "Varies rating" concept is applied on the quote is what made me think on the previously mentioned interpretation:

"But strength is relative to the need for it. If I have to... I can stand on Jupiter. I can stand on anything if the need is great and the cause is just -- as can you. As can we all. We are not measured by strength, nor by raw power. The measure of us is what we do... when the need for action lies with us... and the hammer is in our hand."

There ins't too much sense on Thor talking only about the Heralds if he says that "we all" can make our strength relative to the need for it.

Also:

"But strength is relative to the need for it. If I have to... I can stand on Jupiter. I can stand on anything if the need is great and the cause is just"

"We are not measured by strength, nor by raw power. The measure of us is what we do..."

The above parts of the quote pretty much not only implies, but, in my opinion, explicitly shows the idea of a more "heroic" approach of the "vary in power" concept than talks about the existence of a real Varies rating

Back