• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos (With the Heart of The Universe) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The multiverse's existence isn't reliant on the Living Tribunal, moot point.
I never said the multiverse is reliant on the Living Tribunal not once. I only said that Thanos destroyed One Universe.
Statement claiming he used up all his powers?
Proof that he doesn’t?
Why does he need to make Infinite Multiverses?
Does that matter? It’s just the matter that he can don’t nitpick every single thing I write up and is irrelevant because you can.
I don't think M-Bodies randomly downscale.
I’m not even gonna respond to that you should know that a Avatar is always weaker then the Original, it is even listed in The Tribunal’s profile did you even read it?

Last edited:
That’s not how burden of proof works-
The Omni-Reality that Thanos speak of, was actually that of a single Universe, as can be seen through out the comic, never once was there ever mentioned a MULTIVERSE, through out the comic, neither was there any displayed Context or actual feat of a universal+ level in the entire comic, talk more of a Multiverse.

main-qimg-bf70f0ac3c1440c3d44878593b44baf0

I'm not terribly familiar with Marvel, but from what I understand the head editor of Marvel considers The End non-canon, and since Starlin's recent Infinity trilogy was based on that Thanos, they are also non-canon.

However, canon/non-canon doesn't particularly matter here. I think the evidence is clear that Starlin for whatever reason limited Thanos' event to this universe, or simply wasn't considering the idea of a multiverse when writing this.

This is kind of the bigger problem with Starlin comics in general. He ignores the continuity of the other writers, and the other writers ignore him. He's off in his own private Thanos-Is-King world that the rest of Marvel turns a blind eye to. We can scale him to the greater multiverse, but I don't necessarily think it would be in keeping with what's actually in the story.
Mostly agreed. The End seems up in the air continuity-wise, since Tom Brevoort does not consider it as canon, but it has been referenced in canon comics afterwards. However, Starlin's most recent Marvel work during the last few years does not seem to fit at all with established canon events, cosmology, and portrayals.

Anyway, again, I am not sure if it is realistic to only give Thanos and the Above All Others this type of uncertain statistics at the moment. Perhaps we could prepare a cosmology revision thread considerably later?

The Omni-Reality that Thanos speak of, was actually that of a single Universe, as can be seen through out the comic, never once was there ever mentioned a MULTIVERSE, through out the comic, neither was there any displayed Context or actual feat of a universal+ level in the entire comic, talk more of a Multiverse.
I was referring to you asking Zark to prove that Thanos didn’t use all of his power, but the burden of proof is on you to prove that he did.

So it should have a different profile, then, is what you're saying?
I already told antvasima as he also said he ain't canon, so instead of deletion a separate profile would be better.
I'm not terribly familiar with Marvel, but from what I understand the head editor of Marvel considers The End non-canon, and since Starlin's recent Infinity trilogy was based on that Thanos, they are also non-canon.

However, canon/non-canon doesn't particularly matter here. I think the evidence is clear that Starlin for whatever reason limited Thanos' event to this universe, or simply wasn't considering the idea of a multiverse when writing this.

This is kind of the bigger problem with Starlin comics in general. He ignores the continuity of the other writers, and the other writers ignore him. He's off in his own private Thanos-Is-King world that the rest of Marvel turns a blind eye to. We can scale him to the greater multiverse, but I don't necessarily think it would be in keeping with what's actually in the story.
I agree to this.

main-qimg-bf70f0ac3c1440c3d44878593b44baf0
Why are you doing this to me comrade. I've got to admit,you really did yyor homework, was it cause of confluctor words?👀.
Mostly agreed. The End seems up in the air continuity-wise, since Tom Brevoort does not consider it as canon, but it has been referenced in canon comics afterwards. However, Starlin's most recent Marvel work during the last few years does not seem to fit at all with established canon events, cosmology, and portrayals.
If it's refrenced in canon comics, doesn't that make it canon or does anything like semi-canon exist?

It was mentioned in Starlin's Thanos series featuring Galactus and Hunger, which was continued by Keith Giffen, and led to the first Annihilation event.

This shit is actually confusing. The head editor actually says it's non canon yet the reference it in canon book😐oh shit this is very confusing but thank you all.

Starlin always does his own thing without caring about anybody else, whereas Tom Brevoort is a poor editor who lets him do lots of serious continuity mistakes and to slip in references afterwards, and then says that it is non-canon first after the works have been published.

The_impress needs to agree also as you were in a debate with her. Since confluctor hasn't replied, he probably must have given up on this thread.

This is blatant proof that the HOTU is just Universal (Albeit, on a Extradimensional scale) and that Thanos only defeated an Avatar of the Living Tribunal. Like I already proved above.

So should we use "At least [Starlin's tier], at most [composite tier]" for Thanos and AAO after all?

This is blatant proof that the HOTU is just Universal (Albeit, on a Extradimensional scale) and that Thanos only defeated an Avatar of the Living Tribunal. Like I already proved above.
It wasn't intended to be an avatar. Starlin has created his own cosmology with a different Living Tribunal in every universe.

However, that was established in his later non-canon comic books.

Yeah,I don't doubt you but don't wanna lower your hopes. I've made threads that I believe are accurate and get accepted quickly only for someone to debunk them or make them null out of nowhere. And impress can do the same.
So we just need her thoughts Atleast.

Shouldn't we have a scan that where the head editor stated it ain't canon so new members don't see it as wank.

Thanos strictly became one with a single universe, and expended all of his power to recreate its structure so death would be final again.

Where is this stated? Also, The Avatar of The Living Tribunal is still 10 Dimensional, and Thanos with the HOTU, absorbed him.
Where has Starlin stated that the Living Tribunal is 10-dimensional in a higher infinities manner? From what I recall, Starlin has had it stated outright in his stories that Eternity and Infinity are not infinite in his canon, despite that it does not really make much sense.

This version of thanos will be low 2-C but will still keep his low 1C key right?
I think that his composite cosmology key is scaled from the Living Tribunal, who is Low 1-A in our composite cosmology canon.

That was not an avatar. M-Bodies have not been a thing since Mark Gruenwald died, and Jim Starlin never subscribed to using them in the first place.

Starlin established that there was a pocket universe inside of the Soul Gem, and another writer established much later that there was one inside of the Power Gem as well, if I do not misremember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back