• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Should just be "Three Hearts nerf / BotW Endgame / AoC or ToTK Intro / ToTK Endgame".

Then just separate his powers with the hand and Shekiah Slate.

Last edited:
Wait why do y'all need a separate page for AoC Link? Everything he does BotW Link can do. It's the same dude without the resurrection.
I mean we aren't sure he is the same canon and he does a few differences like the dlc guardian weapons, improved sheikah slate, weapon bonus effects, his wands work differently, etc.

Should just be "Three Hearts nerf / BotW Endgame / AoC or ToTK Intro / ToTK Endgame".
3 hearts nerf is just the 8-C stuff from tears opening segment so there's no point to doing beginning of tears seperate unless we have Link as still 7-B from Botw endgame which would actually upscale everything else in tears

I mean, it’s pretty explicitly said that the Master Sword’s true power is awakened either in the presence of the calamity, or if Link completed the Trial of the Sword.

Honestly I think it's funny as hell that botw Link jumped from one of the weakest Links to the 2nd strongest in the course of a single game.

Fierce Deity still numero uno of course

3 hearts nerf is just the 8-C stuff from tears opening segment so there's no point to doing beginning of tears seperate unless we have Link as still 7-B from Botw endgame which would actually upscale everything else in tears
3 Hearts Nerf includes BotW and ToTK since they start out at thr same strength. Like if we're using an in-universe thing with the heart containers being force energy and Link being able to handle only so much you get the following:
  • 3 Hearts: BotW / ToTK
  • 30 Hearts: Max BotW
  • 33 Hearts: Max AoC
  • 40 Hearts: Max ToTK
So it would go: Nerfed Link -> End of Game BotW Link -> ToTK Intro Link (30 HP + Max Stamina) -> AoC Link -> ToTK Link

We would only really need three or four keys. For the nerf, scaling to Blights, prime pre-Zonai Link and Link scaling to Ganondorf.

I still think Calamity Ganon should scale to the Master Sword tbh. Them just being a byproduct of ToTK Ganon isn’t really an anti feat, since the latter is far stronger than base Ganondorf due to being empowered by a Secret Stone

Imo, the scaling chain would be like:

Blights < Link + Master Sword < Dark Beast Ganon/Full Power Calamity Ganon < Mummified Ganondorf < ToTK Ganondorf < Demon King Ganondorf < Dragondorf

Yeah unless you buy LTTP Link being complete Triforce level the Master Sword in TOTK is the strongest it's ever been by a long shot, roiding out on sacred energy for well over 10,000 years is no joke

Tbf the BotW Master Sword is also kinda trash. It was pretty messed up from the guardians and possibly Blight Ganons after Link fought thrm off.

But ToTK Mastersword is no doubt the strongest version (barring any Mandrag Ganon scaling shenanigans).

Yeah the fact that a group of guardians could damage the sword and force it into needing to heal for a century ain't a great look for the botw master sword

Honestly I feel like the series has been making a point to say that the sword needs constant blessings or sacred powers otherwise it gets weaker. See Wind Waker for example.

My bad it was five-ish years
The details of how Link obtained the sword a hundred years ago have been lost to the mists ot time, but since he was in possession of it for a number of years prior to becoming a Champion, he was likely around twelve or thirteen years old when it happened."- Page 376 (Creating a Champion)
Link forgot to charge the batteries I guess.

Tfw Link ruined everything because he drew the sword and did no Ganon killing for like 10 years.

How long do you think it will take the sword to go back to normal following the end of the game after being juiced up? Unless this is the new base form, and any following iterations will be the same if it’s constantly blessed.

Yeah but that's an entire army of them, it only took a relatively small group to overwhelm Link and the Master Sword.
I mean that happened over a chase we didn't see it full while he was stuck also making sure they don't just kill Zelda. Honestly the master sword seems very annoying to scale given it is designed to be particularly effective against most of it's opponents and based on what I understand weakened and strengthen across the series

How long do you think it will take the sword to go back to normal following the end of the game after being juiced up?
Current canon has it be at least a single generation. Since OoA/OoS Link drew the sword and those games happened relatively soon after ALTTP.

So maybe 40-100 years per usage. I known that even after the Master Sword trials the sword was still drained post-Calamity Ganon.

Current canon has it be at least a single generation. Since OoA/OoS Link drew the sword and those games happened relatively soon after ALTTP.

So maybe 40-100 years per usage. I known that even after the Master Sword trials the sword was still drained post-Calamity Ganon.

You ever wonder if the the sword always needing to blessed is by design? As another trial for the hero to overcome? Otherwise it seems really tedious having to always power it up instead of it being ready to go.

You ever wonder if the the sword always needing to blessed is by design?
My assumption was that it's more geared towards short periods of intense activity rather than long periods of occasional use.

So it burns itself out fast with the tradeoff being its one of the strongest weapons in the franchise.

Compare it to the Trident. Which is almost as strong but doesn't have the recharge issues.

I mean we aren't sure he is the same canon and he does a few differences like the dlc guardian weapons, improved sheikah slate, weapon bonus effects, his wands work differently, etc.
The guardian weapons sure but the weapon bonus effects and wands, who's to say they don't work the same way in the lore of the mainline games. I'd say the sheikah slate as well but that might've been tinkered with by Zelda or Terrako. I forget. If not, then it continues with my point.
AoC is canon, it just creates a timeline split like Ocarina of Time did. The timeline where the cast is alive and didn't die to the Blights is the Child timeline of BotW where BotW and TotK take place in what would be the equivalent of an adult timeline.

Also, the Master Sword BotW. It's...probably the weakest of the 3D Zeldas barring Wind Waker. The lack of Triforce kinda hits hard when it comes to comparing to other Links. And given it's destroyed by a Ganondorf that doesn't have the Triforce of Power...
Obviously it doesn't impact scaling since BotW is currently the bearer of the highest feats in the franchise, but it does concern how the other Links scale to this.
Bottom line, Zonai Tears < Triforce pieces.

Like as OP as zonai stones are, it’s been made apparent for almost 30 years that nothing is as strong as the Triforce. And that doesn’t even get a mention in this game.

Last edited:
There's already been discussions about it off site, but unfortunately (On VSBW anyway) we can't really justify making shit like the Triforce of Power 5-A via scaling to the secret stones (Not like the stones themselves are 5-A, only straight up user of one that's on that level is Ganondorf himself, everyone else that has one either gets god stomped or one shot by him). Like yeah I agree that it makes sense that Ganondorf with a piece of the Triforce should be superior to the new Ganondorf that doesn't have anything to do with the Triforce...

...buuuuuut since we have a whopping 0 comparisons or connections between the triforce pieces and the stones there's not a whole lot we can do to justify the scaling. It's the same deal as to why we never scaled Triforce of Power Ganondorf to full power Majora and instead basically rate him as fodder compared to the funny demon mask. It's easy as hell to scale the complete Triforce above anything not named Din, Nayru or Farore (Not that it needs that scaling, 3-A sacred realm feats goes brrr) but trying to scale individual pieces of the thing is uh, not easy. Hell we barely got away with making TOP Ganondorf scale to just one of the four giants and that was just because of funny light arrow shenanigans not because he had the Triforce of Power, I mean we did kinda scale him to them before for that reason but even then it was only as a possibly rating, he still had an island level low end to go along with it since we weren't allowed to go full on High 6-A without something that directly said that triforce pieces > giants.

I'd love to have peeps like TP Link scale to large planet level, but as it stands no chance we're getting anyone not from TOTK to 5-A (Again at least not on this site).

that reminds me, where tf is the triforce lmao
Symbol shows up when Zelda seals Calamity Ganon and creating a champion mentions there being a connection.

Besides that those yellow doritos basically don't even exist in this new version of Hyrule lmao.

There's already been discussions about it off site, but unfortunately (On VSBW anyway) we can't really justify making shit like the Triforce of Power 5-A via scaling to the secret stones (Not like the stones themselves are 5-A, only straight up user of one that's on that level is Ganondorf himself, everyone else that has one either gets god stomped or one shot by him). Like yeah I agree that it makes sense that Ganondorf with a piece of the Triforce should be superior to the new Ganondorf that doesn't have anything to do with the Triforce...

...buuuuuut since we have a whopping 0 comparisons or connections between the triforce pieces and the stones there's not a whole lot we can do to justify the scaling. It's the same deal as to why we never scaled Triforce of Power Ganondorf to full power Majora and instead basically rate him as fodder compared to the funny demon mask. It's easy as hell to scale the complete Triforce above anything not named Din, Nayru or Farore (Not that it needs that scaling, 3-A sacred realm feats goes brrr) but trying to scale individual pieces of the thing is uh, not easy. Hell we barely got away with making TOP Ganondorf scale to just one of the four giants and that was just because of funny light arrow shenanigans not because he had the Triforce of Power, I mean we did kinda scale him to them before for that reason but even then it was only as a possibly rating, he still had an island level low end to go along with it since we weren't allowed to go full on High 6-A without something that directly said that triforce pieces > giants.

I'd love to have peeps like TP Link scale to large planet level, but as it stands no chance we're getting anyone not from TOTK to 5-A (Again at least not on this site).
While I very much disagree I can respect your answer.
Except Majora being ranked > most Ganons. That was always silly.

say the sheikah slate as well but that might've been tinkered with by Zelda or Terrako
For the slates I think it's less tinkering and more how every person uses it differently.

that reminds me, where tf is the triforce lmao
Who knows. The only appearance is Zelda and no one known what it even is.

They have Low 5-B+ depending on if the Termina Moon has realistic mass or not.

For the Zonai Stones I'm ultimately not sure what we do about those. Since it looks like the stones are hand me down from whatever God's the Zonai come from and for all we know they could be something from the Golden Goddesses. Ultimately I just don't think scaling is a good idea without a direct statement comparing the two.

Back