• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Making Champion/Sage profiles, what bomb should the BotW Champions scale to?

1. Remote Bombs
2. Remote Bombs+
3. Bomb Barrels
4. Bomb Arrows
Bruh Champions are comparable to Link if not the minibosses hell a weakened out of prime king dorephan was able to fight one of the bosses to a standstill they'd at least be tier 7
Don't the Champions downscale from the Blight Ganons? Like they did lose by they had a sustained fight before that happened.
Agreed besides Sidon would be 7-C anyways for being able to combat the boss tier characters in tears after having not grown and trained since botw since it was actually said a lot that he's been more reclusive and protective or the zora to the point he has not been his going self

Sorry, I may have worded that poorly. Even the weakest Champions should scale to one of them. I'm hesitant to scale them all to Bomb Arrows since it's doubtful the Champions in BotW could damage their own Divine Beasts, especially since it would make them pointless

Sorry, I may have worded that poorly. Even the weakest Champions should scale to one of them. I'm hesitant to scale them all to Bomb Arrows since it's doubtful the Champions in BotW could damage their own Divine Beasts, especially since it would make them pointless
Scaling them to bombs isn't crazy since bombs are like the bare minimum feat not scaling them to bombs means they're just anything potentially at the very very most 8-B bombs and bomb arrows in botw/tears aren't really low 7-B like divine beast even remotely

I mean idk we do have other stuff if we don't want to scale them to bombs

Though wait Ig bombs can harm bosses it'd either be an outlier to bombs for harming bosses or enemies who can tank them but its pretty consistent for enemies to tanks explosions and bombs

Bombs take out an early game Link who is 8-C physically in botw/tears which is still weakened beyond his normal strength so I'd say its pretty downplayed to say they can't scale to bombs

So for the timeline, what path do you think they're going for?
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> Rest of the games -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -> TotK
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> rest of the games -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> Botw flashbacks -> BotW -> ToTK
  • Rest of the game's -> Unknown event -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -ToTK
Sorta feeling 1 personally.

More partial to 2. The only real snag is TOTK Ganondorf as there would technically be two Ganons at the same in OOT, but it’s a minor issue honestly.

Personally lean towards 3 mostly due to the fact that since TOTK Ganondorf never died he'd never reincarnate into a new Ganondorf and so the one from the other games just wouldn't be able to exist

Last edited:
So for the timeline, what path do you think they're going for?
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> Rest of the games -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -> TotK
  • SS -> ToTK backstory -> rest of the games -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> Botw flashbacks -> BotW -> ToTK
  • Rest of the game's -> Unknown event -> ToTK backstory -> OG Calamity -> 10,000x years -> BotW flashbacks -> BotW -ToTK
Sorta feeling 1 personally.
Not 1, since we know the
Calamity happened after OoT. I personally think it’s 2

Hylia and the horned god are both things with the horned god seemingly being active long enough prior to becoming a statue to become known as a counterpart to Hylia. I recall Hylia being referred to in the memories in totk. I think this is Hyrule 3 at the earliest.

Well the OG Calamity happened with a Zonai hero stopping and sealing it. Which implied it happened when they were still running around.
That one wasn't the OG Calamity it was just the one that happened before the great calamity shown in BOTW, Calamity Ganon appeared several times before the time thay Zonai hero fought him

That one wasn't the OG Calamity it was just the one that happened before the great calamity shown in BOTW, Calamity Ganon appeared several times before the time thay Zonai hero fought him
But that doesn't really change my point, what put a stop to Calamity Ganon was that Zonai Hero and the Zonai haven't been seen by TOTK. Unless he was an odd ball that appeared out of the blue, that event would need to happen when the Zonai weren't completely gone.

Rauru and Mineru were noted to be the last remaining Zonai and they both died when Ganondorf was first sealed and Zelda transformed, so he'd have to be an oddball that just showed up. Actually was he even an Zonai hero? The ancient hero armor doesn't mention it being a zonai and when compared to what Rauru and Mineru looked like he doesn't really match up with them entirely (Has some hylian traits so could just be a descendant of Rauru and Sonia)

Last edited:
Even with AoC I don't think he fully scales to Champion, Blight or Link's level. Unlike Sooga.

Using AOC you could maybe argue he downscales from the blights and champions, but overall he doesn't have much going for him since he mostly just gets whipped by Link.

Doesn't he literally die at the end? I haven't gone to the Gerudo area in TotK because I hate deserts and the Yiga Clan.

IMG_2152.jpg

Neat little quirk, if you get a really good diving record the construct recognizes you by name. Honestly loving the npc interactions in this game

I just wish there were more NPCs to powerscale tbh. It's not like Wii Sports where you can scale everyone based on the same specific criteria and hypothetically make a profile of anyone.

Do bomb arrows and the bomb rune not scale to link
We literally already covered bombs
Scaling them to bombs isn't crazy since bombs are like the bare minimum feat not scaling them to bombs means they're just anything potentially at the very very most 8-B bombs and bomb arrows in botw/tears aren't really low 7-B like divine beast even remotely

I mean idk we do have other stuff if we don't want to scale them to bombs

Though wait Ig bombs can harm bosses it'd either be an outlier to bombs for harming bosses or enemies who can tank them but its pretty consistent for enemies to tanks explosions and bombs

Bombs take out an early game Link who is 8-C physically in botw/tears which is still weakened beyond his normal strength so I'd say its pretty downplayed to say they can't scale to bombs

It's a new age for Zelda debating. Smarter and smarter people are looking at profiles with greater and greater amounts of retrospect. It shouldn't be that hard to finish BotW Link's profile before we start adding TotK stuff to his page.

Do we really want 3 different pages for the Link in the BotW canon? We'll already need a seperate one for Age of Calamity.

Got clips of every attack Ganondorf does in his boss fight to stick in his notable techniques section, except for his kick because I have no idea how to make him do that (And really it doesn't matter since it's just a normal ass kick). Also found out Ganondorf can dodge Links attack even if you try to hit him from directly behind, dude just knows when to flip out of the way even when he can't see Link.

Also found out Ganondorf can dodge Links attack even if you try to hit him from directly behind, dude just knows when to flip out of the way even when he can't see Link.
Very interesting

I think that could be either Enhanced Senses or Instinctive Action, just depends on whether or not he sensed Link attacking from behind or if he just acted on his own

Just general enhanced senses. IA would involve unconscious dodging when that isn't what focus time is.

Lets just make him a pre-ressurection/AoC key before we start his other shit or well really if calamity ganon still 7-B either way would it even matter to have that listed

Back