• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Somewhere between 9-B and 9-A considering they have Gorons who are consistently and easily like 9-A maybe at the very very most 8-C but usually 9-A
Belated, but considering Link himself can casually perform 9-A feats like smashing this boulder I calced in the comments, Gorons should def be able to scale above that since logically they should be above him in physicals? Without the Master Sword at least, their whole thing is being physically tough and strong, hence why they eat rocks and chill in lava. This Link isn't like TP Link who's shown himself to be comparable at all or anything like that.

You could potentially even make the "Link can harm enemies who can tank Bomb Arrows which are 8-C" argument and do it that way.

Last edited:
Belated, but considering Link himself can casually perform 9-A feats like smashing this boulder I calced in the comments, Gorons should def be able to scale above that since logically they should be above him in physicals? Without the Master Sword at least, their whole thing is being physically tough and strong, hence why they eat rocks and chill in lava. This Link isn't like TP Link who's shown himself to be comparable at all or anything like that.

You could potentially even make the "Link can harm enemies who can tank Bomb Arrows which are 8-C" argument and do it that way.
My guy I'm not talking about twilight princess Link this is about botw and Totk Link he already has 8-C and Class M physical feats at the start of the game he doesn't have to rely on bombs or anything like that so there's no argument to made.

Gorons are typically 9-A and several times in this game the moster control crews and other people make note of how cracked Link actually is because he's literally just stronger than them

Follow whats actually been talked about in this thread botw and totk are being disconnected from the other master sword Scaling anyways but like sure as doesn't need that to be above an average goron

My guy I'm not talking about twilight princess Link this is about botw and Totk Link he already has 8-C and Class M physical feats at the start of the game he doesn't have to rely on bombs or anything like that so there's no argument to made.

Gorons are typically 9-A and several times in this game the moster control crews and other people make note of how cracked Link actually is because he's literally just stronger than them

Follow whats actually been talked about in this thread botw and totk are being disconnected from the other master sword Scaling anyways but like sure as doesn't need that to be above an average goron
I literally explicitly said this Link wasn't like TP Link...? I also didn't mention anything about other Master Sword scaling, I was talking about BOTW/TOTK Link's physicals alone without the Master Sword, like how he's (currently) rated 6-C+ with it but would scale below that without. Please don't blow up on me because you misinterpreted what I said.

Last edited:
Yeah the sages don't truly scale to the 5-A feat, having a secret stone doesn't mean much since the amp Ganondorf got was way higher than the amps the sages got when they used the stones.
At that point, would it even be plausible to say that the Sages are "possibly/at most/etc. 5-A" because of that?

I haven't had the time to play through or watch up to that point (mainly due to being occupied by a boatload of other things), but I've seen it thrown around that Ganondorf completely washes the Sages, and that only Link can truly fight against him because he's stronger than basically everyone at this point, so "possibly 5-A" seems less stable to me

I literally explicitly said this Link wasn't like TP Link...?
This Link isn't like TP Link who's shown himself to be comparable at all or anything like that.
Yeah in a way that said he isn't comparable to gorons, when he's actually been shown to be comparable to them being able to life weapons like Goron crushers that other Hylians can't lift and being able to shatter large rocks with ease.

I also didn't mention anything about other Master Sword scaling, I was talking about BOTW/TOTK Link's physicals alone without the Master Sword, like how he's (currently) rated 6-C+ with it but would scale below that without
I'm well aware hence the topicnof the convo and the whole "8-C via bomb scaling at most" thing you were trying to say which I'm saying isn't necessary because Link has several 8-C physical feats at the start of this game

And yeah we've discussed here already mid game Link is 7-C so that where that scaling below cutoff is but like I said we're already disconnecting the master sword scaling from botw and totk

Please don't blow up on me because you misinterpreted what I said.
Definitely didn't blow up on you at all moreso informing ya of the stuff you said that was def kinda wrong about this specifc Link and MS scaling

Yeah in a way that said he isn't comparable to gorons, when he's actually been shown to be comparable to them being able to life weapons like Goron crushers that other Hylians can't lift and being able to shatter large rocks with ease.

I'm well aware hence the topicnof the convo and the whole "8-C via bomb scaling at most" thing you were trying to say which I'm saying isn't necessary because Link has several 8-C physical feats at the start of this game

And yeah we've discussed here already mid game Link is 7-C so that where that scaling below cutoff is but like I said we're already disconnecting the master sword scaling from botw and totk

Definitely didn't blow up on you at all moreso informing ya of the stuff you said that was def kinda wrong about this specifc Link and MS scaling
What 8-C feats? Not doubting you, I just wanna read them myself.

What 8-C feats? Not doubting you, I just wanna read them myself.

This is every relevant calc blog I have atm which are important since calamity ganon and blight downgrades are happening and 5-A totk endgame will be a thing as well which again as said these two games are completely disconnected from scaling to the other games or MS

This is every relevant calc blog I have atm which are important since calamity ganon and blight downgrades are happening and 5-A totk endgame will be a thing as well which again as said these two games are completely disconnected from scaling to the other games or MS
Casual 0.84 tons, nice. You could probably even push for the giant storm to be "moderate instability" and use 4000j/kg instead of 2500, but it wouldn't change the result much.

Casual 0.84 tons, nice. You could probably even push for the giant storm to be "moderate instability" and use 4000j/kg instead of 2500, but it wouldn't change the result much.
Yeah it'll be bumped up anyways since apparently the wiki uses the wrong height for cumulonimbus clouds so I've gotta mess with it anyways

Reflecting on the Goron main quest it makes sense why Ganondorf is even more demonic than he normally is, introducing crack marbled rock roast to the Goron community shows that he studied and learned from an even greater evil.

ganondorf_hot.0.jpg
gettyimages-113494477.jpg

It's near the South Akkala Stable, "The All-Clucking Cucco" side Adventure, which is part of the "Potential Princess Sightings!" Side Adventure from the Lucky Clover Gazette
Ah that's why I missed it, I did like one part of the potential princess sighting side adventure and then got distracted and forgot to do the rest.

Oh there’s also the very blatant FTL feat where Link can perceive the movement of a searchlight in his bullet time. I couldn’t get the proper timing with flurry rush but I was able to see it with the bow slowdown
I think we got a lowballed relativistic calc for that but that was using one of Links slower animations compared to the light instead of, like, the speed of swinging his sword, there's also other laser feats we can use.

So from what I'm understanding, does Early Game Link scale to 8-C or 7-C? How many keys is this man gonna have?
Well there's the 3 keys he'd have from BOTW (Prime, Weakened, Endgame) and I'd imagine for TOTK he'd get another weakened key, a midgame key for the tier 7 stuff, then an endgame key for when he fights Demon King Nando. So in total I think he's gonna have 6.

I think we got a lowballed relativistic calc for that but that was using one of Links slower animations compared to the light instead of, like, the speed of swinging his sword, there's also other laser feats we can use.

Well there's the 3 keys he'd have from BOTW (Prime, Weakened, Endgame) and I'd imagine for TOTK he'd get another weakened key, a midgame key for the tier 7 stuff, then an endgame key for when he fights Demon King Nando. So in total I think he's gonna have 6.
I think they should be separated for convenience sake. Like how Super Goku and Z Goku are separated despite being exactly the same person.

Dunno if there's enough that would require BOTW and TOTK Link to be separated, having Z and Super Goku (And how dare you not mention OG Dragon Ball Goku) in one profile would be extremely bloated especially in attack potency, Link's would be way smaller since it's more straight forward. Then again we also have seperate profiles for OOT and MM Link so eh maybe they could be separated.

Dunno if there's enough that would require BOTW and TOTK Link to be separated, having Z and Super Goku (And how dare you not mention OG Dragon Ball Goku) in one profile would be extremely bloated especially in attack potency, Link's would be way smaller since it's more straight forward. Then again we also have seperate profiles for OOT and MM Link so eh maybe they could be separated.
I think the differing main abilities sorta just settles it for me to be different profiles.

I can see the endgame being different. But is there a reason why he’d need two weakened keys? Or is it just for the different abilities?

Weakened (BOTW) and Weakened (TOTK) would definitely have different abilities so it would be two separate keys yeah. Assuming Weakened refers to beginning of game.

I personally think it would be simpler and easier to read if we separated the profiles.

I can see the endgame being different. But is there a reason why he’d need two weakened keys? Or is it just for the different abilities?
It'd be for the different abilities mostly, plus I think weakened TOTK Link has better feats than weakened BOTW Link.

btw the speed different between Links normal speed and his flurry rush state can't be that big by the end of TOTK since Ganondorf is able to (sometimes) dodge the flurry rush but Link can normally keep up with him just fine. There's still a difference but not so much that Links normal speed isn't comparable.

btw the speed different between Links normal speed and his flurry rush state can't be that big by the end of TOTK since Ganondorf is able to (sometimes) dodge the flurry rush but Link can normally keep up with him just fine.
I mean, the slow down stuff is just Link's intense focus
He said sometimes when he focuses, it feels like time slows down. Heh! I really like that guy.

Daruk's Journal page 4
"You're...a skilled archer. It was as if time stopped with every arrow, you let fly. I've got to tell you, Link... When you first showed up, I thought someone was pulling a prank on me. But after seeing you handle that bow; I can tell you're the real deal. You must have seen a battle or two."

Teba's dialogue
My guess would be that canonically Link can just dial up his speed by focusing really hard and Ganondorf has the same skill.

Also storywise and the intended order of things you're supposed to get the master sword AFTER the four temples so everything between then is fair as midgame which entails
If we're going with a pure character dialogue thing then the Mastersword isn't meant to be gotten until after Link went through all Five Temples. Since until Mineru tells Link what happened to Zelda and that the sword will be needed to fight Ganondorf and Purah also says that Link will need to get the Sword. So the Master Sword wouldn't be gotten by Link until right before the final battle in my view.

My guess would be that canonically Link can just dial up his speed by focusing really hard and Ganondorf has the same skill.
Yeah Ganondorf has the exact same skill (Right down to the same slowdown and sound effects), but given that Ganondorf can notice the flurry rush happening and dodge it before he dials up his own speed means the gap shouldn't be too big. Still a noticeable boost but their "normal" speed would still downscale from any results and calcs we can get for the flurry rush.

If we're going with a pure character dialogue thing then the Mastersword isn't meant to be gotten until after Link went through all Five Temples. Since until Mineru tells Link what happened to Zelda and that the sword will be needed to fight Ganondorf and Purah also says that Link will need to get the Sword. So the Master Sword wouldn't be gotten by Link until right before the final battle in my view.
I agree with this, seems like the main intention is for the Master Sword to be the last thing needed before they finally take on Ganondorf.

Technically no, but assuming 100% completion Link is the canon Link then he'd run into Phantom Ganon again when he went to save the Great Deku Tree.

Back