• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

5 second timeframe from when he starts yelling to when it appears on screen, and the fact that it's as close as it is? I'm predicting something like high-end Low 4-C or low-end 4-C.
Don't think it'd get higher than High 5-A, or very high into 5-A if we get a bit more stingy with the timeframe.

I suck at the game so I can't find out for myself, do the 2nd Generation Champions get anything cool? For example are the Champion weapons immune to the gloom?

Yeah they get way better stuff to work with than the champions from BOTW, their weapons aren't decayed by Gloom and when they awaken their sage powers they can deflect streams of Gloom from Ganondorf, same kind of streams that had earlier shattered the Master Sword.

Which honestly the fact that Tulin could likely beat the shit outta Revali makes me so happy.

Dunno about scaling them to endgame Link yet (Not far enough to see how strong Link is by the time he fights Ganon, obviously he'll end up scaling to Ganon but gotta wait to see if the Sages also scale) but they should be comfortably above BOTW Link.

I may be miss remembering this but I was using the Brightbloom Seeds in the Depths earler this week and noticed that the light expanded from the seed slowly when I was in the bullet time thingy. Just thought to bring this up since it may be able to be used to calc Link's speed by seeing how quickly he can fire off arrows in comparison to the lights travel

I may be miss remembering this but I was using the Brightbloom Seeds in the Depths earler this week and noticed that the light expanded from the seed slowly when I was in the bullet time thingy. Just thought to bring this up since it may be able to be used to calc Link's speed by seeing how quickly he can fire off arrows in comparison to the lights travel
He's already FTL but this could yield something

The BotW justifications are for the laser being light speed, he can't dodge them like how he does in Age of Calamity.

Honestly we need a calc for Link deflecting lasers from BOTW, no idea how we haven't had a calc for that yet.

Also besides the blood moon he causes upon using the secret stone to become the demon king, I've got some stuff that can help in regards to calcing the normal blood moon that happens throughout the game. Won't get anywhere near as high results but since it's being done by weakened mummified Ganondorf it serves as a good baseline for how strong he is in that state without being close to his full power.

Does the Monster Control Crew eventually get anything OP, or are they pretty much as fodder as the Nintendo Treehouse event showed us?

(I'm really trying to convince myself a Lookout Landing civilization profile shouldn't just be a Purah profile)

Honestly we need a calc for Link deflecting lasers from BOTW, no idea how we haven't had a calc for that yet.

Also besides the blood moon he causes upon using the secret stone to become the demon king, I've got some stuff that can help in regards to calcing the normal blood moon that happens throughout the game. Won't get anywhere near as high results but since it's being done by weakened mummified Ganondorf it serves as a good baseline for how strong he is in that state without being close to his full power.
Regarding the Blood Moon I wanna Remember there was an evidence in a databook stating It was caused by Ganon's malice.

Yeah there's a statement in the creating a champion book that directly calls the blood moon a result of Calamity Ganons malice leaking out. We stopped using it for pretty shoddy reasons but at this point it's pretty hard to look at it and say the blood moon is just a natural event that by pure coincidence only ever happens when Ganon exerts his power

Yeah there's a statement in the creating a champion book that directly calls the blood moon a result of Calamity Ganons malice leaking out. We stopped using it for pretty shoddy reasons but at this point it's pretty hard to look at it and say the blood moon is just a natural event that by pure coincidence only ever happens when Ganon exerts his power
What about the scaling for Ganon's forms?

I'd personally go with:

Calamity Ganon Malice form (the dragonish one who causes the Blood Moon in Botw) < Calamity Ganon < Dark Beast Ganon (it's Just Ganondorf malice being leaked out while sealed) < Mummy Ganondorf (his miasma broke the Master Sword) < Ganondorf < Demon King form Ganondorf < Dragon Ganondorf.

Right?

I'm pretty sure part of the reason we stopped using it was there are phenomena IRL that cause the moon to appear closer to Earth, like harvest moons or IRL blood moons.

I started a sandbox for the Gloom Spawn/Phantom Ganon enemy. One thing though, it passively creates an effect similar to the blood moon, where it causes the clouds to accelerate. I think this could be calced and have it scale to its reality warping.

If I had to guess, I'm only 45% done with the main story (I get sidetracked way too easily) but I'm getting ideas as I go.

I think this could be calced and have it scale to its reality warping.
Bruh that ain't reality warping that's just moving clouds. But yeah getting a calc for how fast those clouds move can give us a solid low end for Phantom Ganon if we have nothing better to scale him to like the tier 5 stuff or the Master Sword.

Given it makes the sky turn red alongside moving the cloud, I assumed RW was the most obvious explanation. Other characters do similar things and usually that only scales to their RW rather than physical AP

Given it makes the sky turn red alongside moving the cloud, I assumed RW was the most obvious explanation. Other characters do similar things and usually that only scales to their RW rather than physical AP
He's not warping reality though like literally he just corrupted the moon with his power and moved it closer

Guys try and actually be kept up with what we actually have calculated

Would the Gloomspawn Hands scale to the 8-C fodder bomb calc?
Link already has a 8-C physcial feat and possibly a high 8-C one so yeah bosses or stronger enemies would scale

Colgera's feat will easily be higher tier 7

And Yunobo hasa 8-B to 8-A feat

There's a lot here still

I gotta calculate the blood moon which will easily be tier 5

Also Link has Class M LS from my calcs

If we want to Talk stuff from breath of the wild then the divine beast have a low 7-B feat which calamity ganon scales to 4x of that so he'd be 7-B bare minimum but considering the blood moon shit and other feats they'd just be tier 5

That said we'd also need to create new keys for the stage of the game Link is at with endgame link being tier 5, start of game Link being either 8-C or high 8-C (depending on how that potential high 8-C calc goes)

After that idk just scale him to the majod bosses or some shit 8-B to whatever tier 7 shit until he reaches ganon

The 8-C+ calc is for Bomb Arrows. That might not seem like a lot but Bomb Arrows were able to break part of Vah Medoh. That's why a lot of characters like Sidon are only 8-C.
Sidon needs an upgrade regardless for fighting the bosses with Link and he should at least be comparable to the blights so considering as much I'd say he's at least 7-B

Also the guy is a sage he'd potentially scale to the other tier 7 sage feats of the past

Back