• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

This should also scale calamity ganon too since it just proves it was the ganons.
tbf that was already proved when they said blood moons only occurred once the calamity came and never happened prior

the argument against in previously was about whether or not he was directly doing it and if it was just not caused naturally by the moon being corrupted by the calamity ganon which was just dumb but yea

Well yea but this should just make the counterargument invalid so now he could be tiered because of it.
yeah and I'm still doing calcs and such anyways so we'll have to tier the weakened beginning of game link from tears and botw anyways so he'd physically at the start of those two games would be 9-A or 8-C, high 8-C with bombs and have Class M LS

end of game for those he'd be whatever tier 5 potentially high 5-A it seems

yeah and I'm still doing calcs and such anyways so we'll have to tier the weakened beginning of game link from tears and botw anyways so he'd physically at the start of those two games would be 9-A or 8-C, high 8-C with bombs and have Class M LS

end of game for those he'd be whatever tier 5 potentially high 5-A it seems
I think it would be good to calc Colgera's feat as well.

I'm guessing that, assuming Calamity Ganon also becomes (High) 5-A from this, the Master Sword becomes that tier as well? It wouldn't make much sense for it to be so significantly below the feat itself since it's still considered to be the end-all-be-all weapon to fight against Ganon

I'm guessing that, assuming Calamity Ganon also becomes (High) 5-A from this, the Master Sword becomes that tier as well? It wouldn't make much sense for it to be so significantly below the feat itself since it's still considered to be the end-all-be-all weapon to fight against Ganon
Master sword is kinda in a weird situation in TotK with how it works so I don't think scaling like that would work or be good.

I don't mean TOTK's Master Sword, because I know that that variation of the Master Sword is significantly amped apparently, but I mean BOTW's Master Sword.

I'm only asking since it seems like Calamity Ganon is also gonna be Tier 5 just based on the new information?

I don't mean TOTK's Master Sword, because I know that that variation of the Master Sword is significantly amped apparently, but I mean BOTW's Master Sword.

I'm only asking since it seems like Calamity Ganon is also gonna be Tier 5 just based on the new information?
I was just thinking that the master sword is in a weird situation due to its function of it just being significantly stronger against "darkness/evil" and the strength against those forces being dependent on how much sacred power it has absorbed

Hmm. . .then in that case, I feel like a new key for the Master Sword in BOTW and/or TOTK would probably be the best option, considering that the way we see it work there is a lot different from the way we see it work in previous installments.

Yeah I'm already in the process of getting a new profile for TOTK Ganondorf ready, gonna eventually remove all the Calamity Ganon stuff from the current profile since it's now confirmed it's not the same dude.

Also side note but it's been funny seeing timeline videos pop up made by people that haven't gotten far enough in the game, as an example HMK released a video yesterday where he says it's confirmed the games are in the downfall timeline due to the mural beneath Hyrule castle depicting the imprisoning war from ALTTP, it's gonna be so funny when he plays enough of the game only to find out it's a completely different imprisoning war lmao.

Yeah, that + Rauru not looking human at all really caught me off-guard and made me think that this isn't (likely) any of the timelines we're used to. It's far too different to categorize it that way.

Yeah, that + Rauru not looking human at all really caught me off-guard and think that this isn't (likely) any of the timelines we're used to. It's far too different to categorize it that way.
Confusing on how it would be placed. Should definitely atleast come after skyward sword into its own timeline but I'm not so sure.

I mentioned it in the general Zelda thread but BOTW and TOTK are basically a soft reboot, the events shown in these games and their flashbacks happen so far after any of the other games before them that it's a fresh start. The timeline properly unified at some point given the references to stuff that happens in all of them (Or given the sheer timescale maybe every timeline eventually just experiences the same events at some point) but ultimately it doesn't matter since all those previous events are considered myths and legends by modern day as confirmed by the creating a champion guide book.

There's no doubt this comes after Skyward Sword, since. . .duh

I think this comes after Ocarina of Time because of the Temple of Time being. . .well, a thing in both of those games, though you could probably correct me on that

This could be a case of elements from every timeline overlapping in one single timeline, at least imo

Just off the top of my head (frankly, I can't think of anything specific from the Child Timeline), we have the "Imprisoning War" concept from the Downfall Timeline, and the Rito and Koroks from the Adult Timeline

I can see a timeline unification, although I dunno if that's exactly accurate considering how different the Imprisoning War is portrayed in TOTK compared to how it is in the Downfall Timeline

We could get into the headcanony or theory territory with the ouroboros mark symbolism with TotK logos where everything is just a never ending cycle and is bound to repeat itself.

Illusion Creation (Created an illusion of Hyrule castle as it appeared in the past, with the illusion being so convincing that that the center of the room could be interacted with and walked on despite actually being a broken hole[8])

Just a little snippet of the TOTK Ganondorf profile I'm working on. Dude is a cracked illusionist, if he felt like it he could make an illusion of a wall that can physically stop you.
His phantoms and those gloom hands are also some really handy abilities too.

Just a little snippet of the TOTK Ganondorf profile I'm working on. Dude is a cracked illusionist, if he felt like it he could make an illusion of a wall that can physically stop you.
Yeah, I've seen some of the abilities you added into a mini-sandbox with the abilities of Gloom; shouldn't a few of them be passive?

Huh, haven't seen something like that yet. . .

Is it similar to Flurry Rush, or is it something activated through a different ability in the game? Because depending on the context, it could go either way

Huh, haven't seen something like that yet. . .

Is it similar to Flurry Rush, or is it something activated through a different ability in the game? Because depending on the context, it could go either way
When you use ascend or reversal (before activation) you can see your surroundings completely frozen.

Hmm

I'll have to take a couple of looks for myself to see how exactly that works, but at the moment, I'd tentatively rule that out as a game mechanic, not unlike how your surroundings pause when you use the Ocarina or Wind Waker

But considering this is TOTK, I'm not going to say it with definitive reason

Just from a glance, from the moment he starts yelling to the moment the blood moon actually appears on screen (8:54-8:59), it seems like it'd yield something ridiculously high into 5-B or 5-A, could even be close to Low 4-C with just how close it actually looks

It'd be 5-A at a minimum, even using nearly 5 minutes for the timeframe of Calamity Ganons blood moon got large planet level results and he doesn't move the blood moon anywhere near as close as Ganondorf does when powering up

Ooh yeah, this is definitely gonna yield some real stupid shit lol

5 second timeframe from when he starts yelling to when it appears on screen, and the fact that it's as close as it is? I'm predicting something like high-end Low 4-C or low-end 4-C.

Are we treating Link viewing everything as frozen when using certain abilities as time stop or as a reaction speed feat?
Time Stop imo, everything stops, enemies, particle effects, NPC's, the avatars, actual light, etc and most notably, the clock itself stops.
plus it's part of a time based ability so why not there's also funny clock sfx when you proc it so

it's ******* useless though for offense and defense, it's basically just a free "free thinking" tool.

I wonder if the old champions ascended/ are in peace and enternally resting or still pilotting the divine beast. are there any connection between age of calamity to totk? evidence? ( I just want my boy tereko to be alive)

Don't think there's a single reference to anything from age of calamity, which shouldn't really shock anybody.

Back