• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress General Discussion

Gas Passer in MVM is so good that they nerfed it (I remember using it pre-nerf, thing of beauty), and it's still the best pyro MVM weapon.

Gas Passer in MVM is so good that they nerfed it (I remember using it pre-nerf, thing of beauty), and it's still the best pyro MVM weapon.
Remember not even your skills can save you from our lord and savior gaben.

Cause you can’t do a thing when decides something must be nerfed

Hey guys btw I was the one who made the CRT that gave the mercs resistance to fear manipulation

(Saxton hale mask grants the user resistance to HHH’s boo)

I’m still curious though if it’s full fear manipulation as the players can be affected by ghosts.

but people told me the ghosts scaring the players despite wearing the saxton hale mask is likely a game mechanic

His roar says social influencing but I feel like we should change it to fear manipulation

Here’s some things for the merc’s skill

Heavy as a kid before going out and becoming a mercenary was capable of killing multiple guards in a gulag.

In the expiration date short. Heavy, scout and soldier also killed a bunch of other mercenaries and came out of the instance with no wounds, even heavy who is the biggest and slowest of the mercenaries was unharmed.

Pyro and Heavy were capable of finding the administrator. Which is impressive for pyro especially cause he don’t speak. He also seemed to sneak by everyone in the area, heavy instead just killed them.

Spy, while his back was turned, was able to get behind a guy, take his weapon out of his hand, and stab him in the back all in a short action while the guy was mid attack, and he did this without making a sound.

Demoman in his short showed multiple times that he knows where he needs to shoot his pills for them to roll or bounce back on the enemy, shooting two pills to perfectly take out the sentry and bouncing one off a wall to kill a pyro that was chasing him.

A blue Heavy was capable of catching a red scout and putting him in a hold in the meet the scout short despite him being the slowest and scout being the fastest

Every mercenary seems to be intelligent except for scout and soldier and they all seem extremely competent in combat.

We see in meet the soldier that in team fights they do make callouts to each other and alert each other of enemies showing they atleast sort of work well as a team.

I’m going to update this if I can find anything else

In the comics spy was planning to also back stab an entire courtroom of people surrounding him on all sides. and he seemed confident he could pull it off.

also this is how i rank the mercs in terms of combat. Demo, Heavy, Spy, Soldier, Scout, Pyro, Sniper, Engineer, Medic,

Last edited:
A blue Heavy was capable of catching a red scout and putting him in a hold in the meet the scout short despite him being the slowest and scout being the fastest
I'm against using anything from the Meet the Team videos, mostly because it's heavily implied that most if not all of them are staged and just propaganda. Everything else looks good though.

Don't we also see more than 1 sentry at the start of expiration date?
Yes but don’t we also need to change HHH’s social influencing boo to fear manipulation?

my crt resulted from resistance to social influencing from HHH to resistance to fear manipulation from HHH.

also the regular ghosts scaring the player despite not being affected by HHH’s boo is a game mechanic.

I'm against using anything from the Meet the Team videos, mostly because it's heavily implied that most if not all of them are staged and just propaganda. Everything else looks good though.
Nah, it’s not that they’re staged, since the entire purpose of the Meet the Team videos was so the Administrator could gather dirt on the mercs. They’re just full of PIS is the thing (like no one fighting back against the Pyro in Meet the Pyro for example)

Back