• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress General Discussion

I hope this'll mean that the game will now receive community updates instead, but I also hope we don't get a community update similar to Invasion or End of the Line either.

@Anomalous_N_I_W_D_E's going to like this. It's been like six freakin' years since a major update, I guess.

I feel like we shouldn't get our hopes up too high, considering the update will likely just be on par with the usual Smissmas or Scream Fortress updates content-wise (since Volvo likes to call those major updates for some reason). Still, it's definitely a step in the right direction, and I'm excited to see what new maps get added to the permanent map rotation!

I feel like we shouldn't get our hopes up too high, considering the update will likely just be on par with the usual Smissmas or Scream Fortress updates content-wise (since Volvo likes to call those major updates for some reason). Still, it's definitely a step in the right direction, and I'm excited to see what new maps get added to the permanent map rotation!
At the same time, when was the last time Valve has made an announcement like this for an update? This could be a full fledged update since Valve doesn’t usually announce stuff like this

I would like to bring up an old feat of Soldier running for 1900 hours
I remember it being said that Soldier actually ran for a shorter time because it's possible military time was used, but i don't really understand how that would change how much time passed when the time is straight up said in hours, military time doesn't count hours differently to my knowledge
I'd be fine with the feat being ignored due to being a gag or something similar but i just find the military time thing silly

I would like to bring up an old feat of Soldier running for 1900 hours
I remember it being said that Soldier actually ran for a shorter time because it's possible military time was used, but i don't really understand how that would change how much time passed when the time is straight up said in hours, military time doesn't count hours differently to my knowledge
I'd be fine with the feat being ignored due to being a gag or something similar but i just find the military time thing silly
That was military time, so it was 5 hours.

Still impressive since Soldier ran nonstop.

That was military time, so it was 5 hours.

Still impressive since Soldier ran nonstop.
Upon further thinking military time does make sense
It just threw me off because the text box also says "hours" which makes it seem like it's not telling the time of day but instead how much time passed

Mind being more specific? Only thing I see that could be wrong is the amount of Soldiers that caused it.
For one, its assuming that the flash of light generated by the blast is the actual explosion, that wouldnt be the case as we never actually see that specific explosion, and for two we dont know how many rockets were used there, so assuming it was just one rocket would inflate the result
Also why are you still scaling scout to weapons that vaporize him?

For one, its assuming that the flash of light generated by the blast is the actual explosion,
It says "Explosion" in the subtitles, and transcript. The explosion also appears right after missile's sound ends.
that wouldnt be the case as we never actually see that specific explosion, and for two we dont know how many rockets were used there, so assuming it was just one rocket would inflate the result
If you looked down in the results, you can see I divided the result by 50 to be safe.
Also why are you still scaling scout to weapons that vaporize him?
1. Supporting feat
2. I don't feel like writing an entire essay again, but tl;dr, statement from Pompson that says its used to injure, kill, and incapacitate people which implies people can survive it, death icons that wouldn't be possible without mercs surviving the weaponry, properties of the weaponry that would be pointless if they were meant to be one-shot weapons, them being able to harm enemies that can survive them, etc. Still writing out the arguments on that one.

Neat. Here's some suggestions.
1) You should probably list a few of these abilities as non-combat applicable, like the yeti or broom stuff, so people don't get confused and think Scout can use them in a match.
2) You could just list this in the weakness section as well, but you could add Statistics Reduction on his profile and write how he can apply debuffs on himself, like with the after-effects of Bonk!

Are you gonna revise some of the other mercs as well? I've been considering revising Medic's profile for obvious reasons but that's a low priority for me at the moment.

Neat. Here's some suggestions.
1) You should probably list a few of these abilities as non-combat applicable, like the yeti or broom stuff, so people don't get confused and think Scout can use them in a match.
I mean, he technically could, it probably would just get him killed
2) You could just list this in the weakness section as well, but you could add Statistics Reduction on his profile and write how he can apply debuffs on himself, like with the after-effects of Bonk!
Yeah I haven't quite gotten to the weakness section yet, I plan to do that.
Are you gonna revise some of the other mercs as well? I've been considering revising Medic's profile for obvious reasons but that's a low priority for me at the moment.
I've started to revise Soldier's profile, and I plan to do Saxton Hale next

Back