• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry if that’s a bit off topic, but there’s Saxton Hale slamming Scout through a metal door and making an Australia shaped hole in it in jungle inferno trailer. Should be worth calcing
I don't think he slammed scout through it, by the way he stuck his arm out it's safer to assume he charged through it, and the wall appears to be concrete not metal

Also the meet the demoman in the beggining has a 9-A feat and jungle inferno has another 9-A feat so... yeah
The first doesn't look like 9-A, and probs wouldn't scale to anyone since we don't see anyone tanking it, not to mention it being a chain of explosives rather than a singular one. The Jungle Inferno Explosion was calced to be less than 9-A. You can probably find the calc earlier in the thread somewhere.

Oh, sorry if that’s a bit off topic, but there’s Saxton Hale slamming Scout through a metal door and making an Australia shaped hole in it in jungle inferno trailer. Should be worth calcing
That would only scale to Saxton Hale, as Scout at most, got his face hit by it. At most, it would net Wall Level for Scout. It's kinda redundant as I've already listed some feats above.

This is how I plan for the profiles to be organized if this is goes through.

Including both gameplay + comics/videos

Attack Potency: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Capable of harming Scout, who can survive Soldier's rockets, and a giant explosion) | Small Building level (Stronger than before. Can harm Robot Giants such as Super Scouts, who can survive Sentry Buster explosions. Should be comparable to their durability. Despite being called "the laughing stock in the mercenary world", becoming soulless allowed them to defeat the Team Fortress Classic team, who defeated the Administrator's best echelon, Team Vanguard, which left her with "just the rejects")

Durability: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Can survive explosives such as Pipe Grenades and Rockets. Physically superior to Scout, who while injured, survived this) | Small Building level (Stronger than before due to becoming soulless. Capable of surviving Sir Nukesalot's explosions, which are this strong. Comparable to Pyro, who possibly survived a building exploding)

Key: Gravel War | Robot War/Australium Chase

Excluding gameplay

Attack Potency: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Capable of harming Scout, who can survive Soldier's rockets, and a giant explosion) | Likely Small Building level (Stronger than before. Despite being called "the laughing stock in the mercenary world", becoming soulless allowed them to defeat the Team Fortress Classic team, who defeated the Administrator's best echelon, Team Vanguard, which left her with "just the rejects")

Durability: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Can survive explosives such as Pipe Grenades and Rockets. Physically superior to Scout, who while injured, survived this) | Likely Small Building level (Stronger than before due to becoming soulless. Comparable to Pyro, who possibly survived a building exploding)

Last edited:
They can tank the fragmentation of the tank that is dura feat destroying the tank is a AP feat the first doesnt correalate (i think i say it without gramatical erros) to the second

Also, we do not assume they fragment a tank for tank busting feats as opposed to an ignited engine doing most of the work. Also, even so, that sounds a lot more like something that requires inverses square law.

What does that even mean

Are we literally going back to the calc literally everyone called and outlier due to the fact that it does 0 damage in game?
How is that a outlier is based on guys that upscales from 9-A feats that make no sense. and also the "take many hits" dont make any sense because is a durability feat not a AP feat 2 diferent things that dont correlate in this cases

How is that a outlier is based on guys that upscales from 9-A feats that make no sense. and also the "take many hits" dont make any sense because is a durability feat not a AP feat 2 diferent things that dont correlate in this cases
We already explained how it’s a game mechanic. They literally take no damage from it when they take damage from other similar 9-A explosions. Not to mention, in sound of Medicine, they were using their ranged weapons, so they probably wouldn’t even be in range of the explosion when it exploded.

We already explained how it’s a game mechanic. They literally take no damage from it when they take damage from other similar 9-A explosions. Not to mention, in sound of Medicine, they were using their ranged weapons, so they probably wouldn’t even be in range of the explosion when it exploded.
Yeah but

1.that is not game mechanics works. Just because they dont tank any damage doesnt mean the feat is debunked or wrong that just means they scale far above the feat and the sentry buster was literally created to one shot sentry so...
2. they were using range weapons because they were getting overwhelmed by a bunch of high tiers robot wouldnt make sense to try to get close and just because they did one doesnt mean they always stayed in range
3. yeah and if the feat was valid then it would be a probally as that is by far the best feats

This is derailing anyway and should be discused later?

If they’re harmed by things below 8-C then tanking an 8-C explosion with absolutely zero damage would be an outlier
Yeah but

1. the Bellow 8-C things were created to kill them so if they become 8-C then the things would become 8-C simple scaling
2. i propose probally or varies to that as there are some 8-C feat

Yeah but

1.that is not game mechanics works. Just because they dont tank any damage doesnt mean the feat is debunked or wrong that just means they scale far above the feat and the sentry buster was literally created to one shot sentry so...
Yes it is. You are arguing its an 8-C explosion, and the Mercs are completely unharmed by it, yet the Mercs still die to 9-A explosions. Not only is it a game mechanic, it would also be an outlier. What does the Sentry Buster have to do with any of this...
2. they were using range weapons because they were getting overwhelmed by a bunch of high tiers robot wouldnt make sense to try to get close and just because they did one doesnt mean they always stayed in range
Yes. They stayed away, ergo, they weren't in the range of the explosion. Oh yea, Medic also has his Projectile Shield so yea.
3. yeah and if the feat was valid then it would be a probally as that is by far the best feats

This is derailing anyway and should be discused later?
No, we will not discuss this any further. I don't want this thread to be filled up with any more "feats" that have nothing to do with the 9-A rating.
The single "8-C feat" deals ZERO damage to the mercenaries, who all take damage from, and die from 9-A explosions. If that is not a game mechanic, then it is a hard outlier.
Yeah but

1. the Bellow 8-C things were created to kill them so if they become 8-C then the things would become 8-C simple scaling
That's not how scaling works. If that was how it worked, literally every outlier conceivable would become a solid rating. There is not a SINGLE other 8-C feat in TF2 that scales to the Mercs. Things below 8-C being created to kill have nothing to do with any of this.
2. i propose probally or varies to that as there are some 8-C feat

This is how I plan for the profiles to be organized if this is goes through.

Including both gameplay + comics/videos

Attack Potency: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Capable of harming Scout, who can survive Soldier's rockets, and a giant explosion) | Small Building level (Stronger than before. Can harm Robot Giants such as Super Scouts, who can survive Sentry Buster explosions. Should be comparable to their durability. Despite being called "the laughing stock in the mercenary world", becoming soulless allowed them to defeat the Team Fortress Classic team, who defeated the Administrator's best echelon, Team Vanguard, which left her with "just the rejects")

Durability: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Can survive explosives such as Pipe Grenades and Rockets. Physically superior to Scout, who while injured, survived this) | Small Building level (Stronger than before due to becoming soulless. Capable of surviving Sir Nukesalot's explosions, which are this strong. Comparable to Pyro, who possibly survived a building exploding)

Excluding gameplay

Attack Potency: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Capable of harming Scout, who can survive Soldier's rockets, and a giant explosion) | Likely Small Building level (Stronger than before. Despite being called "the laughing stock in the mercenary world", becoming soulless allowed them to defeat the Team Fortress Classic team, who defeated the Administrator's best echelon, Team Vanguard, which left her with "just the rejects")

Durability: At least Wall level, likely Small Building level (Can survive explosives such as Pipe Grenades and Rockets. Physically superior to Scout, who while injured, survived this) | Likely Small Building level (Stronger than before due to becoming soulless. Comparable to Pyro, who possibly survived a building exploding)

Yeah these seems much better.

Yeah that's enough of that. Currently its fine the way it is, they vary at these levels.

But now its ******* being argued that even then they are separate from the "Canon Panic" Thread... Which is even more bull, but I think you already explained this?
I already explained how the scan even being used to argue this is invalid in the OP.

Right now, we’re just waiting for Abstractions response on that.

Either way, there are still enough 9-A feats/supporting feats that warrant at least a possibly even excluding gameplay.

well, they shouldn't tbh
Yeah then they should downgrade it because if it is is a fat double standard. also wasnt calced that to survive in the center of the sun you needed 8-A part of that was pression but also a part of that was heat who uses energy by obvious reasons

several characters have AP by resisting to heat resistance
...what?

You don't get AP for resisting heat. If you know of these characters, shoot a message on my wall.

Also, I found that the mercs can fragment giant robots, so that might be worth looking at.
So I took a look at one of the Respect Threads, and some notable things to me (To keep it a tad shorter) That I could also find if they matter, from the weakest to much stronger Merc:

So Scout the physically weakest lad thus far alone, can:
Now the Heavy who's the tanky one of the crew can:
Anything else I forgot from these two?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back