• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 Revisions Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are to options one is a trope or two was a movement overkill especially when you are no debate that point no seriously you ignored that points

Currently the only 9-A feats in the verse are for weapons that can either vaporize the mercs or have shown to nearly kill them just from them being in the general vicinity of the weapon. They have consistent 9-B physical feats, both in AP and in durability

The Smashor said:
Evidently, you won't listen to me no matter what I say. Because no matter what, modern weapons must always be 9-B. There is no verse where bullets are allowed to be any higher than 9-B.

This is honestly reminding me of a Sonic CRT in all the worst ways. Since my help doesn't appear to be necessary, I'll be taking my leave. Good luck, Jack.
It's not that we won't listen to you, we will.

But if you keep bringing the same arguments that we already have addressed then we might just get impatient.

The thread is being flooded with a bunch of different things and if our points keep getting buried under the mass of responses reiterating the same thing and don't get acknowledged because of it, of course we might even get upset about it.

Cinematics treat Blu team as fodder, and it is the only time they do so. They absolutely do not scale to cinematic Red team.

For reference,

Red Soldier one-shots them constantly.

Red Demoman one shots with pills.

A single rocket barrage from Engie gibs a man.

Blu Soldier blows up Blu Spy's head with a shotgun blast.

Pyro outright annihilates a whole town of Blus.

On the other hand,

Red Scout while injured survives 3 rocket blasts.

Red Soldier rocket jumps.

Red team almost always gibs Blu team.

Was the rocket jumping calc put in a blog. It kinda needs to be.

Also again, Red Scout in Meet the Medic was already badly injured to the point of limping. Him almost being killed by one rocket and then surviving three rockets simultaneously makes no sense-

You do realize rocket jumping isn't really all that impressive durability given that inverse square law is a thing. And it's still only '''Wall level''' regardless.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
You do realize rocket jumping isn't really all that impressive durability given that inverse square law is a thing.
It shoots directly at his feet. It's so close that it doesn't matter

It kinda is seeing as this is the in-game explosion for Soldier's rockets and, as the TF2 supporters have repeated time and time again, th in-game stuff is primary canon

Also its very consistent seing as its a feat of Soldier being undamaged by a baseline 9-B feat

WeeklyBattles said:
It kinda is seeing as this is the in-game explosion for Soldier's rockets and, as the TF2 supporters have repeated time and time again, th in-game stuff is primary cano
that's good and all but primary canon doesn't mean other stuff is non-canon, normally. coincidentally I have a question about the verse and what passes for lore 'round these parts: I keep seeing stuff about Saxton Hale equalling the Heavy, and Hale being 9-A (the latter bit is something you seem to agree with). why is the former not true? what stops them from scaling?

alright, and what's the evidence supporting saxton scaling to the heavy?

weekly that doesnt make any sense number one oneshoting doesnt make a character brutally weaker especially when a diferent series a diferences of 2x is enough to brutally stomp someone oneshoting someone only give hime more ap in unknown deagres but yeah hale normally stomps heavy and pretty much the verse but he can be 9-a for mantent a decent figth versus saxton hale but still hale stomp heavy

The Yeti

Also Blood in the water shows that even a weakened Hale can overpower Scout and Heavy simultaneously

Saxton does not scale to the Mercs, he scales above them, and Heavy never directly fought Saxton and was in the tug of war with his assistant, so there's no backwards scaling.

Mercs >>> Saxton = Yeti, this is already established on their pages.

EDIT: I'm tired, what Weekly said.

Saxton literally used Scout as a bat against the Yeti.

Everyone else was jumped by the Yeti and had no time to defend themselves.

I personally don't think calculating the same explosions over and over is going to lead to a different result, and would only be continuously delaying revisions, but anyway.

Not sure if the first or second one would lead to any better result than the ones calculated.

The last one feels a bit like game mechanics, what do these resistances actually entail?

None of these explosions have been calculated yet.

I'm not entirely sure, however I think you can "buy" yourself blast resistance in MvM? I'll look it up when I get home from school.

Soldier shot at the Yeti, which of course accomplished nothing, and was immediately knocked out.

They won't at all scale to the Yeti, there's nothing to suggest it.

This is also clogging the thread, so try to comment with new things and not fill it up.

Scout was also terrified of the Yeti and when Hale used him as a bat it actively hurt Scout more than the Yeti

So what else is there to discuss? The current standing is 9-B, 9-A with 'insert weapon here'

Abstractions said:
The last one feels a bit like game mechanics, what do these resistances actually entail?
Alright, so from what I have gathered, I believe that when you kill robots in MvM and pick up the money that they drop upon being killed you are capable of buying several upgrades; all of which are shown here. I'm not sure if you need to have the first, second or third level of blast protection to survive the explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back