• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

Pirahna Plant's a heavy character, no way he's high tier.

Also, unrelated, but I think I slightly changed my stance regarding spirits deconfirming characters.

The main reason being that Pirahna Plant has no spirit. It isn't just absent either, it was outright replaced by the Nipper spirit, as it evolves into Petey Pirahna (which should otherwise definitively be a role attributed to a Pirahna Plant instead). If they made sure to not give Pirahna Plant a spirit despite it being DLC, I doubt they would just give away spirits to characters they planned as DLC, especially third-party ones. You could argue that since PP's the first DLC character, they could have removed it from the spirit list in advance, but still. Seems rather fishy.

I mean it doesn't actually looks like K. Rool is really a top tier rn, looking at tournament results, but it's way too early to tell.

It is way too early to tell. Mewtwo'd be bottom tier going by tournament results, despite ZeRo, Leffen, etc. all saying he's as good as he was in 4.

Didn't sakurai say they'd be characters you wouldn't really expect for a smash game? That does give credence to the Doomguy idea.

I'd be totally down for that tbh. I would think he'd play rather aggressively and I'm mostly playing fox rn, and I like the Doom games.

Doomguy would be a great addition, and it would be an effective way to promote DOOM Eternal. Final Smash would be Glory Kill. Though, out of the 4 aforementioned rumors, Ryu Hayabusa would be my favorite addition; very fitting for him to be in when Simon Belmont is there.

Could give him a dual Final Smash where up close it's like a censored glory kill that just deletes people like Bayonetta's and from afar its a BFG shot.

Why you can´t take photos with a single Joy-Con? Wii Remote in Brawl had far less buttons and could do it.

Get a controller tho

I've seen old gamecube controllers for pretty cheap online, though the pro controllers are pretty pricey.

It´s not like I´m actually going to borrow a pair of full controllers to school, after all, it´s in portable mode.

Yes, I often play it in school

Bobsican said:
It´s not like I´m actually going to borrow a pair of full controllers to school
Yes, I often play it in school
Who wouldn't? I don't even own the game, I just play it every day with my friends.

And playing with one joy-con is fine.

Mainly play it with my brother, though I got some friends who play as well.

Bobsican said:
I mean, consoles and phones are usually banned from school where I live.

I technically am an special case... somehow.
Really? That seems puerile to me.

Warren Valion said:
Really? That seems puerile to me.
The reason is apparently that they simply get too distracted and more salty, that and the fact they would quickly put music like Despacito out loud...

Meanwhile, I´m usually allowed to, unless there´s an announcement, the teacher is saying something I should write (like homework) or the teacher is staring at me in a way indirectly saying that I should take more attention.

Anyways, I still have to put the volume down to 0 all the time, unless I just finished an exam and then am allowed to go out for the classroom while the rest finish it.

Thankfully, outside of the classroom I´m usually even allowed to play multiplayer, sometimes even in the classroom if the participating ones just finished all the tasks of that class.

Warren Valion said:
I'm fairly certain Zelda is top tier.
Been hearing that as well. She seems a lot more agile which she really needed. Can't say much else given I don't play much as her to really tell, but have been hearing nice things in that regard.

Ganondorf is also faring a lot better from what I get. The wider reach for the Smashes seems to help a lot.

The one I can't get a good grasp with is Adult Link, I can't figure out how to use the Bomb Rune properly -_- (I'm too used to spam them to control space and such):

Sonic is deconfirmed because he has a sprit

You can aim Mr. Game and Watch's Chef now by holding up or down while using it.

Also, Isabelle can pocket Mewtwo's Down B.

Back