• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure that their maximum power applies to those moments? I saw some people skeptical about it in previous posts in this thread.
And said skepticism was more or less shot down. Plus, if we're going to allow Smashers scale to Reshiram's and other Legendaries' full power but not the likes of Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia's full power despite having the same reason that the other Legendaries have, then we shouldn't give them High 6-A either. It's blatant double standards.
While it's true that a lot of characters in fiction can surpass their supreme creators, it defies logic, (which can also happen in fiction,) so I think it needs stronger contextual support than with typical power scaling, unless it's made obvious.
I legit don't get this point. He's capable of taking hits from them, he can fight their Spirits in Spirit Battles, he's stated to be one of the strongest, if not the strongest, Pokémon multiple times by both characters and in-game descriptions. Isn't that enough proof?

Also, who cares if it defies logic? It's fiction! Heck, I can name so many things that defies logic in Smash Bros alone without even needing to bring up them being creators. So the point of fictional characters surpassing their creators defies logic is ultimately meaningless. If a character is stated and shown to be comparable, if not surpasses, their creator, then there we go, they're comparable or have surpassed their creator. It's not that complicated.

And I'm not trying to say that logic doesn't matter in fiction period, cause logic does matter from time to time, I'm just saying it's not as complicated as you're making it out to be.
Anyways, sorry for the mini rant.
I meant that a different playable character that's amplified by Xerneas is easily capable of launching base Mewtwo off-screen to defeat it.
And they casually scale to Mewtwo. Everyone, besides Galeem and Dharkon normally, casually scales to one another. I don't get this point either.

And said skepticism was more or less shot down. Plus, if we're going to allow Smashers scale to Reshiram's and other Legendaries' full power but not the likes of Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia's full power despite having the same reason that the other Legendaries have, then we shouldn't give them High 6-A either. It's blatant double standards.

I legit don't get this point. He's capable of taking hits from them, he can fight their Spirits in Spirit Battles, he's stated to be one of the strongest, if not the strongest, Pokémon multiple times by both characters and in-game descriptions. Isn't that enough proof?

Also, who cares if it defies logic? It's fiction! Heck, I can name so many things that defies logic in Smash Bros alone without even needing to bring up them being creators. So the point of fictional characters surpassing their creators defies logic is ultimately meaningless. If a character is stated and shown to be comparable, if not surpasses, their creator, then there we go, they're comparable or have surpassed their creator. It's not that complicated.

And I'm not trying to say that logic doesn't matter in fiction period, cause logic does matter from time to time, I'm just saying it's not as complicated as you're making it out to be.
Anyways, sorry for the mini rant.

And they casually scale to Mewtwo. Everyone, besides Galeem and Dharkon normally, casually scales to one another. I don't get this point either.
I don't plan on objecting any of this because I was just helping to stimulate brainstorming. It's an important part of the process for coming up with good ideas. If what you write is true, then perhaps you should save it somewhere in case people question you again.

High 6-A for Spiritless fighters seems to be the consensus atm, we’re mainly discussing scaling to Galeem rn for Spirit amped fighters

Pretty sure spiritless Smashers should be 4-A due to Tabuu, as even without wings he could sustain the 4-A subspace.

Is there any evidence for that? I am pretty damn sure that when he died the thing instantly collapsed, thus it scales to physicals.
That's one step- you also need to prove other things, such as that he was sustaining it with his energy specifically, and it scales to him through some UES. Given that SSE is basically without dialogue, I don't think there's proof of that.

My draft would look something like this (based on what I believe to be acceptable). Keep in mind, this is a hypothetical Sephiroth profile:

High 6-A, Low 4-C with Final Smash | 3-A, possibly Low 2-C, higher with Final Smash

Key: Base | Empowered by Spirits

Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level
(Can harm characters who can withstand attacks from Reshiram, who can scorch the world with fire), Small Star level+ with Final Smash (His Final Smash is this strong) | Universe level, possibly Universe level+ (Fought and defeated Galeem and Dharkon, who are individually capable of crushing the universe in a short period of time. Can also contend with characters amplified by Spirits of Palkia and Arceus, the former of whom controls all of space and the latter of whom appeared from nothing and created the world and sky), higher with Final Smash (Far stronger than their regular attacks)

For other characters, this would be:

High 6-A, higher with Final Smash | 3-A, possibly Low 2-C, higher with Final Smash

Key: Base | Empowered by Spirits

Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level
(Can harm characters who can withstand attacks from Reshiram, who can scorch the world with fire), higher with Final Smash (Far stronger than their normal attacks) | Universe level, possibly Universe level+ (Fought and defeated Galeem and Dharkon, who are individually capable of crushing the universe in a short period of time. Can also contend with characters amplified by Spirits of Palkia and Arceus, the former of whom controls all of space and the latter of whom appeared from nothing and created the world and sky), higher with Final Smash (Far stronger than their regular attacks)

Note: I'm not sure about the 2-C stuff atm. Also, I'd be content with a full-on Low 2-C rating
For reference, this is the proposed draft.

I suppose we can apply this since more staff seem to agree with the draft? Or do you want more staff?

My issue with waiting for more staff is that it’s very unlikely that more will show up, given how niche this verse is on this wiki in particular

My issue with waiting for more staff is that it’s very unlikely that more will show up, given how niche this verse is on this wiki in particular
I wouldn't call Smash niche to be honest, because it's literally one of the most iconic crossover fighting game franchises in gaming history that made a huge impact. Besides, I believe we already had more than 3 staff comment here?

Or would you like one more just to make sure?

You guys are in luck as I've seen this pop up and decided to input on this thread from my own accord.

But the proposed updates should be fine with me, I can't say anything for the 2-C stuff though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back