• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

I mean I've beaten both my previous Classic Mode record (on my first try, mind you) and my previous highest Global Smash Power with Piranha Plant. Either I'm surprisingly skilled with it or it's a rather strong character.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I mean I've beaten both my previous Classic Mode record (on my first try, mind you) and my previous highest Global Smash Power with Piranha Plant. Either I'm surprisingly skilled with it or it's a rather strong character.
You are not alone.

Haven't used Piranha Plant yet, but playing Octopath Traveller at the moment. Will check him out soon though.

Bobsican said:
Ca we all agree that Piranha Plant´s Final Smash is competitively better than Jiglypuff´s?
Barring maybe Sonic and Rosalina, every Final Smash is better than Jigglypuff's.

Peach's is a free down smash and a bunch of healing. How is it bad it's basically a guaranteed kill if you just put them at a decent percent.

Yeah, Gigglypuff's Final Smash is easily the worst; does 0 damage nor even causes statuses. Peach's at least puts all opponents to sleep. Though, one plus side was that Bridge of Eldin glitch. That one was pretty cool.

Peach's is far from bad yeah, it does the amount of damage you'd expect from a final smash (the damage it does when it puts it to sleep + a good free attack) and heals you for 60.

Oh also does anyone know the pain of playing on a single joy-con

Peach has the best Final Smash in the game. Second is Zelda.

Basically, a free stock and it heals 60% of damage.

How can you say that is bad?

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Peach's is far from bad yeah, it does the amount of damage you'd expect from a final smash (the damage it does when it puts it to sleep + a good free attack) and heals you for 60.
Oh also does anyone know the pain of playing on a single joy-con
Single Joy-Con (with grips) is my preferred playstyle.

Warren Valion said:
Maybe because i tend to go to eat the peaches first then charge an smash attack, but with how slow I oftem am wit that, the foes just wake up when I´m about to smash them and then get hitted by them instead.

Man, changing the command placement for special moves would be a good thing. I mean, Peach is the only one which counter is Neutral Special, not Down Special, which makes the controls harder when you´re customized to play FE characters.

Bobsican said:
Warren Valion said:
Maybe because i tend to go to eat the peaches first then charge an smash attack, but with how slow I oftem am wit that, the foes just wake up when I´m about to smash them and then get hitted by them instead.
Man, changing the command placement for special moves would be a good thing. I mean, Peach is the only one which counter is Neutral Special, not Down Special, which makes the controls harder when you´re customized to play FE characters.
Zelda too.

Zelda is reflector though.

Wokistan said:
Zelda is reflector though.
Reflectors work the same way though, shown with both Star Fox and EarthBound Characters, you press their down special, but Zelda's is neutral.

Princesses are unique I guess.

Reflectors are generally less consistent, it seems. The Mario's and Mewtwo have it on side B, and Ness has it on Fsmash.

Wokistan said:
Reflectors are generally less consistent, it seems. The Mario's and Mewtwo have it on side B, and Ness has it on Fsmash.
You know I had this nice comparison between the princesses of Nintendo and you just had to ruin it with facts and logic.

Damn you Wokista, Damn you.

Speaking of Ness, we should probably rename his PK Thunder technique to, "Chicken Tender"

"PK HAHA no localization!" I mean "PK FWASH!"

(Off topic, but..):

I made a Shaggy Mii fighter, and started maining him along with a Dio Brando Mii fighter

Let's just say that I felt omnipotent afterwards.

Doesn't Peach Final Smash also leaves the opponent in helpless free fall if it catches them in the air? That could be useful for stopping someone's recovery, even at low %

TartaChocholate said:
Doesn't Peach Final Smash also leaves the opponent in helpless free fall if it catches them in the air? That could be useful for stopping someone's recovery, even at low %
Yep. It does.

I think I saw that strategy in early tourneys; essentially charge Peach's FS, knock opponent off the stage and use FS to let them fall to their death as Peach picks up recovery or, in doubles, attack their partner. Also since it's not a damaging FS it's not really weakened by being the FS gauge variant like other FSs.

This thread seems dormant, I'll spice it up with a story of my good friend John and I playing a heated game of Smash Ultimate:

The other day I was playing Smash with a friend.

We had played numerous rounds and was I was about ready to leave.

"One more game," he said.

I nodded.

He decided to play with Captian Falcon, while I went with my main - Ganondorf. The fight was going as all the others had before it. I had managed to already get rid of two out of his three stocks before he could get rid of any of mine.

Now he was getting mad,

"No, No, NO! You will not three stock me again!"

I sat there, trying to stop the shit-eating grin that was building on my face. In his anger, he grew desperate, and probably thought along the lines of "**** it!" So he jumped toward me charging an aerial Falcon Punch.

I responded with Ganon's own Neutral special - Reverse Warlock Punch.

He landed, his spacing was perfect - he hit me with his best attack. I thought I lost a stock as he screamed in elation.

However, the Warlock Punch bestows Super Armor, it is because of that Super Armor that I was able to completely tank his Falcon Punch and because of the Falcon Punch's end-lag, he couldn't dodge my Warlock Punch.

I hit him, he died instantly, and I won the game - three stocking him for the fifteenth time in a row, then he drove me home completely silent.

He hasn't talked to me in a week.

And that Ladies and Gentleman, is the reason why Ganondorf is the King of Disrespect.

I ave my own Ganon disrespect stories (and I don't even use Ganon like that). But my better one is bodying my cousin's Piranha Plant with my ROB, not letting him get back on stage. My d-air beat out his up-b to the point where getting him offstage was GG. I beat him so badly he's afraid to use the Plant against my ROB from now on.

Also zero-to-death'ing his Roy with my Pokemon Trainer was fun too.

The real cal howard said:
I ave my own Ganon disrespect stories (and I don't even use Ganon like that). But my better one is bodying my cousin's Piranha Plant with my ROB, not letting him get back on stage. My d-air beat out his up-b to the point where getting him offstage was GG. I beat him so badly he's afraid to use the Plant against my ROB from now on.
Also zero-to-death'ing his Roy with my Pokemon Trainer was fun too.
I don't even try to disrespect with Ganondorf - I just make the dumbest plays because they would be funny and they turn into the greatest of reads.

Admit it, you now main a lot of characters because of the Same Series Boost when using a particular spirit.

Nah, I do the opposite. I take a spirit from the series my main is from and feed it to hell and back.

Which results in me playing a defense G&W, which makes no sense, but still.

I don't use spirits.

All my mains are anime bois with big ass swords.

All the Links, Ganon, Shulk, Cloud, and Ike.

My poor sweet summer child. Without spirits, you don't know the joy of giving Jigglypuff a Jump-style spirit with 2 bonus jumps.

One of my favorite sets, because it hits even harder than Akuma at the cost of some health, it´s worth it:

2019022521185800-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF
2019022521130100-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF
Yes, that was a single hit

2019020916173700-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF
Self explanatory

Back