• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

Brawl is so nostalgic for me, but good God I can't stand to look at it. It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust.

And I'm the guy who watched through all of Problem Solverz in two sittings. I only got up in the middle of it because I had to eat dinner.

I might be one of the few people who think the original Smash Bros visuals actually did age well; mostly for nostalgia reasons. But the original still has the best commercial. But yeah, Brawl's opening was super epic as mentioned above.

It was composed by Nobuo Uematsu wasn't it?

two songs...............

I still think the cinematic of Melee was the best one. Regarding graphics, I guess stylized ones tend to age better as the take on detail really improves as video games evolve. IMHO.

Which was the original smash commercial? The one where they were skipping in a flower field and then proceed to beat the snot out of each other?

My only problem with Brawls graphics is its muted color pallet.

And I honestly can't stand the way Melee looks.

Good news, fellas! I got Smash for my new Switch. I'm actually having a blast in the World of Light, presently. I don't know why everyone else seems to think of it as boring. The Classic Mode is interesting, and Spirit Board is a good way to pass the time. And when my brother's there, 4 stock Smash battles are a blast.

All in all, I really think this is a good game.

I enjoyed World of Light as well, I can see why so many battles can be tedious after a while, but I actually enjoyed that and finding spirits and who's who in the representation.

It worked.

Man, it´s more innapropiate than some YTP, in fact, I bet that I would get my comment deleted if I posted here a screenshot of some parts (I´m looking at the Miis part, for example).

The comment section is also filled with a bunh of Goku wanking, and a Kirby Vs. Goku post that has 420 replies by now.

@Bobsican: Kirby wanking as well, if you ask me >_> (I mean, some are declaring him omnipotent, undestructable and all that) Ever since the World of Light trailer, there have been many vocal Kirby fans going around insisting how he's the most powerful character in fiction, yadda yadda, mostly using the "Infinite Power" statement, how his final bosses are terrifying and all that non-stop. Even parody and fun comics where Kirby is being all adorable and innocent for a joke has some of his fans actually getting offended and ranting on how powerful he is. I mean, nobody denies how formidable Kirby is nor how his feats are absolutely incredible nor how the bosses he beats are impressive horrors (I found them more on the awesome side, personally), but dude, they won't let up.

Gotta say, though, Sakurai has a pretty badass fingersnap.

@TriforcePower1: Well, after his slump in Brawl, each update makes Link more viable than before. The day ouh boy becomes reaches the top I'll squee like a fangirl.

Would be awesome to see Banjo & Kazooie, but I highly doubt that's true. What would be really awesome is if Conker the Squirrel was in Smash though.

I'd honestly like to see Crash or Spyro. Since Crash's remastered trilogy was recently released and Spyro should be getting his later this year if he hasn't already.

Personally I'd prefer Spyro much more to Crash, especially since Spyro isn't a humanoid character.

Spyro and Crash would be great to have as they weren't in Playstation All Stars despite them once being Sony's main characters. But still, they'd fit in well and are thankfully not owned by competitors.

Oh yeah, I never actually replied to this.

@Dark

Them not being in all stars really killed me tbh. It made no sense. But I didn't really like the game anyway.

I see a lot of people wanting Crash in particular, and some wanting Spyro. While I'd prefer Spyro, if I had to choose who was more likely to get in, I'd say it would be Crash. Though I'd love it if they came in together. And them not being owned by Sony's competitors just made me realize that they should hopefully have a greater chance.

@Tarta

In terms of ground speed? Yes. Like running. I'm not sure who's the slowest in terms of aerial drift. Maybe DDD.

Playstation Allstars was at least a lot better than Cartoon Network's Punch Time Explosion; but yeah, it was literally a rip off of Smash that was sup-par in nearly every possible way. Some even rumored that Microsoft might make there own that has Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, The Battletoads, Banjo, Conker, Blinx the Cat, Hero of Oakvale, and Killer Instinct cast. Though, as usual, don't trust rumors but sounds like it could be cool on paper

And yeah, Crash and Spyro should have been in PS all stars, but would be even more awesome to have in Smash Bros.

I mean, we still have 4 DLC slots left to fill for Smash. I wouldn't be surprised, especially considering how popular of a choice those would be.

O once tried to play Punch Time Explosion on my 3DS. It sucks so much it isnt even funny.

The graphics even make it look like a NDS game.

Back