• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is exactly what it says in the title, a discussion thread of Smash Bracket and Crossover Colosseum.

What is Smash Bracket? It's an internet web series on a YouTube channel where every Super Smash Bros character is put in a tournament-styled series of animated fights with the results of their fights aligning with the conclusions of their research, similar to Death Battle. Keep in mind that their methods of powerscaling and researching are very different from how Death Battle and this site powerscales. This leads to them putting characters at very low tiers compared to how we put them at.

At this point in time, the next episode of Smash Bracket will be Sonic vs Fox 2. They are making a rematch since they seem to have lowballed both characters by a lot and they wanted to fix their mistakes.

What is Crossover Colosseum? It's another internet web series on YouTube made by the same people who are behind Smash Bracket. The difference is that they aren't restricted to the usage of Super Smash Bros characters, they use other characters too. Crossover Colosseum is basically your average VS show, like Death Battle. But their research and methods of powerscaling are very different.

For now, the next episode of Crossover Colosseum will be Link vs Darth Vader.

This is exactly what it says in the title, a discussion thread of Smash Bracket and Crossover Colosseum.

What is Smash Bracket? It's an internet web series on a YouTube channel where every Super Smash Bros character is put in a tournament-styled series of animated fights with the results of their fights aligning with the conclusions of their research, similar to Death Battle. Keep in mind that their methods of powerscaling and researching are very different from how Death Battle and this site powerscales. This leads to them putting characters at very low tiers compared to how we put them at.

At this point in time, the next episode of Smash Bracket will be Sonic vs Fox 2. They are making a rematch since they seem to have lowballed both characters by a lot and they wanted to fix their mistakes.

What is Crossover Colosseum? It's another internet web series on YouTube made by the same people who are behind Smash Bracket. The difference is that they aren't restricted to the usage of Super Smash Bros characters, they use other characters too. Crossover Colosseum is basically your average VS show, like Death Battle. But their research and methods of powerscaling are very different.

For now, the next episode of Crossover Colosseum will be Link vs Darth Vader.
Nice to hear

A day ago Smash Bracket released a video announcing that Sonic vs Fox 2 will be coming soon.

I am rooting and betting on Sonic. Even with Smash Bracket rules, I still think Sonic has the hax, speed and stats advantage.

As for Link vs Darth Vader. I am rooting for neither and betting on Link. SB likes to lowball characters a lot so I doubt they are going to buy any scaling that puts Darth Vader remotely close to Link in terms of strength. Link also has the hax advantage. Vader might get the reaction speed advantage but I doubt that will help him a lot against Link.

Anyway, if you ask me, the difference between our wiki and SB is like the sun and the moon:

• Our wiki at least tries to be comprehensive with scaling, feats, calcs, abilities, etc. These are all put together with the goal to make a profile that maximizes their power without including anything false but some people are blinded by the light. Outliers, assumption, unreliable statements, etc. Just like how we spend half our time under the sun and are rarely hurt by it these examples aren’t the norm but are hard to deny. You just have to look up. Heck, the fact some profiles have multiple walls of text could be considered analogous to that as well.
  • SB on the other hand has a concrete goal with their battles and builds their rules around them. This can be limiting but because it’s one series with one team it’s also more down to earth. They also are more keen to doubt feats and avoid scaling, so the later rounds aren’t dominated by a few verses. All this represents how even a full moon is much dimmer than the sun but isn’t out of reach like it. While its luminosity can be disappointing it’s often better than when our profiles ignore anti-feats or outliers. Then there’s how they keep their cards close to their chest. Some of the characters who won haven’t had their full strength displayed yet. Just like how the moon waxes and wanes there are some episodes with more revealed than others.
Welp, there’s my thoughts on the differences in philosophies. As someone relatively involved in both communities (I’m in the Smash Bracket Discord and the answer to @Deidalius’ question is yes) I wonder how y’all think differently. With just the feelings I’ve had reading/watching and discussing them both this is the conclusion WDinATX has reached. What do you think everyone?

Anyway, if you ask me, the difference between our wiki and SB is like the sun and the moon:

• Our wiki at least tries to be comprehensive with scaling, feats, calcs, abilities, etc. These are all put together with the goal to make a profile that maximizes their power without including anything false but some people are blinded by the light. Outliers, assumption, unreliable statements, etc. Just like how we spend half our time under the sun and are rarely hurt by it these examples aren’t the norm but are hard to deny. You just have to look up. Heck, the fact some profiles have multiple walls of text could be considered analogous to that as well.
  • SB on the other hand has a concrete goal with their battles and builds their rules around them. This can be limiting but because it’s one series with one team it’s also more down to earth. They also are more keen to doubt feats and avoid scaling, so the later rounds aren’t dominated by a few verses. All this represents how even a full moon is much dimmer than the sun but isn’t out of reach like it. While its luminosity can be disappointing it’s often better than when our profiles ignore anti-feats or outliers. Then there’s how they keep their cards close to their chest. Some of the characters who won haven’t had their full strength displayed yet. Just like how the moon waxes and wanes there are some episodes with more revealed than others.
Welp, there’s my thoughts on the differences in philosophies. As someone relatively involved in both communities (I’m in the Smash Bracket Discord and the answer to @Deidalius’ question is yes) I wonder how y’all think differently. With just the feelings I’ve had reading/watching and discussing them both this is the conclusion WDinATX has reached. What do you think everyone?
All I can say is that Smash Bracket is more based than this wiki.

Back