• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

Pac Man, Shulk, and Olimar I can never figure out. Too many setups. To a lesser extent, I see Snake and Mega Man the same way.

Snake, personally.

He's a lot of fun, and when you set-up a combo, it's great.

But all of his smash attacks are explosives with a limited range, so I die more often then not trying to get my self in the right positioning.

And usually, when I try and do a special move of the character instead of just fighting, I get my ass handed to me.

I used to suck at Ganondorf, but now with his buffs in Ultimate, he's become one of my mains.

Hitting people feels ******* amazing with Ganondorf.

Inkling and Duck Hunt for me. I guess Duck Hunt just generally sucks but I'm definitively bad with Inkling.

Probably this game's Bayonetta. It's weird not being able to link Fair into stuff or really do any sort of Arial into grounded move combos, and I've been drifting further to dudes like Luigi to fill that niche.

I was playing 4-player Smash today with my friends at school, and one of my friends was playing Samus.

And he got his Final Smash and blasted my other two friends off-screen with it while I dodged the attack and landed behind him with Ganondorf.

I then charged up a Smash attack and waited for his Final Smash to finish before I let go and one-shotted my friend - ending the match.

It was amazing.

I'm really good with characters who just spam N-air. Yoshi and R.O.B. are two of my mains. I'm gonna pick up Palutena too.

TriforcePower1 said:
Playing Smash with friends is hilarious, trust me.
The friend that was playing Samus was so angry at me that he has refused to speak to me until he beats me in a round of Smash.

Which will never ******* happen!

My other friends did not have Smash so they forced me to not play with my main but I still used him a couple of times. I did 40/50% to all of them (3) in the first ten seconds without taking damage with Child Link ovo. One of them even started to spam Kirby's "turn into stone" move. I had Ganondorf. Dodge+Smash Attack and I absolutely destroyed him lol

Ganon is a problem. Even as a level 9 CPU. And as a Mewtwo main, it takes 3 hits to kill me. And that's not an exaggeration.

I still don't know why Mewtwo's a lightweight (lighter than Pikachu even) when canonically he's the heaviest Pokemon in Smash, heavier than heavyweights Charizard and Incineroar.

@Cal: He's the king of disrespect for a reason =P

I just like the very few times I manage to land a spike KO with Cloud's side aerial. Dat crunchy sound.

Ganon does like 30-40% damage with a good Smash attack. Three of those means bye-bye for basically every character in the game.

And has huge range as well. Facing him in doubles is a nightmare, against more skilled players getting flinched by Ganon's partner's moves leads to * CRAAANCH * off the stage by most of Ganondorf's moves.

It's beautiful

TartaChocholate said:
And has huge range as well. Facing him in doubles is a nightmare, against more skilled players getting flinched by Ganon's partner's moves leads to * CRAAANCH * off the stage by most of Ganondorf's moves.
It's beautiful
Yeah, I forgot about the excess range with the sword.

It is so satisfying to see others fly off the screen with a well-placed Warlock Punch.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Inkling and Duck Hunt for me. I guess Duck Hunt just generally sucks but I'm definitively bad with Inkling.
Just spam the special moves and smash attacks.

Recharging ink is also a surprisingly good way to dodge some attacks.

BTW, In the Mario Bros stage, you can side b infinitely in the blue platforms as the ink doesn´t decrease for some reason.

Spamming smashes is how to get punished instantly. I play luigi so I can straight up kill people off something like that, or at least tack on >60%. Wolf also has surprisingly good combo game.

Anyone who can't counter such a simple-minded strategy is not someone with associating with.
Who said I couldn't? That friend I told you about does it all the time. I still kick his sorry ass.

I just hate having to, as it ruins the whole point of what I believe a fight to be about if you run away from your opponent and spam projectiles.

A fight should be honorable.

Honor is for those who lose.

Those who win spams Chef on the edge while racking up damage on those unable to air dodge.

/s

Wokistan said:
Spamming smashes is how to get punished instantly. I play luigi so I can straight up kill people off something like that, or at least tack on >60%. Wolf also has surprisingly good combo game.
Spamming anything is how to get punished instantly, tbh.

Honor is for those who lose.
Those who win spams Chef on the edge while racking up damage on those unable to air dodge.

/s
Those who can't air dodge deserved to be juggled. ovo

DragonEmperor23 said:
The trick is to spam so you can punish the people trying to punish you.
That's usually what I do when I play my mains, the Links. Especially Young Link, the spamability of his fire arrows are actually disgusting.

Wolf's gun is weirdly good. Lot of damage for what it is, phases through attacks and projectiles, has a knife on it so closing the gap isn't a guaranteed save, and Wolf himself is fast enough to play keep away with a lot of the cast and has great options of his own up close.

TMW you realize Shantae and Shovel Knight got in as spirits but Gunvolt, Sash Lilac and Sans didn´t.

I like how the one thing people freaks out over (CPU's skills) is one of the few things Nintendo didn't even talk about.

The skill of the CPU's is one of my favourite things about the game. It actually helps you improve at the game unlike previous games where you could beat pretty much any level 9 with the exact same strategy without losing a single stock. Also that 2nd cpu tournament was hype af, especially the Lucina vs Shulk match.

Back