• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

...That's the whole point of varies, dude.
No varies is supposed to be for characters that actually have their power vary. Like Hulk gets stronger with rage.

Inconsistency, especially to the point of having 3 separate tiers (completely ignoring all the times Henry has been below average human in the stickmin games) means he shouldn’t have a profile. (By the way characters like Spongebob and other hilariously inconsistent characters shouldn’t have profiles either).

The Smash Bros multiverse is also a superstructure, because every character and spirit in Ultimate comes from his own universe, with Brawl being one of them, and at the same time there are multiple timelines for all of them.
What a mess.

The trailers being non canon isn’t non sensical in the slightest. We can’t just say they are alternate timelines that absolutely has to be stated. The trailer so hilariously contradicting the stories events shows that it is a massive contradiction, it doesn’t show it being an alternate timeline.

The trailer clearly doesn’t take place at the end of the game because Dharkon isn’t there, only Galeem meaning this is the beginning.

The trailers being non canon isn’t non sensical in the slightest. We can’t just say they are alternate timelines that absolutely has to be stated. The trailer so hilariously contradicting the stories events shows that it is a massive contradiction, it doesn’t show it being an alternate timeline.

The trailer clearly doesn’t take place at the end of the game because Dharkon isn’t there, only Galeem meaning this is the beginning.
No, it does not. The events of the trailer themselves being contradictive is proof enough that it's an alternate timeline. The ending already has at least three ******* timelines that aren't stated to be alternate timelines, the events in the trailer clearly show us that this is another one.

The fact that the characters are beaten up and blown back, shows that they've been fighting - which isn't what happened at the beginning. They didn't fight, they died immediately - and characters like Hero and Banjo weren't there in the beginning of the game, they were discovered during the events of World of Light - so you are wrong.

They only fought Galaeem at the end of the game. And there are timelines in which Dharkon is killed, so just Galaeem being there isn't ridiculous at all.

Just want to say sorry I if I have come off as aggressive in anyway. I’ll be back on this thread later. I’ve just been reminded of two big threads I’ve been wanting to make and I have a haircut soon anyways. Just know I heavily disagree with anyone scaling to Galeem, but it seems practically everyone else wants them to so I don’t think I’m going to be adding much no matter what I say. Still probably going to comment anyways later because I just don’t see the reasons other people say these characters should scale to Galeem (yes I know he cut him in half, but I mean I don’t see why it would be canon or wouldn’t be an outlier)

I was really hoping for Ryu Hayabusa to be in smash, but the cutscene for Sephiroth was pretty epic. He is a badass, but he can be overhyped and no one was really expecting him.

Actually real quick if we really are going for this alternate timeline approach then I don’t think any of the characters other than Galeem and Dharkon should have profiles. I don’t really know how to properly explain it, but if the characters strength just flips flops through timelines it makes their ap practically irrelevant because they could literally be any tier from 10-C to low 2-C because there is an infinite number of timelines apparently (despite them saying the timelines are made by actions so that shouldn’t be infinite, but smash apparently doesn’t understand that), so there is an infinite chance they are both weaker and stronger than Galeem.

Saikou actually has some plans to literate that the Smash cast actually have multiple showing to be comparable to Master Hand and Crazy Hand at least; and that's how the god tiers have always been. They oneshot the entire cast, but then the cast manages to defeat them later on.

I was really hoping for Ryu Hayabusa to be in smash, but the cutscene for Sephiroth was pretty epic. He is a badass, but he can be overhyped and no one was really expecting him.
Inb4 Phoenix Wright’s reveal trailer has him accusing both Dharkon and Galeem for disrupting the Smash verse. And after he wins the case he executes them (since death penalty is apparently a thing in the AA universe)

Actually real quick if we really are going for this alternate timeline approach then I don’t think any of the characters other than Galeem and Dharkon should have profiles. I don’t really know how to properly explain it, but if the characters strength just flips flops through timelines it makes their ap practically irrelevant because they could literally be any tier from 10-C to low 2-C because there is an infinite number of timelines apparently (despite them saying the timelines are made by actions so that shouldn’t be infinite, but smash apparently doesn’t understand that), so there is an infinite chance they are both weaker and stronger than Galeem.
No, because this argument can literally be applied to any verse that has a 2-A structure. It just so happens that in this timeline Sephiroth beats Galeem. (Which is a clear outlier)

It's not an outlier if no one scales to Sephiroth, though (aside from amped Cloud).
And since everyone was beated by Galeem and then stomped by Sephiroth, there is no reason to scale them to him.

Since it's the end of the game, everyone should be comparable to Galaeem barring his mega attack that one-shots everyone.

Sephiroth one-shotting said Galaeem, and ******** on every character barring an Omnislash Version 5 Limit Cloud shows that this isn't an outlier.

Anyway, about Sephy’s reveal, on one hand I don’t particularly care about FF (even though I really need to play at least FFVII), on the other hand, we get One Winged Angel and one bad*ss trailer. I’m satisfied overall.

Since it's the end of the game, everyone should be comparable to Galaeem barring his mega attack that one-shots everyone.

Sephiroth one-shotting said Galaeem, and ******** on every character barring an Omnislash Version 5 Limit Cloud shows that this isn't an outlier.
It may be the fight they have with Galeem at the middle of the game, just before Dharkon shows up.

Dharkon saw everything from the dark world, ******* his tentacles and decided to stay at home.

I wasn't an FF fan UNTIL I played FF7 six months ago. I have got to play the rest of the series.

But the fact that I see people online saying "WHO?" to Sephiroth blows my mind though.

Like, how do you not know? He's so iconic. I knew who Sephiroth was a decade before I even played FF7.

We can see that Cloud even prior to the Omnislash keeping up with Sephiroth. I'm honestly pretty iffy on making him fully scale to Galeem for this one instance. In most of the trailers, we can see that the characters being revealed completely stomp the other character. If the Bowser Jr trailer didn't make that obvious.

We can see that Cloud even prior to the Omnislash keeping up with Sephiroth. I'm honestly pretty iffy on making him fully scale to Galeem for this one instance. In most of the trailers, we can see that the characters being revealed completely stomp the other character. If the Bowser Jr trailer didn't make that obvious.
Not really.

Sephiroth is notorious for ******* with Cloud. The same thing happened in Advent Children, Seph is still >>> Cloud.

Just looked at what he did with Mario. He could have easily killed him, but didn't.

And not really? They usually go even with the rest of the cast. They rarely stomp the other characters.

I wasn't an FF fan UNTIL I played FF7 six months ago. I have got to play the rest of the series.

But the fact that I see people online saying "WHO?" to Sephiroth blows my mind though.

Like, how do you not know? He's so iconic. I knew who Sephiroth was a decade before I even played FF7.
I realized it was Sephy the moment the music started lol

One winged angel is just a banger

Once again, in a lot of the character trailers, it is common for the character being revealed to be completely stomping the other character(s) for the sake of showing them off. (ex: Bowser Jr, Mega Man for their 2nd half of the trailer, Ken, Little Mac, Ridley, and plenty of others) I don't really see why we should treat this as any different, as its a one-time thing. (Not that it really matters, since Sephiroth won't have a smash profile here).

Yeah, we aren't really going to be making a bunch of Smash profiles, and the Smash Kirby I think might be deleted if it wasn't already. Character like R.O.B. are fine since he has no notable games outside of Smash.

It was deleted long ago, apparently the only reason it stayed back then was to be a "sample", which R.O.B. and the like cover already.

I believe it's because people want more polearm users or axe users.

Back