• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

erBLTRx.png

terrible joke i know

Last edited:
Piranha plant is bad guy, but he isn’t bad guy, eh? I think Sephiroth would count as the first. Also what do y’all think of shirtless Sephiroth?

At the moment it looks like a .png Final Smash like Byleth's (even though it's majestic), but those 8-10 seconds reserved for cinematic Final Smashes would better be spent in a good manner.

Honestly, the way it was set up almost feels like it might be a new boss battle, but yeah, it's probably just a png Final Smash again

It would be incredibly epic and cool to fight him as a boss, the long cutscenes might even be possible in that case, but I don't buy it until I see it.
Safer's cutout is fine, as long as they use some second to show the meteor and the supernova, but remember than in the japanese version of FF7 there isn't any cutscene

I’ve heard people say that they want to upgrade the smashers due to Sephiroth’s trailer. If not, disregard this post, if so:

1) Sephiroth one shooting Galeem even in the trailer is an outlier. Galeem is shown to have beaten cloud along with everyone else, yet cloud beats Sephiroth at the end of the trailer.

2) It’s a non canon trailer, unless smash bros Sonic can just punch people into Minecraft unironically.

3) It goes completely against the games events since Galeem didn’t even meet Sephiroth in the actual story.

This trailer shouldn’t effect scaling at all and even if it did it’s an outlier within the very trailer.

2 is invalid actually, the whole point of smash is to launch people far away, that actually makes sense considering that we don’t know the distance between stages.
1/3 are another can of worms I’ll explain later.

1) Sephiroth one shooting Galeem even in the trailer is an outlier. Galeem is shown to have beaten cloud along with everyone else, yet cloud beats Sephiroth at the end of the trailer.
Rock, Paper, Scissors
2) It’s a non canon trailer, unless smash bros Sonic can just punch people into Minecraft unironically.
The Minecraft cave appears to be just close to the stage
3) It goes completely against the games events since Galeem didn’t even meet Sephiroth in the actual story.
Galeem could just meet Sephiroth after or before the story

We already have confirmation that of nigh-infinite universes in Smash - this can easily just be another universe where instead of losing to Galaeem, Sephiroth came in and one-shotted him.

And nah, Limit Breaker Cloud beat Sephiroth, regular Cloud gets clapped.

Anyway, that might have been the best reveal yet. The only way to top this for me is if I got Reinhard.

How would it be Rock Paper Scissors. Galeem ap stomped cloud, Sephiroth ap stomped Galeem, Cloud defeats Sephiroth through sheer ap. It is the clearest an outlier can get.

Trailers aren’t canon unless the creators say they are, since this trailer goes entirely against the plot of the original game, it definitely isn’t canon.

I feel like people are joking with the last part, unless people are unironically arguing that Sephiroth just plot manipulated the story into oblivion despite him obviously not doing that. He’s going to be introduced into the game the same way all other dlc fighters are, just slapped in with zero connection to the story. Please tell me people aren’t actually using a non canon trailer that contradicts both itself and the especially the main game to upgrade the smash fighters.

Back