• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

Byleth's entire character should have made everyone realize that polearms are just long thin swords, and axes (or hammers) are just big fat swords.

Disjointed hitboxes are disjointed hitboxes. F-Smashing with Ike and F-Smashing with Dedede feel like the same exact thing because swords don't literally slice your open up in this game. There's really no difference between them, and people acting like there would be are fooling themselves.

And nah, it's because they are insecure that they don't get the character they want - so they try and trivialize the features of the character to sound intelligent and superior while also trying to get fans of that character upset; Acting like they've made a legitimate point, constantly giving stupid hypocritical reasonings like "all their moves look the same" when the same ******* thing said about non-sword characters (Look at how many characters have a sex kick nair, a stomp dair, and a cartwheel kick up-air, leg sweep down tilt, headbut up-smash, etc, for instance).

It's really ******* easy to do, I can do it right now about characters I see the same people on Twitter say they want - characters like Doomguy or Masterchief. Which would literally be the same character type, and such a character type is painfully toxic in Ultimate. The projectile zoner that can box you out. Because what the game needs are more Pac-Mans, R.O.B.s, and Game-and-Watch, Villagers, and Duck Hunts-like characters to exist and thrive in its meta.

Actually, I should have just stopped at "Projectile Zoner that can box" because anything else is actually giving reasoning as to why I don't like a character type, which they don't do.

It would be cool to see mounted fighters though; characters who ride horses or wyverns in Smash. Though the latter would probably be too OP in gameplay.
That would be cool. But I don't know how that shit would work for full-on riding horses or flying dragons.

I wanted to see a Midna & Wolf Link kinda thing at one point myself.

I think some people are upset for getting an another “anime swordsman”, but they’re wrong. Sephy isn’t an anime swordsman, he’s THE anime swordsman.
How can you look at what the character did and hear the music going on in the background in the trailer and be "Meh?".

Like, do you have functionals senses? Jesus.

Hypocrisy at its finest
It's the Smash community, what did you expect?

It genuinely baffles me how people can think like that.

(It also baffles me how people don't know who Sephiroth is and/or don't like him being in the game. Granted, I'm one of those people who is okay with anyone getting in. I have characters I want, sure, but I also don't mind if other characters get in either. (Still, how do people not know who SEPHIROTH is?!)).

It's especially crazy since Final Fantasy 7 Remake, one of the biggest games this year, came out this year.

But enough about that, let's speculate about music options.

Knowing Square, it's only going to be two songs. One is obviously One-Winged-Angel (seemingly the Advent Children version, which is dope), but what of the other?

I am thinking a few possibilities: Either Bizzaro Sephiroth's theme (Birth of a God), since, despite it being one of my favorite songs from FF7, Those Chosen by the Planet isn't really a fighting game song. Or one of the two Jenova themes (J-E-N-O-V-A or Jenova Absolute)

Thoughts?

I can't really comnent on music since I'm not a FF guy.
But if they're adding in Sephiroth, they could also add any final boss themes from 7
Well, the final boss of FF7 is fighting Jenova Absoutle and then Bizzaro Sephiroth and Safer Sephiroth back to back (Safer's theme being One-Winged Angel), so I covered those.

The regular Jenova theme is just too good for me not to include.

And since I doubt it, I really don't think we will be getting any remake tracks, sadly. Airbuster would be amazing.

Absolutely the battle theme from FFX.

The problem with the music wasn't really due to Square itself, but because the composer holds the rights or something iirc

Absolutely the battle theme from FFX.

The problem with the music wasn't really due to Square itself, but because the composer holds the rights or something iirc
I highly doubt any non FF7 song is getting in.

And I think that was the case for DQ, but not FF.

**** man, Nobuo Uematsu composed the Brawl theme, I don't think he would have problems with his songs being in Smash.

Although late, I've just accepted that Smash character reveal trailers are about spectacle and being hype/entertaining above EVERYTHING else.

If you want to get technical, all the Smash fighers and Galeem were tired and weakend from fighting each other, Sephiroth then came in to finish Galeem. After that Sephiroth seemed to only care about getting to Cloud and fighting him, slapping everyone else out of the way.

It's especially crazy since Final Fantasy 7 Remake, one of the biggest games this year, came out this year.

But enough about that, let's speculate about music options.

Knowing Square, it's only going to be two songs. One is obviously One-Winged-Angel (seemingly the Advent Children version, which is dope), but what of the other?

I am thinking a few possibilities: Either Bizzaro Sephiroth's theme (Birth of a God), since, despite it being one of my favorite songs from FF7, Those Chosen by the Planet isn't really a fighting game song. Or one of the two Jenova themes (J-E-N-O-V-A or Jenova Absolute)

Thoughts?
I hope they put J-E-N-O-V-A into Smash (besides One-Winged Angel, it's my favorite F7 song, probably the second most well-known as well). I also hope they put REMAKE songs in there, but probably not. (Honestly, I would be okay with just having all versions of One-Winged Angel in, which would be funny).

For other FF7 music: The Price of Freedom (CC:FF7 (Honestly, no idea how this one would work, it's just good)), the ENTIRE FF7R soundtrack (thank god this game at least won Best Music), more specifically songs like One-Winged Angel - REBIRTH (wow, who would've guessed), J-E-N-O-V-A - Quickening (also who would've guessed), Collapsed Expressway (both normal and battle versions), The Airbuster, Hell House, well, you get the idea, music from DoC:FF7 (I honestly have no idea if this soundtrack is good, just mentioning it), etc.

For non-FF7 songs (IF, and that's a big IF, they are added), I would want Dancing Mad (FF6), Almighty Bhunivelze (FF13:LR), Blinded by Light (FF13), Man with a Machine Gun (FF8), music from FF15:RE, every version of the Prelude (seriously, how is the Prelude not already in Smash), every version of the Main Final Fantasy theme (same thing as the Prelude), every version of the Chocobo theme (yes, including Hip Hop de Chocobo, also how is this not in Smash), etc.

(Just through every FF song ever in there, make it go from having less music than BotW to having the most songs in the game).

Oh, easy, FFX songs for Cloud/Sephiroth.
Or maybe the Battle tower song (the one by Toby Fox.) from Pokémon Sw/Sh for... reasons.

Back