• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

They shouldn’t if it comes from the trailers. Trailers are assumed to be non canon by default.

Ignoring how this trailer completely contradicts the game’s story.

We're joking, no one would scale to him anyway, since eveybody has been curbstomped by him.
Just amped Cloud could be a thing, but doesn't scale anyway.

The trailers also are just meant to be cool and have some or no connection at all with the story, which is blatantly warped to fit them in, like in Hero's trailer.

I like to imagine them like what ifs, but still think that the dlc characters are present in the canon story in some way, probably dead like all the other, before the arrival of Kaby.

Ok good, sorry if I misunderstood. I know there are people who unironically want to upgrade the smashers due to this trailer, so I just want to shoot that down immediately.

Not really, he just cut galeem in half. It only looks that way since galeem turned black.

Anyways, how long do you think before people start praising sephiroth as the new strongest smash character when its clearly sandbag?

Last edited:
The way they say it 1) means it isn’t infinite, it just is uncountable, 2) wouldn’t even be usable for scaling (the original point of bring the timelines up) because by that logic every character could be a higher tier due to being stronger in an alt timeline, 3) doesn’t imply to the dlc (which was again the original point of being it up).

Plus again I don’t think the timeline stuff is supposed to apply to smash bros, it just an explanation (and would apply to pit’s verse instead). Which would be needed because smash is for young kids that don’t know multiverse theory.

Young Link's Palutena's Guidance has Virdi confirm that there are infinite timelines based on every action and inaction.
Yes but I don’t think that applies to smash bros. That just seems like an explanation for Zelda’s timelines and much more likely to apply to kid icarus than smash bros. Ignoring how that already is a massive 4th wall break so I don’t even know if Palutena’s advice would even be canon to begin with (since it doesn’t happen in any of the story modes).

The way they say it 1) means it isn’t infinite, it just is uncountable, 2) wouldn’t even be usable for scaling (the original point of bring the timelines up) because by that logic every character could be a higher tier due to being stronger in an alt timeline, 3) doesn’t imply to the dlc (which was again the original point of being it up).

Plus again I don’t think the timeline stuff is supposed to apply to smash bros, it just an explanation (and would apply to pit’s verse instead). Which would be needed because smash is for young kids that don’t know multiverse theory.
It's very clearly infinite, and a high degree as well considering every action and inaction themselves create infinite parallel worlds. Yeah, but those aren't timelines we get to see, the Sephiroth one is, so this point is irrelevant. And there is no reason why this shouldn't apply to DLC.

This idea that trailers aren't canon makes no sense, and isn't supported by anything. Banjo's trailer keeping continuity with K.Rools also seems to go against this idea.

And it clearly applies to Smash brothers, crossover statements have no barring on the original source material.

This is clearly an alternate universe where Sephiroth is the bad guy, and buffed Cloud wins while everyone else loses badly. This isn't hard to understand.

Yes but I don’t think that applies to smash bros. That just seems like an explanation for Zelda’s timelines and much more likely to apply to kid icarus than smash bros. Ignoring how that already is a massive 4th wall break so I don’t even know if Palutena’s advice would even be canon to begin with (since it doesn’t happen in any of the story modes).
They literally mention Pit defeating Medusa in this timeline, and then losing to her in another right before this statement.

It has nothing to do with Zelda's cosmology, or Kid Icarus' for that matter, it's about Smash's. As I said, crossover series' statements don't have anything to do with the original source material.

And dude, there is no ******* story in the story mode - there's nothing to contradict.

It's very clearly infinite, and a high degree as well considering every action and inaction themselves create infinite parallel worlds. Yeah, but those aren't timelines we get to see, the Sephiroth one is, so this point is irrelevant. And there is no reason why this shouldn't apply to DLC.

This idea that trailers aren't canon makes no sense, and isn't supported by anything. Banjo's trailer keeping continuity with K.Rools also seems to go against this idea.

And it clearly applies to Smash brothers, crossover statements have no barring on the original source material.

This is clearly an alternate universe where Sephiroth is the bad guy, and buffed Cloud wins while everyone else loses badly. This isn't hard to understand.
It’s not an alternative universe, this isn’t stated anywhere in the game or canon, this is just pulled out of our butts to have low 2-C smash, despite Galeem contradicting that in the very trailer. Nothing shows Cloud being amped, the only thing saying he was amped was the original FF. The trailer doesn’t state that, so Galeem stomping cloud and everyone else makes Sephiroth’s feat an outlier.

It’s not an alternative universe, this isn’t stated anywhere in the game or canon, this is just pulled out of our butts to have low 2-C smash, despite Galeem contradicting that in the very trailer. Nothing shows Cloud being amped, the only thing saying he was amped was the original FF. The trailer doesn’t state that, so Galeem stomping cloud and everyone else makes Sephiroth’s feat an outlier.
The fact that Sephiroth defeats Galaeem, and that didn't happen in the story mode is proof enough that this isn't the same universe - this should be obvious.

You don't need everything handwritten for you to understand something.

And what? Limit Break IS an amp. The cutscenes were ripped straight from Advent Children. Just like in FF7 canon, Advent Children Sephiroth >>>>>>>> regular Cloud, while Limit Break Omnislash Version 5/6 literally one-shots him. It's the same shit here.

No that means it obviously non canon. Not that it’s just an alternate universe, it has to be stated that its an alternate universe we can’t pull that out of thin air.

The cutscenes being ripped don’t matter. Advent Children Sephiroth and Cloud have story reasons as to how Cloud won. This is a trailer, so non canon by default, and contradicts the story of the game hard. If cloud can one shot Sephiroth just by limit breaking, and Sephiroth can stomp Galeem, then Cloud would A) some reason be literally infinitely superior to the rest of the cast (since Galeem can one shot everyone in the universe combined), and B) just didn’t limit break one shot Galeem in the story for zero reason.

Oh hey, it's the idiot that tried to get Henry Stickmin deleted through the argument that because he's inconsistent he can't have a profile.
You failed by the way.
I actually still want to delete Henry Stickmin. Also real smooth calling someone an idiot for calling an inconsistent character inconsistent. Look at Henry’s current profile he varies three separate tiers currently, how is that not beyond inconsistent?

No, it doesn't. It doesn't need to be stated to be an alternate universe when the trailer shows an alternate version of the events of what happened.

Yes, the story reason as to why Cloud beat Sephiroth in Advent Children is the same story reason as to why Cloud beat Sephiroth in this Smash Trailer. He was amped by Limit and used Omnislash Version 5.

Where is this nonsense that "game trailer = non-canon" coming from? There are numerous trailers that keep continuity with other trailers, giving the allusion that they share continuity and would be canon. (Banjo with K. Rool's, Sephiroth's with Hero's AND Banjo's)

Cloud needs to be beaten up first before he can get Limit, if he's one-shotted, then he can't get Limit. Sephiroth plays around with Cloud, beating the shit out of him, allowing him to get limit, use Omnislash, and then beat him.

Also, this is an alternate event for what happened at the END of World of Light, you know, when the cast beat Darkhon and Galaeem? So them being comparable to Galaeem at the end of the game isn't absurd in the slightest.

Last edited:
Back