• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sunny Milk and Lightning, Very Very Frightening (Touhou Low Tier Upgrade and Ability Addition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, time to throw my hat into the ring and give my own CRT a shot. Don't worry, this one should be pretty straightforward.

First off, I'm proposing an AP and Durability upgrade based on the article in BAiJR. While the three fairies are out and about, Luna Child ends up being struck by lightning while flying through the air. Afterwards, she comments on it to Aya, seeming only mildly hurt by the whole ordeal. I believe that being struck by lightning still applies to durability if the person being hit is in midair. Not only that, but since it happened during a thunderstorm, it is natural lightning.

Since fairies are all considered weaker than both Youkai and humans, pretty much every low tier in the verse should scale above this feat. That's pretty must the gist of it, so that's all I've got in regards to strength upgrades.

Edit: Lightning feats for durability are a no-go.

Lastly, both Sunny Milk and Luna Child should have healing added to their profiles due to being able to mend their injuries by using light and moonlight, respectively. Props to the three fairies for buffing the low tiers yet again!

Agree: Shmooply, FujiwaraYesMokou, FantaRin_The_First, DaimaouAshura, Veloxt1r0kore, OnsokunoSonic, ChlammyMafahl

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
You already know I agree with this. It's natural lightning, they were airborne so the energy couldn't have gone anywhere else, and they're the weakest characters in the verse so everyone scales. Very simple.

Oh yeah since the OP didn't specify, this would be an upgrade to Building level, as lightning is equivalent to 1.6 x 10^9 joules, only slightly above baseline building level. And for the reasons mentioned above, the fairies tanked the full extent of this.

Last edited:
You already know I agree with this. It's natural lightning, they were airborne so the energy couldn't have gone anywhere else, and they're the weakest characters in the verse so everyone scales. Very simple.

Oh yeah since the OP didn't specify, this would be an upgrade to Building level, as lightning is equivalent to 1.6 x 10^9 joules, only slightly above baseline building level. And for the reasons mentioned above, the fairies tanked the full extent of this.
Agreed. While my own know-how of how the Touhou series works pale in comparison to Fu over here, I do have enough knowledge to stay that her statement is correct and that I agree with 'em as well.

Although, I gotta ask, where did you get the "lightning is equivalent to 1.6 x 10^9 joules" statement from? I'mma admit I am dumb with numbers, so if this is common knowledge or if there is a page somewhere in the wiki that states this, tat's fine with this Fanta.

Although, I gotta ask, where did you get the "lightning is equivalent to 1.6 x 10^9 joules" statement from? I'mma admit I am dumb with numbers, so if this is common knowledge or if there is a page somewhere in the wiki that states this, tat's fine with this Fanta.
Under the energy section, 1.6 billion. Believe me, I'm ******* awful with numbers, I wouldn't make a math-related claim unless I had a source backing me up :v

Seems like the lightning page may need an update then :v

Anyways, guess our best bet now is to just pray to god that someone finally ******* calcs those Cirno feats.

Sounds about right. The final one in the list I gave might scrape low 7-C territory, but that'd be an 'at most' feat.

Last edited:
So to get this out of the way - if Cirno gets upgraded, I assume every low-tier character (China, Reisen, etc) will be upgraded as a result?

Yes. We're already scaling like half the cast to her. While the specifics of that scaling may need to be improved upon, Cirno is still a good 'baseline' for what feats people can scale to.

Also Meiling may or may not be getting upgraded to High 6-A :v

Anyways, would it be best to move the plethora of other low-tier feats to a new thread, and just apply the healing addition from this thread?

Ye. You need to find someone who can calc those Cirno feats, tho. High 8-C/8-B Low Tier Touhou seems fun (even if Cirno is the only one who will get matches since her immortality and regen isn't as busted as the others)

So, if the feat gets evaluated and accepted, I suppose I could add it to the OP, assuming the thread hasn't concluded by then.

Wanna clarify that I have 0 calcing skills so this will be less of an actual calc and more of a 'here is everything needed to do the calc'. The high 8-C was just an estimate, I believe.

Okay, so here's Nitori's flood spell card in question (using the Hakurei shrine stage in AoCF since it's a safe lowball, and easier to measure).

AoCF runs at 60 FPS, and the flood moves approximately this far in a single frame.
unknown.png
Here's Nitori's height compared to the three fairies. We know they're 1.387 meters tall, and should have a head size of 0.27391666666 meters (from here). This means Nitori's head size is about 0.29158870967 meters (I feel like I did this part wrong...).
unknown.png

From there, scaling her head to the flood, we find that it moved 1.23285752685 meters in one frame (241/57= 4.228070175438597, 4.228070175438597 x 0.29158870967 = 1.23285752685).
unknown.png

1.23285752685 x 60 = 73.971451611 m/s, which is 266.2972257996 km/h. From there I think we only need to figure out the volume of the flood, which I think also requires estimating how high above the ground they are... yeah, that's beyond my already shitty math abilities. But I hope this is enough info to give someone else the push to do an actual calc of this feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back