• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Touhou's Cosmology, and 2-C Feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends on which border. The physical "wall" separating the two? No. The conceptual "border" distinguishing them as the land of the living and the land of the dead? Yeah.
There are two different borders? Also what is the difference and what is meant by conceptual border?
Anyway this can be applied I think since there are enough staff supports

Okay, so about Otherworlds being different space-times, there's a clear example I can't believe I overlooked. When traveling to Makai, an Otherworld, the protagonists are unable to enter normally, and must rely on the Palanquin Ship, which is stated to "transcend space-time" in its voyage. This clearly demonstrates that entering an Otherworld requires leaving one space-time and entering another, otherwise you wouldn't have to "transcend" anything.

For the border stuff, borders/boundaries in Touhou are more metaphysical, acting more like separating concepts than physical walls. An example of this is the Hakurei Barrier, which is similar to the barrier closing off the Netherworld, but is also the conceptual line between reality and fantasy, and it isn't a regular wall since you can never reach the end, only fly infinitely towards it in a non-euclidean loop.

Beyond that, though, characters like Reimu have demonstrated feats of dimensional travel, but still required the barrier to be broken to enter the Netherworld, showing that the barrier blocks 4D travel/teleportation as well as 3D travel. Supporting this is the above quote about how these worlds are separated by a boundary that resists travel from one world to another, including attempts from Maribel Hearn, who can similarly cross dimensions or even travel through time.

As for the two barriers stuff, there's a physical "wall" we see in the game itself, that is technically the barrier between worlds, but it's different from the barrier Reimu broke, since we see the "wall" in material published after PCB (this is from PoFV, which takes place a few years after PCB). So the physical wall remained untouched, while the more metaphysical one was what was broken. You can imagine it like the front door to a house, except in this case you can only enter the house if the entire outside of the house is torn down. It's weird.

Also, in regards to the "travel back and forth is easy" stuff, all of that is attributed to the barrier being weakened/broken. Prior to that, nobody could cross it. The entire point of this thread was to show how breaking the barrier meant the two spaces merged into one, so it's only natural that people can come and go easily.

If it's been deemed okay for this to go through, though, I can begin the edits later tonight.

Btw, since I no longer know Planck's position, I listed him as neutral just to be safe. Still 4-0-1 as far as staff votes go.

Haha well it seems things will be repeating themselves inevitably here again and the new standards about to going a spree's on (DBZ and the like) will be very entertaining to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back